Status: Active.

Bursting Red

What lovers do.

We were the very definition of wreckage. The air was humid around us, lighting dim and heavy with the anticipation of what lie ahead of us. I was blind as was he, and we were bound to that word like addicts.

Love.

It filled my brain, my nerves, every ounce of my being. I thought I was miserable but this was something else. I was infatuated to the point of no return and all I could see was that make believe future with that make believe boy. The one that hardly existed anymore. But I loved him and I loved that he had told me how he felt. It was too much and I was weak, it was expected that I would give in so easily. “Deidara-kun, you’re hurting me.” I whispered with a jerk of my tongue. His hand was still pinning down my arm, wrapped firmly around the pink bandages that needed to be changed. It seeped around the edges and a small stream of blood flowed down my arm to wrap around my elbow. I was hurting but I was happy.

“It could be worse, hm.” The heat of his breath against my neck was almost alarming. Delightful in every sense but at the same time concerning. “Can I have you?”

“I, I don’t understand, what do you mean? You have me entirely. My faith, my love, what more is there?”

“It’s lovely how innocent you still are, hm.” My body tensed as he laughed into my collarbone, dragging his free hand up my stomach from underneath his tattered robe I still donned. The sweet smell of wet earth mingled with the smell of his sweat. It seems he had been fighting before he came to get me as I noticed a small scratch to the side of his cheek I hadn’t noticed before. “What I meant to say was, can I take you?”

“Right now?” My voice rose, panic lapping at the edges of my words. He raised an eyebrow at my concern and lowered his head back down to my neck. It was then did I notice his hands weren’t bound and when his tongue made contact with my neck, a second tongue lapped hungrily at my stomach. I let out a frightened whine when it touched the edges of my belly button.

“Isn’t that what lovers do?” I brought my eyes down to his chest, trying to think of an answer that would well suit this situation. After all, I was bleeding, half crippled, losing my mind and it was unbearably hot in here. You would think that through all that, even Deidara would have said no. His hand untied the knot I had managed around the robe, flipping it open to reveal the hardly there garbs I wore underneath. He wasted no time in tearing the knot in my bind, the thin fabric fell to the side carelessly exposing me to him. “Please…” He wasn’t looking at me when he said it, his eyes were scanning my body. The lust evident in the taut fabric that pressed against his anxious length.

“Handle me carefully then, it still hurts.” But I don’t suppose he heard me for his hand snaked back up to my wounded arm and pinned it into place. A sharp intake of breath exclaimed my pain but no sooner was I moaning into his warm mouth. I allowed his tongue entrance, forcing my own to mingle with his. He tasted almost sweet. With a tilt of his mouth he took my bottom lip between his teeth, nipping lightly and causing an abrupt shiver on my part. Small kisses trailed down from my jaw line to my collarbone, dipping in and out before his tongue flickered over my nipple. This was too much, too fast. My innocence was slipping away and I could do nothing about it.

Torn between panic and lust myself, I squirmed in response. Suddenly, before I could even regain my thoughts, a second tongue was lapping generously at my other breast. I could feel him grin as he teased me with his teeth. He groped me, and the sensation between that, his mouth, and the tongue on his hand was unbearable. I moaned louder than I should have and as much as it creeped me out, I couldn’t help but feel stupid for not thinking of this sooner. “Deidara-kun!” I called out, my back arching higher as his movements became more and more steady. He released his own mouth and licked between my breasts, grinning madly.

“You’re being too quiet, obviously I’m not doing my job.” He replied smugly, releasing my pained arm and bringing that hand down to my raging core. He slid my underwear off and the second the tongue on his palm pressed itself against my clitoris I was writhing in his grip. He laughed quietly, happy with my obvious reaction. His muscles twitched through the fishnet shirt he wore, his Akatsuki cloak sometime making it’s way to the floor somewhere in-between all this chaos. He was getting impatient so it seemed. My hand flew to his hair, needing something to grip onto to control the built up frustration that was threatening to leak out, I reached my limit when he pressed two fingers into me still allowing his palm to lick away the wet pleasure down below. I shot up, my face a mixture between pain and absolute pleasure. “More, hm?” When I opened my eyes I was matched with his own daring orbs. That smirk I almost missed seeing plastered on his gentle features.

“Please.” He barely heard me whisper it out. He moved his hand that was at my breast and forced it against my shoulder, forcing me back against the bed so hard I cried out in pain when I made contact. Obviously, he wasn’t feeling too gracious at the moment. I couldn’t even tell him to wait before he pressed his now exposed length against my opening. Wide eyes and scared, he took no mercy on me as he stole my innocence away.

I screamed, I couldn’t help it. The pain was almost unbearable. I thought two fingers hurt, well, how stupid I had been. My eyes shut in pain, trying to block out the headache that was forming. In a swift movement I felt his fingers run the length of my arm, sweeping up the blood that was starting to gush through. He wiped the red on my chest right between my breasts, staring down at me almost mockingly. And he went faster, “say it!” He growled deeply.

“I-I love you!” I choked out, the pain still riding me brutally. He flashed a grin at me and wrapped his arm around my neck, pinning my face between his shoulder and neck and pressing harder into me. I was sweetly numb.

The pain rolled into pleasure as his hips rounded on mine roughly, in and out like a wheel spinning round, it was dizzying. The coiling tension wound up in the pit of my lower stomach was reeling, he moaned as I tightened around him about to reach my end. Immobile fingers grasped at the bed sheets in a fit of heated passion, and through clenched teeth I growled. This was unknown territory for me, at first I believed I would pass out right in the middle of it, but I didn’t. My breathing was rapid and coming out in short gasps, like I was suffocating. But the sensation was all too unreal to get a hold on my manners.

Art is an explosion, right?

My mind was reeling and with one last cry out I fell against the bed short of breath and covered in a shimmer of sweat. A second after he moaned loudly into my neck, strands of blonde hair sticking to my skin and the rush below filled me to the brim. He rolled off to the side of me, panting for breath. “Are you alright, hm?” And then it occurred to me that maybe it wasn’t just the sex that had made me dizzy. The sheets made an awful kind of squishy sound as I moved my arm, with one glance over I noticed my bandages were completely soaked and on the bed marked a blooming red stain. The stitches had come off, no thanks to Deidara. When I didn’t answer he looked over at me and once he saw the blood his face went colorless. “You’re arm…was that me?” Soon my adrenaline would wear off and the pain would hit me twice as hard. I wasn’t looking forward to having Deidara stitch it back up again, especially with the wound being raw and torn as it was. I turned back towards him with wide eyes, my mouth moving in inaudible words.

“I think I need a bath.” I managed. He nodded, scrambling up and throwing his clothes back on carelessly.

“I’ll start the water.” It hadn’t occurred to me that our room had no bathroom. The bathing area was located in the hall, two doors down from Deidara’s room and across the way from Sasori’s room. The pipes clattered as the water rushed through them and the sound reverberated off the walls noisily. You couldn’t leave your room without the whole place knowing it seemed. When Deidara came back into the room I felt inches away from oblivion. My head lolled back lazily and my eyes were so close to shutting he had to pat my face to keep me aware. “Dammit! This wasn’t how it was supposed to be. Hm, I’m so sorry Nezumi…” He shook his head, seemingly ashamed at what he had done and how he had acted. True it wasn’t like him and the fact that he noticed it wasn’t was a start. He held me bridal style, walking down the hall cradling my naked body with ease. I probably would have cared about my lack of clothes more if I wasn’t half asleep already. The bathroom was small, clean but definitely over crowded with just the two of us in here. He stripped my dirty bandages and kissed my forehead sweetly. “This is going to hurt.” Water flushed out my leg wound and arm wound, hotter than it should have been it was a wake up call I could have done without. Blood streamed from my wounds like smoke in the water, floating around me. with the adrenaline gone, this pain brought on forth a whole new hell.

He didn’t blame me for crying. His hand soothing brushed back my hair, cupping his hand and pouring water down my back. Each time he did I shuddered. My body was painted with bruises, from one thing or another, whatever it was it had marred me ugly. I felt not only ashamed but embarrassed to have him see me like this. “I’m sorry I’m so useless.” I muttered as his hand took a wet lock of hair and placed it behind my ear.

“What are you talking about? You’re not useless, hm.” He reached behind me and pulled out the cord to the drain, needing to refill the water already. The water was comforting as it flooded between my legs, making it’s way higher.

“I don’t do anything.”

“That’s not how I see it.” I closed my mouth, tears dripping from my lowered head onto my folded knees. “You saved me time and time again, and you can’t even see it, hm! It’s a shame.” Again he cupped his hand and poured the hot water over my shoulders. It took him a while to scrub me down, gently as he could he washed every inch of me not once saying anything. It was comforting to feel like someone cared his much. No protesting, in fact, he seemed almost happy to be doing it. To be wasting his time bathing me. “When we’re done, we have to stitch back up your arm and leg, hm.” He helped me out of the bath, water dripping down his chest as he held me close while he looked for a towel. I almost told him I could stand by myself but truthfully, I didn’t want him to let me go so I stayed silent. He found a grey towel and wrapped it around my body then picked me up again to head towards the room. Setting me on the bed he told me he would be right back and from the open doorway I watched him walk towards Sasori’s room, knocking on the door loudly.

“Do you have any medicine?” Deidara asked quietly, trying not to look at the red haired boy in front of him.

“I’ve got no use for medicine, go find someone else.” He tried to close the door but Deidara held it firmly open with his hand. Daringly, Sasori narrowed his eyes at the blonde shinobi, giving in and opening the door.

“Look, I’ve got that girl in there with wounds sitting wide open. They need to be cleaned and stitched back up and I’ve got nothing to use on her. She-”

“-is your burden, not mine.” Sasori cut in, glancing in the room. We made eye contact but I quickly looked away to make it seem like I wasn’t listening in. “She’s going to die regardless she’s healed or not. You’ve got other priorities now.” Another person walked forward, their face hidden from view but whoever it was had caught Deidara and Sasori’s attention at the same time.

“Where is she?” The cool voice said and immediately I recognized the voice as the black haired man. Deidara narrowed his eyes at the person and shifted away, looking back into the room at me. Itachi stepped in and stood in front of me, he held his hand out and looked at me almost expectantly. My arm, he wanted to see the wound. Painfully so, I put my wrist in his hand and casually he looked at it before dropping my wrist and turning his attention to my leg. He regained his composer and nodded. “Come with me.” Having to follow him out of the room I was considerably slower than he was and he wasted no time in trying to wait for me. Deidara went to my side instantly and followed Itachi with an angry look on his face. He didn’t like him at all. Itachi shrugged out of his robe and set it on a chair, telling me to sit and keep quiet as he looked through a cabinet filled with various medical items. This must be his room, I thought as I looked around. It was dark as our was with the only lighting coming from a bedside lamp that cast an almost blue light around the room. The bed was small but looked considerably better than ours did. Itachi sat across from me and took my arm from where I was sitting. His skin was cool and soft, slender fingers went to work immediately. He took a swab covered in alcohol and brushed it along the skin by the wound, cleaning away any bacteria. I didn’t know him but regardless, I didn’t want to show them that I was as weak as they thought so I bit my tongue back as the stinging started. He then took a curved needle and thread and began to stitch up the wound. He seemed a natural at this, unlike Deidara who was in a panic at the time, it was nearly painless and by the time he finished bandaging up my arm I was feeling better already. The leg took no time at all, he cleaned the wound and bandaged it quickly, turning his face towards Deidara. “When was the last time she’s eaten?”

Deidara opened his mouth to retort but he stopped short when he realized he didn’t even remember. Come to think of it, neither could I. Understanding enough, he nodded and left me in the room to search for food. Leaving me alone with Itachi. “Thank you.” I muttered, not wanting to look at him. Instead Itachi cast me a subtle gaze and nodded.

“It was the least I could do.” When I asked what he meant he merely shook his head and stood up, shrugging on his robe. The ever evasive man walked over to his desk and shook loose a piece of paper, “I hope you can run fast.” He finally said and before I could consider asking him anything Deidara returned.

“It was the best I could find right now, hm.” He handed me some sort of bread and an apple, in his hand was a piece of yellow fabric that I recognized as the dress I arrived here in. “I washed it for you the other day while you slept. I couldn’t get all the bloodstains out, hm, but it’s better than nothing.”

“Ah, thank you Deidara-kun.” I smiled at him and tried to stand on my own. Itachi watched flatly as I stumbled forward and landed in Deidara’s always waiting arms. He shot a nasty glare at Itachi and took me from the room. With one last glance back I turned towards Itachi, he locked on to my eyes and I finally understood.

I didn’t have much time left here, that’s what he was trying to say. Even worse, he pitied me for it.

Once we were back in the room I dressed and ate quietly, the toll of everything wearing me down. All I wanted to do was sleep away the world, my fate, everything. “Will you rest with me?” I asked suddenly, breaking the silence. Deidara turned back towards me and delivered a soft smile at best.

“If you like, un.” After eating I scooted under the covers, careful of my arm. After not eating properly for so long I began to feel slightly sickly. Even when Deidara wrapped his arm around me I couldn’t sleep. It wasn’t until two hours later did I start to feel rather helpless. The soft sound of Deidara’s even breathing hit my neck and I turned around to face him rather than have my back to him. His face was calm, relaxed and in this dark lighting he looked like a child. Determined, thoughtful, worried. It was sweet and softly, I brushed my hand across his cheek. He looked exactly the same as he did the day I first saw him.

“Please, don’t make me leave without you.” I muttered to no one. He was a heavy sleeper when he was truly tired and this seemed to reassure me. “I can’t…” With a kiss on the forehead and I put my head under his chin against his chest. His heart beat steadily, gentle and strong. It was thanks to that noise was I able to sleep that night as much as I did.