Status: Thank you for reading and also enduring the long drawn out story!

Promise Me This; Never Let Go

Break The Restraints

Matt

I wasn't supposed to go back knowing she didn't want to see me. I have to though, she has to know. I doubt her stupid Spaniard told her of what he has done.

Right after he left, I caught a cab and was in front of her door in a heartbeat. Alright, not in that quick of a time, but I paid the driver extra to get me to the hotel faster. She has to know how restricted her life has been.

When she opened the door, I caught her in my arms as she lunged to hug me. Again, tears were in her eyes. Was I the cause of this?

I couldn't help but to feel my heart shatter from the guilt. "What's wrong?" I dared to ask. 'I'm what's wrong with you, I am.'

"Matty, I'm leaving in two weeks," she cried, looking into my eyes with her glistening green eyes. Such sadness were in them, I had to sway my attention to the lamp across the room.

"Oh," I answered sadly before my mood was lifted. "Well we just have to make the best of this don't we?"

She was quick to push herself away from me. Franchesa was not in my arms anymore. I felt sad about that. "What are you talking about?" she asked, a small frown on her face.

"I won't be able to see you again after the two weeks are up."

"Why not?"

I wish she didn't ask so many questions for once. When I saw those tears in her eyes, I abandoned all thought of telling her of her possessive husband.

"I wish I could tell you, but not right now okay?" I would never tell her. I would never get the chance.

She sighed, but nodded in defeat. "Okay."

I nodded too. It was starting to get dark out. The sun was slowly sinking into the ground.

She sighed again and appeared in front of me. "What's wrong?"

"Nada," I said. How funny that is. My statement is part of her last name.

"You know, I think you're lying to me. You're mad at me and you won't admit it," she spat.

This was the Franchesa I was used to. She would be glum for a few minutes before the anger struck her. I much preferred this Franchesa. At least with this side, I knew that she didn't change too much.

Without even waiting for an answer, she walked outside to the deck. I growled and grumbled all at once. Then I realized why she thought I was mad at her. My hands were in tight fists. No! This anger wasn't because of her! It's because of Rafael. How do I fix this?

I didn't make a single noise when I stepped onto the tiled balcony with her. My noiseless moves made it so I could hear her sniffle and exhale painfully. She was crying. Why do I make her cry so much? It's not fair to her.

"I'm not mad at you. I'm mad at someone else. I have absolutely no reason to be mad at you," I whispered. I felt shy all of a sudden, feeling scared to tell her these things.

Her grip from the railing lifted as she turned around to look at me. Her eyes were red and her cheeks held a small pink tint.

Through her red eyes, she glared at me. "Why don't I believe you?"

I exhaled slowly through my nose. "I don't know. I wish you would cause I'm not lying."

"And how do I know you aren't?" she snapped.

Her guard is rising. Why is she so scared of me? I could see it in her eyes. Her walls were beginning to surround her.

I don't understand. When I first found out of my unbelievable feelings of her, I never lost any trust in her. Even now, I trust her with my life. I'm not afraid. I'm more afraid of losing her.

"My god Fran! It's like you don't know me anymore. When I'm lying, my eyes change to a dark brown. You're the one who told me that remember? Tell me, what color are my eyes right now?"

"Hazel-green."

"Exactly, I'm not lying to you."

"Why won't I be able to see you again?"

I closed my eyes and sighed. Without a word, I pulled her inside and closed the sliding glass door. There was no way I could leave out anything, but I couldn't figure out a way to make the truth less hurtful.

"He's been monitoring you," I finally said.

The confusion struck her face like I expected. She didn't say anything, but her curious eyes told me to continue. I knew I was risking my privacy and the fact that Rafael could show up soon, but a gut feeling told me I had to do this. This was the right thing to do no matter the consequences.