Status: Complete.

Never Regret

Move?

I smiled as I checked out my appearance one last time before heading out of my hotel room. Tonight’s the DecayDance and FueledByRamen New Year’s Eve party, hosted by Pete in Angels and Kings. We’re still in New York after all. I’d been shopping with Taylor and Ashlee yesterday, and I’d found the most beautiful dress – black silk top half with a pink tutu-like skirt that went down to my knees, a black swirling design on the side of the skirt. It was so me, and it matched the pink in my hair perfectly. Yeah, I’d kinda grown attached to the pink. Logan and Reece had taken Jasmine out for ice-cream, JC waiting behind with me and Taylor while we got ready.

I’m quite excited about tonight if I’m being honest. Everyone’s going to be dressed up beautifully, and each band is going to perform at least one song. It’ll be such a fun night. Michael is unfortunately still over in Australia, but I’m sure he’ll call tomorrow at some point.

“You look absolutely beautiful, Mack,” JC said with a warm smile as I slid into the taxi cab.

I blushed as Taylor agreed, the cab pulling away from the curb. It didn’t take long to get to the club, and once we were inside my jaw dropped slightly. I could see people from all of the bands already inside. I think the line-up for tonight is The Academy Is, Black Cards, The Cab, Cobra Starship, D.R.U.G.S, Four Year Strong, Hey Monday, Never Regret, Panic At The Disco, Paramore, A Rocket To The Moon, The Ready Set, This Providence, Travie McCoy and Versa Emerge. I can’t believe we’re playing alongside artists that are so amazing, but I think we’ve earned our right to be here now. The 6 month tour kinda proved that.

“Mackenzie Wilmot, right?” someone said from my right.

I turned my head and squeaked slightly upon seeing Hayley Williams. The Hayley Williams is talking to me! And she knows my name!

“Y-Yeah,” I nodded, my cheeks blushing lightly.

“It’s amazing to finally meet you. I’ve been listening to your stuff for ages. It’s cool to see a girl rocking out on bass for once,” Hayley laughed.

“Thank you! And it’s amazing to meet you! I’ve been a fan for ages,” I grinned.

“No way! That’s cool!” Hayley said excitedly.

I couldn’t believe this was happening. She’s so awesome! Someone yelled Hayley’s name making her smile apologetically.

“Sorry, I’d better go check no-one’s hurt themselves. I’ll see you around the party,” Hayley smiled.

I waited to squeal until she had walked away. JC and Taylor just laughed at my fan-girlness, only making me blush. Wouldn’t you get a little excited if Hayley said she was a fun though?

The hours passed, which I spent dancing with various members of the bands I had just toured with, as well as dancing with Jasmine. This had been such a good night, especially when we’d performed our newly written song and had received amazing feedback. Jasmine had stood between Pete and Travie McCoy during our entire performance, only making me grateful that I had a daughter who supported my music, and wasn’t a whiny little brat. That would suck.

About 15 minutes before midnight struck, I froze when I felt a pair of hands go over my eyes. Who the fuck is this?! But then I heard the soft laugh I love so much and felt the familiar set of lips kiss my neck…this can’t be real! He said he wasn’t going to make it to the label’s New Years Eve party!

“Still got the pink hair, huh?” my favourite Australian voice whispered.

“Michael!” I squeaked, spinning around.

“Surprise!” he grinned.

Michael looked absolutely gorgeous in a steel grey suit and white shirt, the top two buttons of the shirt undone. I grinned and pressed a hot fast kiss to his lips, breaking away quickly after.

“Well if that’s what I get after being away for two weeks I’m going away more often,” Michael smirked, sliding his arms to the small of my back.

“No you can’t! I fucking missed you! And why are you here anyway? I thought you were spending New Years Eve with your family?” I asked, frowning.

“I already spent Christmas with them, Kenzie. Besides, it was my mom’s idea to surprise you. I wanted to come back anyway but she thought it would make it more special if you didn’t know. I got off a plane about an hour ago, got a taxi cab to the same hotel you’re at, got changed and came straight here. My mom’s plan didn’t leave much time for error, but it worked all the same,” Michael chuckled.

“Now I see where you get it from,” I accused playfully.

“Either way, I couldn’t spend any more time without you, Kenzie. I missed you too damn much. This time apart made me realise how much I couldn’t be without you,” Michael said seriously.

“What do you mean?” I asked hesitantly.

“I bought a studio apartment in New York, about 6 blocks from here. A large open plan living room and kitchen, spacious bathroom, a study, a decent storage room and two bedrooms – one for me and you, and one for…one for Jasmine. I-I want you to move in with me, Mackenzie. I would love you to move in with me,” Michael explained, finishing by biting his lip and looking at me with hope in his eyes.

For the second time that night, I completely froze. He…he wants me to move in with him? Me and Jasmine? Does he even know how much of a responsibility a young child is? And is this really the right move for us already? Michael saw my hesitance and sighed, running his hand through his hair.

“I’m sorry. This was stupid. It’s way too soon,” he mumbled, looking down.

I swallowed heavily and lifted his head with a finger under his chin.

“Is this what you really want? To have me and my daughter around you 24/7? What about when we’re both on tours? Who will Jasmine go to then?” I asked softly.

“I want nothing more than to wake up every morning with you in my arms, Kenzie. You know I love Jazz too. I kinda already thought about what we would do with her when we’re not there. Ashlee and Pete don’t live that far away from us, and Ashlee willingly offered to look after Jazz when we’re both on tour. And if she’s away with Pete or on business then you’re mom and Lisa said they’d sort something out,” Michael said sheepishly.

“So everyone knew about this but me?” I asked, blushing a little.

“I’ve been thinking about it for a while, and I bought the flat before I left for Skipton. But I understand if you think this is too soon. Trust me, I won’t hold it against you,” Michael said warmly, his hand brushing a strand of hair from my face.

Should I do it? Should I take the next step in our relationship? The tenderness in his eyes and his smile made the decision for me. But before I could answer, my little hellion ran over and tugged at the bottom of my dress. Nice timing Jasmine. So I picked her up, smiling down at her.

“What would you think about moving to New York to live with Michael?” I asked her with a smile.

“Move in with Chizzy? Do I get my own room?” she asked excitedly.

Of course, that’s the first thing she thinks of. To be fair, she’s always had to share a room with me, and even when I haven’t been there it’s still full of my stuff.

“I’ll even help you decorate it however you want,” Michael laughed.

“Ooh yay! Mommy can we please move in with Chizzy?” Jasmine begged, her hands squeezing my shoulders.

“Looks like we have our answer,” I grinned.

Jasmine squealed and jumped out of my arms, probably running to tell JC or someone. I laughed and slid my arms up around Michael’s shoulders, smiling as he put his hands back on the base of my spine.

“You can move in whenever you want. It’s all already furnished and ready to go,” Michael told me happily.

“How can you afford all this? How can we afford all this?” I asked, biting my lip ring.

“Well I’ve had some money saved up for a while, and I’m renting my place in Sydney to some family friends, so everything’s covered for now. We’ll just worry about bills and expenses as they come. I’m not planning on going anywhere, Kenzie, so we’ve got our lives to worry about things like that. All we have to do is enjoy our time together,” Michael said simply, tightening his hold on me.

“I like the sound of that,” I said shyly.

Michael lowered his head so our lips were brushing, our breath mingling from being so close.

“And we get to christen a new bed that is ours and only ours,” Michael murmured.

“I like the sound of that even more,” I grinned.

And with that I kissed him, long and hard.

5…
4…
3…
2…
1…

Happy New Year. This is definitely the start of something amazing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Mackenzie’s new years eve outfit

The End!

Here are a list of the commenters:
Bull
Rivals are insane
Redrum is murder
AliaM
Kittyhate666
Madalinaballerina
CharlotteWebb
Spread-the-rumors
Serena Salvatore
Christian Lo
My backseat goodbye

Big thanks especially go out to Bull and rivals are insane, because these two have commented so much that even when I didn't want to write this story anymore, they encouraged me too.
I really hope those who have read this have loved it as much as I've loved writing it. It actually has been one of my favourite ever stories to write - it's just a shame that not as many people have given me the same love back lol. Nevertheless, it's been a fun journey, and thanks for your support!
xo