Status: Active as can be! :)

Hello, Sunshine

Can We Be Fixed?

That night, Ryan didn't come home until five in the morning. Lily, couldn't sleep, so when he came in, she went to her door. As she looked into the hallway, she realized that he was drunk. He could barely keep himself up and ended up falling multiple times. He made a sort of moaning sound, and Lily could tell he was crying. She ran out into the hallway and helped him pull himself up. She walked him into his room and helped him get into bed. He reeked of alcohol and he looked a mess. Lily couldn't believe how drunk he was. Ryan wasn't much of a drinker, mainly because of his father.
He looked up at Lily and smiled. "Lily." he gasped out. She didn't say anything, she just tried to make him comfortable. "I'm so sorry." he slurred. "I messed up. Bad." He began hiccuping. But that didn't stop him from talking. His mouth ran a million miles per minute.
"I want to be with you. I couldn't stand it if I wasn't able to. I can't lose you. Not again. You make me feel so amazing. Higher than anything. It's like, as long as I'm with you, nothing can make me unhappy. I love being with you and I'm the luckiest guy in the world to be able to hold you and kiss you and even know you. I want it more than anything to be able to call you mine. I don't care about Cassie. I don't love her. I love you Lily. And I can't go on anymore without you."
He slurred most of it, but she heard everything. She didn't know what to think. She was happy to hear it, but she didn't like the circumstances. Ryan pulled her into him, hugging her tightly, burying his head in her hair. She felt a drop of water on her shoulder. She could tell Ryan was crying again. She wanted to cry too, but she couldn't.
After about 10 minutes, Ryan was breathing calmly. She got up slowly, replacing her shoulder with his pillow. She looked at his sleeping form. He looked quite peaceful, but she knew it was only from the alcohol. She walked back to her room quietly, only to lay sleeplessly in her bed all night.

Over the next few days, Lily barely ate or slept. She doubted Ryan remembered what he had told her. She didn't ask him though. Neither of them had left their room since that night.
Brendon was starting to worry. Not only about his sister, but about Ryan too. He had never seen Ryan like this. It kind of scared him. Ryan was the type of person that had been through a lot, but has never given up. Also, he had always hated cheating. When Ryan is with a girl, he is completely faithful to her, even if they are miles apart. And if he doesn't want to be in a relationship, he ends it. Usually though, with the girls Ryan goes after, they're the ones that end up breaking his heart. But still, he doesn't let it get to him.
Finally, he couldn't take it anymore. He went up to Ryan's room. He had to talk to him and find out what was going on. He knocked on the door, but there was no sound from within the room. As Brendon entered, he saw Ryan laying on the bed in only his boxers and a t-shirt. Clothes and papers were strewn about the room, masking the floor. Brendon sighed, closing the door and walking over to the bed. He sat at the end of the bed, but Ryan didn't move. He didn't even look at Brendon. He looked a mess. He had red, puffy eyes. His hair was greasy and unkempt. His eyes were empty, holding no emotion whatsoever. He looked broken and it killed Brendon to see him this way.
"Ry." Brendon said. Ryan squeezed his eyes shut. He realized that Brendon had not come to yell at him. If he had, he would have done it by now. Tears once again brimmed his red eyes as he felt depression sweep over him because his best friend was seeing him in his weakest state.
Brendon put his hand on Ryan's arm as an attempt to comfort him. Ryan sat up in the bed, looking down at his lap.
"She hates me Bren." he whispered, his voice hoarse.
"Ryan, I know Lily. She could never hate you." Brendon said truthfully.
"She misunderstood it all. If she would have stayed a few seconds longer, she would have seen me push Casey away. She kissed me. I'd never do that to anyone. Lily thinks I'm playing her, but I'm not and there is no way to change her mind." he cried.
Ryan felt helpless and Brendon didn't know what to say.
"Brendon, I-" Ryan started. "I love Lily. And I can't lose her." He was staring at directly at Brendon. Brendon saw the sincerity and vulnerability in Ryan's eyes. He was speaking honestly and there was no denying he was in love.
Brendon looked sharply into Ryan's eyes. "You need to tell her. Don't just give up. I know she wants to be with you more than anything. You just need to give her a reason to give in."
Ryan stared at him. He didn't know what to do. Brendon knew what he was thinking.
"Go get a shower. Get ready and go talk to her." He pulled Ryan up off the bed, throwing him clothes and pushing him into the hallway. Ryan went to get a shower and Brendon smiled to himself.
He was helping his best friend win his sister's heart. He wasn't going to let Lily pass this up. He knew it was exactly what she wanted. He walked downstairs, a smile still plastered on his face.

After Ryan got his shower and got dressed, he walked over to Lily's door. He stared at the dark wood, trying to slow the thoughts that were running rapidly through his mind. He finally brought his hand up, lightly knocking on the door. Before he knew it, he was staring into the blue-grey eyes he had come to love.
Ryan entered the room, watching Lily walk over to the bed. She looked beautiful, even though she had locked herself in her room for the past few days. Her semi-wet hair was pulled up into a messy bun, indicating that she had left her room to get a shower at some point of the day. A few strands of hair fell loose around her face. She was dressed in a tank top and pajama shorts, showing of her smooth legs. Her face showed signs that she had been crying at some point in the day and the dark circles under her eyes implied she hadn't been sleeping. Yet, she was the most beautiful girl Ryan had ever seen. And knowing this just made him more confident of his love for her.
"What do you need?" she whispered, not meeting his eyes.
Ryan walked over to the bed, sitting next to her. He lifted her head up lightly with his hand. The minute their eyes met, Lily felt herself melt. She knew she couldn't ignore him any longer. She had the urge to hug him, but she ignored it. Ryan stared into her eyes. He tried to speak, but no words came out. Neither of them wanted to break the silence though. They both knew what they wanted.
Ryan leaned in and captured Lily's lips, every emotion he had felt in past few days draining from him, filling the kiss with tenderness. Lily didn't hesitate, she kissed him back. She knew this was what she wanted and she was no longer denying it. When they broke the kiss, Ryan's lips twitched into a smile.
"I meant everything I told you." he said, remembering what he said when he was drunk.
Lily smiled. "I'm sorry for giving you such a hard time. It just killed me to see you with another girl. I at least should have let you explain."
"It's okay. You had a right to be upset. I shouldn't have met with her in the first place." Ryan said.
Lily laughed. This was crazy.
"You know, I was hoping, maybe, we could settle all of this. I want to be with you and no one else. Can we maybe do that?" Ryan asked. "Of course. I couldn't see it any other way." Lily smiled.
She wrapped her arms around Ryan's neck, kissing him again. Ryan smiled into the kiss. He couldn't have been happier. Her lost her once, and he was going to make sure it didn't happen again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Last chapter that I have already written.
Hopefully I can get the next one up tomorrow.
I hope you enjoyed it, let me know what you think!
Thanks so much for reading! :)