Status: Active.

Bursting Red

Wounded.

Désolé, even if I scream I can't scream that loud...

Day two.

Kaa-san always told me that fate was a beautiful woman capable of amazing things beyond even what I could imagine. That every day she came down from the sky and sets her sights on one person and in turn, set their life into motion the way it was meant to go. It was a cycle. Sometimes sweet, sometimes vicious, but always right. During my childhood that aspect helped me push through the troubles that always seemed to find me. I had come to terms that I would never be a strong kunoichi. I had accepted the fact that my duty as a daughter was to serve willingly, even if that meant working at a second rate tea house for the rest of my life. I was all okay with it because I always felt that it was my destiny. And that just maybe, my life might get more interesting if I didn't complain so much.

Well how wrong did I turn out to be. To this day I was still some useless, dead weight child whose only hobby seemed to be self pity and regret. Granted, I had been pulled under into a whole new environment. One that involved maniacal, heartless killers and the black empty hole that was everlasting loneliness. But despite the drastic change in my world I was still nothing but a timid little mouse.

Like the children always said I was. I couldn't stand it anymore, I couldn't just allow myself to get trampled and used by these people. I was no ninja but I was determined not to die here. And I wouldn't. No more crying, no more regrets. From now on I was a wall, one no one could force their way through nor break down. I wasn't going to die like this, not here. "Your eyes, they weren't always so lifeless were they?" Itachi spoke, never once breaking his sights away from the staggering horizon.

"It's hard for you to understand I'm sure," I replied quietly, my eyes following a flock of birds that settled out of the tree lines. An explosion in the distance could be heard, the sky was grey and not too far away fell a line of lightening. "I was happy, in love. I was stupid, really. I never expected things to get this out of hand and now that they have, I've come to terms with my fate."

"Your death then?" A small smile graced my lips and I brought my head up towards the sky as a small droplet of water hit my cheek.

"Itachi-san, if I die it will only be because I died trying to get away. I don't plan on just standing there this time." This time he looked at me, his eyes a pool of black ink curious at my choice of words. "I believe that is my fate." He replied with a small 'hn' and turned his attention back to the forest. Itachi was easier to talk to, if that made sense. He gave the impression that whether he agreed with what you said or not, he didn't care either way. Earlier that morning Deidara had gotten called out to go train, after all word was he had an important mission coming up. Apparently, this training was no piece of cake at all. I worried for him which was why I followed him out of the room.

"Nezumi-kun, where do you think you're going, hm?"

"I'm coming with you, I don't really want to be here alone all day." Deidara gave me a flat look and then very abruptly shook his head.

"No you're not, un." Kisame and Itachi stood outside the door, waiting for Deidara to come along. I was the burden this time. I flashed my eyes to the two that were waiting and gave a pleading sort of look. Kisame shrugged and looked at his partner.

"I don't mind if she gets caught in the crossfire, might make things a little more interesting." He grinned and in response earned a rather sour look from Deidara. Itachi stayed quiet, still waiting.

"I'll sit somewhere away from you, I promise I won't get in the way." All three eyes were on me and I brought my head to face them, determined to not sound so weak. "You can't expect me to stay in here all day either way, can you?" Deidara sighed loudly, mumbling something rude under his breath before throwing his hands up in the air.

"Fine! But stay out of the way, yeah. I don't need you getting blown up too." And with that being said he cast a dry look at Kisame and walked past them. I followed quietly, relieved to get fresh air. Kisame offered his self up first. It was Deidara against Kisame, no rules and all out determination. I knew Deidara was powerful but I wasn't quite sure what this guy was capable of. For a second I felt I should have stayed in the room, this would have me worried sick. Itachi took stance by me as the battle began. And as Deidara and Kisame got farther away Itachi finally spoke to me.

Now we stood, waiting for Kisame and Deidara to come back and as we did the clouds rumbled and let loose a shower of rain. I held my hands up, feeling chilled as the rain hit my palms like small icy bullets through the shelter of the trees. "Are you still going to fight in the rain?" I asked finally, moving closer to the trunk of the tree where Itachi stood to avoid the rain.

"Battles don't stop because of bad weather, it's vital for him to learn in these conditions." Suddenly, from behind us came a loud yell and I turned to see who was screaming.

"Itachi-san! Itachi-san, it's raining!" My face fell and I raised an eyebrow, carefully looking over to Itachi. A man in black ran over to us, an orange mask hiding his face save for the small hole drilled where his eye should be. Itachi didn't reply but instead kept his posture tall and rigid. The man stopped short in front of us, stalling to stare at me. He tilted his head and pointed directly at me. "Oh what's this, does Tobi know you?" I hesitated and kept my back against the tree. At this rate, I didn't know what to expect from more of these people.

"I don't believe so." I replied, assuming he was speaking about himself. Instantly he clapped his hands together and waved them about excitedly.

"Ah, now Tobi remembers, you are Deidara-san's friend! Here, let Tobi teach you how to play." His gloved hand wrapped around my own and he dragged me out from under the shade of the trees, Itachi merely watched with minor interest as the rain fell hard against my hair, forcing bits and pieces to stick to my pale cheeks. Now it was freezing and judging by the way Tobi stopped moving about frantically he noticed as well as I did that I wasn't doing too well in the rain. "Itachi-san, the girl has a blue mouth, what is wrong with her?" His voice sounded worried and he looked at Itachi.

"She's cold and wet." He replied, his head snapped back to the trees and emerging from it came a water downed Deidara and a grinning Kisame.

"Rain feels nice, right?" Kisame laughed loudly, shaking his head at Deidara who stopped short to stare at me. I was violently shaking at this point and I looked up at him through my hair sadly. Save me, please I thought harshly. Tobi grabbed my arm and waved it about with his at the blonde shinobi.

"Deidara-san! Tobi is teaching her to play in the rain!" He was much too cheery for me right now, his black hair was matted down onto his orange mask apparently forgetting his worry for me already. Deidara's eye went wide before his face turned into an angry scowl.

"You idiot! She's going to catch a sickness standing in the rain like that, yeah?" He trudged over and snatched my hand away from the masked man and took me back to Itachi. Facing me, he held onto my shoulders. "You need to go back inside, it's freezing out here, hm. Please?" I glanced back at Tobi who stood in the rain with his head held low.

"You didn't have to be so mean to him, he wasn't trying to hurt me or anything." Deidara glared at me and let go of my shoulders, shrugging. Figuring it was my fault anyway.

"Fine, go get sick and when we find out we have no medicine you can deal with it, un." He turned his attention back to Itachi, "are we fighting, hm?" Deidara didn't like him enough as it was and the anxious feeling that was rolling off his shoulders was evidence enough that he wanted to fight him badly, hurt him even.

"Hn." In a flash Itachi was gone and Deidara cast me one last pleading look before disappearing in a haze himself. Kisame looked over at the still melancholy masked man and then at myself.

"You can stay if you want, but I'm going in. Tobi, come on." Kisame said, swinging the sword he held over his shoulder like it was nothing. I leaned against the tree with all intentions to wait until Deidara was finished until Tobi wrapped his hand around my wrist. I looked up in confusion at the water beaded mask and gave a small sort of frown.

"Deidara-san is right, you will get sick if you stay out here. Come with Tobi and Kisame-san!" There was no point in arguing, he wouldn't let me go. He had already started dragging me before I could answer. "What's your name?" He asked childishly, swinging my arm back and forth as we walked through the trees.

"Nezumi." I said lowly, he laughed to himself and swung my arm higher.

"Nezumi-chan, you can help Tobi make the tea!" As confused as I was to find someone like him in this organization, I accepted it gratefully. A friendly (if oblivious) face amongst the crowd of monsters they had here was something I was endlessly relieved to see. We came to the edge of the cliff and before I could say anything Tobi hopped off, still holding my hand. It must be a nice thing to be a ninja, Tobi landed lightly on the top of the water and I fell under fast, screaming as the ice cold water completely surrounded me. I popped my head up back to the water and gave a small pitiful look at Tobi. "Can Nezumi-chan not walk on water like Tobi?" He asked, staring down at me with a tilt of his head.

"No, I can't." I sweat dropped and looked away, obviously if I could I wouldn't be trying to drown myself. Tobi reached down and picked me up out of the water, slinging me over shoulder and whistled an easy song. This guy was something else. The wind blew against my already iced skin and I shivered roughly as I swung from side to side over Tobi's shoulder. I heard the boulder move away and we stepped into the main room.

"Tobi! What the hell is that?" My heart sank. It was the silver haired nin that spoke, the one that wanted to see my head on stick. I was redirected on my feet and Tobi waved happily at the duo that stood before us.

"It's Nezumi-chan! She can't walk on water so Tobi had to save her." He put a finger to his cheek and laughed, obviously very proud of this. Hidan gave me a rather cruel sneer and took a step forward. "Come Nezumi-chan, let's make tea." I lowered my eyes as Tobi grabbed my arm and pulled me past Hidan into what I assumed was the kitchen area. Hidan muttered something before turning on his heel to follow us. He leaned against the counter top as Tobi gladly pulled out the materials needed to make tea.

"So Nezumi, did you miss me at all?" He asked sarcastically, bringing those odd color eyes to probe my frightened face. "Because I missed you." He grinned and I quickly turned my attention back to Tobi, who was humming again and warming the water. "Hey, onna. I'm talking to you." His voice dropped suddenly, losing all hints of sly playfulness. He stepped forward and placed a hand on my shoulder, spinning me round so I would face him.

"Wh-what do you want?" I had to close my eyes, so much for being strong.

"I just want somebody to play with." He replied smartly, raising a silver eyebrow at me. I shook my head and turned back on my heel, trying to focus on the tea Tobi was still toying with. Hidan growled behind me, this time using a lot more force to turn me around, forcing me back against the counter roughly. I yelped slightly and Tobi turned towards us suddenly.

"Tobi, go get Deidara for me, please." I said quietly but urgently, casting my eyes at the masked man pleadingly. He stepped from foot to foot worriedly, not sure what to do.

"Hey Tobi, if you do I will gladly sacrifice you're pathetic heart to Jashin. Understand?" Hidan snarled, Tobi raised his hands and yelled, running out of the kitchen in fear of Hidan. There went my help. The silver haired Jashinist directed his attention back to me, "so now, where was I? Oh right, I was giving you a little payback for what Sasori did to me last time. Well, he's not here to save you now is he?" He sneered and forced my back into the counter even harder.

"I didn't do anything to you! So why are you doing this!" Yelling out as tears fell down my face, this was getting pathetic but I was out of ideas. Not that I had any to start with. For a slight second he mocked sympathy but figured he couldn't even pretend to do that so he just shook his head with a smile.

"Again with the fucking crying, don't you ever stop? You didn't need to do anything but neither did any of the other sacrifices, but that didn't stop me now did it?" My hand slipped back up on the counter and I groped desperately for anything. To my luck my fingers wrapped around the handle of the knife I saw sitting on the counter when we first entered, thank Kami. Hidan laughed suddenly, amused by his own twisted thoughts and the second he shut his eyes I whipped the knife in front of me.

And I shoved it deep within his chest.

His laughing stopped abruptly and he looked at me with a glaze over his eyes, mouth falling open slightly in empty words. Slowly he brought his hands up to the handle of the knife, glancing down and then looking up at me with a rather confused look in his eyes. I froze, unable to believe I had just stabbed a man-in the chest nonetheless. He stepped back three times muttering to himself before his head dropped. And before I could blink he snapped his head back up with a crawling smile on his face. "Nice try, you fucking bitch."

The knife left his chest with a wet sound and he flipped it over in his hands so that the blade was aimed at me. "But-but how?" I wanted to back up but I couldn't get any farther away than I was.

"Nobody told you?" He laughed slightly and gave the knife a nonchalant wave, "I can't die...but you can!" In a flash the knife was thrown at me intently aiming towards my frightened, weak little heart.

The blood spray hit my face before I could manage a scream.