Status: Working on it ;]

Don't Ever Meddle... With Emily's Heart.

First Encounter.

I stretched my blue tight covered legs once I escaped the clammy heat of the bus. The journey was not so bad, even though I didn’t know yet where I was heading. I decided to head into the town, grab something to eat then start the search. It wasn’t busy like it usually was which was slightly odd.

My cell vibrated violently in my shorts’ pocket. I whisked it out and placed it against my ear.

“Yo?” I called out.

“Emily, it’s me. Mom.”

I grunted silently, already she was checking up on me. “And…?”

“I just remembered something - your dad lives in Huntington.”

I cocked my eyebrow as I looked at my very tasty looking pancake that was placed in front of me. “Huntington?” I questioned. Wondering why she had not taken me to see him before, as Huntington was only a bus ride away. The other end of the phone was silent; not even the breathing of my mother could be heard - signalling that she had hung up on me.

Without further interruptions, I bit wildly into my pancake, the syrup running slightly down my chin. I wiped it carelessly with my sleeve. Once I finished, I headed out to catch another bus. This was going to be a shorter journey than I expected. I breathed nervously. What if he didn’t want anything to do with me? What if he slammed the door in my face? What if…

“H-Huntington Beach please.” I handed the driver my fair and sat quietly alone in a seat at the back of the wobbly bus. Older people around me were chatting; little children were crying and making unnecessary noise and teenagers yelled over to one another. The backs of the seats around me we covered in bubblegum and the ceilings covered in graffiti. I pulled a face in disgust; nobody seemed to have respect for anything these days.

I attempted to make a picture in my head of what this Johnny person could look like. I imagined short but a little taller than me, brown hair, hazel eyes, perhaps some stubble, just your average person. ‘I wonder what his job is… Probably something boring like a waiter,’ I thought. I made an agreement with my mind and myself to stop thinking; I would only be disappointed.

Stretching my legs for a second time, I was out in the open air of Huntington Beach. The sea air smelt fresh and made my nostrils tingle slightly. People ran around in their swimsuits, which made me feel overly dressed even though I was only wearing a Guns ‘N’ Roses t-shirt, shorts, tights and my favourite high top converse. The atmosphere here was so different from back home. People here actually seemed happy.

I thought the best idea would be to ask a few people about a Mr. Johnny Seward and see if they knew anything about him. Where he lived or whatever. Anything.

“You mean Johnny Christ?” one girl laughed.

“No, I don’t think I do…” I replied bewildered. Who was this Johnny Christ person?

“The bassist of A-” she started then paused to turn to her friends. “I don’t think she even knows who they are…” she loudly whispered to them.

KNOW WHO? I screamed inside. Why was everyone acting so ecstatic when I mention him? He could not be that well known surely. I muttered to myself then continued walking, quickly realising that these girls were going to be of no help to me in the slightest.

“Excuse me?” I heard a voice behind me call. I turned around sharply to face a woman with blond hair that was tied neatly in a ponytail.

“Yes?”

“I hope you don’t mind, sweetie but I over-heard your conversation with those girls. I’m Val, by the way.” She reached out her hand, gesturing a welcoming handshake.

“Oh, right. Okay, do you know where I could find him? I’m Emily.”

“Another crazy fan?” she laughed.

I raised an eyebrow and glanced at her. “Fan?”

“Well I take that as a no, haha!” she retorted.

What the hell was with these people and not telling me where my god damn father lived?

“Are you going to help me find my d-… Uhm… Or not?”

She pointed in the opposite direction then turned back to me. “Follow the road, first on the left.”

“Thanks.” I nodded politely and headed off. Once again.

The garden wasn’t as I expected. A swimming pool, clean-cut grass, it was practically perfect. The house on the other hand wasn’t too big nor too small. The pathway was an inviting yellow and red ‘stepping stone’ effect. I walked shyly to the door and knocked harder than I ever had before.

A tall thin man with blacker than black hair answered the door. “Hey!” he greeted.

“Hello… I’m Emily, and I’m looking for my father,” I stated, biting down on my lip. I was already begin to think this was a mistake as the tall man stared at me with his blue eyes. Eyes like closed windows; I couldn’t see into his thoughts. Fuck, he was probably thinking who I was.

“Lemon knee, I don’t think you’ve come to the right place,” he replied, slightly laughing. “I love your shirt though!” he added.

“My name’s Emily… So… Do you know where I can find a… Mr. Johnny Seward?” I asked.

“LITTLE SHIT! THERE’S SOMEONE HERE TO SEE YOU!” he yelled, tilting his head back.

“Is it a chick?” I heard a mumble call back.

“NO. WELL YEAH. NO. ’S SOME KID. HURRY YOUR FUCKING SHORT ASS HERE. NOW!”

I laughed, this dude seemed rather crazy. As I waited for the ‘Little Shit’ to arrive at the door, I studied the man in front of me. His arms were covered in tattoos, his eyes piercing; he was tall but well built. In addition, I appeared to only reach to his shoulders.

“JOHNNY! DO YOU WANT ME TO KUNG FU YOUR ASS? THE KID’S WAITIN‘!” the man yelled out again. “Sorry about this, by the way I‘m Jimmy. So are you a fan?” he added.

“Well pleased to meet ya Jimmy. A fan?” I asked for the second time today. A fan of whom?

Jimmy bit on his bottom lip. “Of Avenged Sevenfold, dude.”

I looked at him vacantly. I really had no idea what he was talking about. I’ve heard of Avenged Sevenfold but not actually heard them. If you asked me to write a book about them I’d have no clue what to write except the band name.

“No. Mr. Seward’s my father.”

“Father?” Jimmy cocked his eyebrow and glared at me as if I was completely fucking mental. “SHORT SHIT, YOU HAVE A DAUGHTER?” he called out to the man named ‘Short Shit’ who still had not arrived at the door. Suddenly once hearing that, he appeared.

He was shorter than I expected. His eyes a glassy hazel color. His hair blonde and black. He wore a ring in his left nostril and like Jimmy, wore many tattoos over his arms. This was my father?!

“I do?”
♠ ♠ ♠
12 Subscribers? Wow, thanks (: