Let Us Run And Don't Look Back

Chapter 4, That special girl

‘And if your heart stops beating, I’ll be here wandering: did you get what you deserve? The ending of your life. And if you get to heaven, I’ll be here waiting, babe.’
Music meant life to me. Well, almost. It saved me from my thoughts of being alone without Josh, and from the awful sounds downstairs. Because yes, even my parents fight. They sound so sweet when they’re talking about having another child, but in the meanwhile they can bite each others heads off.
And they don’t only use the Drop-Dead-Eyes. My mom has long nails which she uses to claw in my dad’s hair. I guess that’s the reason why he loses his hair that fast. – Yes, that was a joke. Haha. (Yay, I love being sarcastic.)
My father doesn’t really have a weapon; only his voice. If he gets mad, he screams so loud that you’ll walk around for two days with a beep in your ear. Even if you weren't that near. Hey, that rhymes.

I ate my breakfast and went upstairs again.
My room isn’t really messy, but my dad keeps yelling that I have to clean it up. Yeah, right.
I have a highsleeper in my bedroom, so I can throw all my stuff under it. Some sort of curtain to hide it... voila. I can be creative if I want to. But now I’m only talking about having idea’s. To carry them out is another story.
I brushed my hair and looked outside the window. It didn’t seem to be very cold. Good weather to go skateboarding.
I changed my baggy pants for tight jeans, put on my gympies and went outside to the barn to grab my skateboard. My fingerless gloves was lying next to it, so I put them on and thought ‘Let’s get out of here!’
I ran out of the garden with my board in my hand, and when I was away from my street, I rode as fast as I could to the skatepark.

*Shizuka’s pov*
‘Hey, look, it’s her again,’ one of the boys said, pointing at this girl.
‘Yeah, the Goth. Goths don’t skate, you know.’
‘Oh, c’mon guys, don’t be like that! Be nice. Everybody can skate.’
‘Not true. And I don’t like Gothics. They’re depressed,’ the loser of the group interrupted me. Just a fact: nobody likes him.
‘That’s just some stupid preconception. Have you ever met one?’ I looked at him, didn’t wait for answer and continued. ‘That’s what I thought. So don’t say that. I guess she doesn’t have friends, ‘cause she’s always alone.
Just pretend to be nice. And if you don’t like her after all, just shut up. I’m going to talk to her.’

*Misery’s pov*
With every step, I felt six pair of eyes stabbing my back. I tried to ignore it, but mentally I wasn’t strong enough. I wasn’t secure enough.
I climbed up the halfpipe, prepared myself, and flew down.
I knew everyone was looking at me, just to see if I was good. I felt really stupid, but I wanted to prove myself and show that I could skateboard. It’s not that complicated after all.
I did some tricks and that surprised them. I saw the bloke with the D&G hoodie whispering at the girl. She pushed him away and ignored him.
I stopped making speed and rolled slowly off the half pipe. The guys just stared at me and the girl began a conversation.
‘Those were some nice little tricks you did,’ she smiled.
‘Thanks,’ I murmbled shy.
‘Are you new here?’
‘Not really. I’ve lived here all my life. I just never came to this skatepark.’
‘Oh, okay. What’s your name?’
‘It’s Misery,’ I whispered. This girl, she had something... She was really pretty. Her hair was dyed platinum blonde with brown hair extensions. She had bright blue eyes, red lipstick and six piercings. Four in her ears, one in the lip, and when she laughs, you can see the one in her tongue. She wore a tight black band t-shirt that said, "My Chemical Romance" on it, grey skinny jeans, and All-Star shoes. The stereotype Emo girl.
‘Wow, cool name! Mine’s Japanese. It's Shizuka.’
♠ ♠ ♠
It's long, I know =D
I hope you'll try to read it ^_^
And, of course, comment comment comment =DD. My cookies are still untouched, waiting for you... :(