Status: Working on it ;]

Don't Ever Meddle... With Emily's Heart.

Let Me Stay, Mom!

I really do not want to go back to my mom. Now that I have seen how great my dad is - so laid back and enjoys a laugh - I want to stay here. Maybe not forever but for a bit anyway.

“Dad, is it okay if I stay the night here?” I asked, smiling.

He sighed. “Don’t you think you should ask your mother first?”

Hey Mom! I found him! Is it okay if I stay the night?’ I sent. I sat impatiently waiting for a reply. I knew what she would say back but somewhere in the back of my mind, I hoped that she would say yes.

I don’t know, Emily. You don’t know him. Is that a good idea?’ I knew it. She doesn’t trust me with anything. I am surprised she even let me out the door to come and find him in the first place. In addition, why doesn’t she trust me with the man that she once loved? Regardless of whether I know him or not. That is the whole point in staying - to get to know him.

“She said yes!” I told him. I was clearly lying through my teeth but I hoped he would buy it. There could not be much wrong with that, could there? I was only trying to get to know him more.

“Great then. There is just one thing, though. Do you mind sleeping on the sofa?” he smiled weakly. I thought about it for a split second and I concluded that I did not care. I grinned from ear to ear - this was going to be the best ever. “Perhaps if -it’s okay with your mother, that is- she’ll let you stay here for awhile longer,” he began. “I’d love to get to know my daughter.”

His words made me jump for joy inside. He wanted to know me. Being sixteen, my mother could not stop me if I wanted to stay here. I am an adult, I can choose.

“Great! You can stay here when I’m not on tour.”

Not on tour? My heart sank a little - that is going to be a lot of the time. His band means so much to him and I respect that, but I could easily tag along with them instead of going back to my mom - I would not get in the way or anything. Here I could start a new life and be anyone I wanted to. Back home, I was Emily the strange kid. I did not want to be that anymore.

“Couldn’t I… come along for some dates?” I suggested.

He placed his hands on his hips and looked at me straight in the eyes. “WELL OF COURSE!” my father finally spoke, wiggling his hips and grinning.

My cell vibrated out of control in my pocket once again. “Hello?”

“Hey, Emily, where the hell are you? I thought you were meeting us at the mall today…” my so-called best friend’s voice asked.

“I told you already, Brianna, I went looking for my dad,” I replied, angry that she did not even remember that.

“And, did you find him?”

I watched Johnny still stare at me, as if he was saying ‘tell her no. tell her no!’

“No.”

“Probably for the best! He’s probably some ugly shit without a job.”

Just then, I was going to say, ‘No. He’s a fucking rockstar, bitch!’ but I kept my cool and agreed with her. It is what she likes best. Also, I did not want her ruining the fun I was having here by having a stupid agrument on the phone with me. Minutes later, I hung up still trying to hold a smile on my face.

“Who was that?” Johnny asked.

“Just some girl I know, she was asking if I f- Oh never mind…”

I walked swiftly back into the living room and sat myself down next to Brian. The guys’ voices echoed in the room, which made the walls and the floor slightly, shake with vibrations.

I was not really paying full attention to what the guys were saying or doing, until suddenly out of nowhere, Jimmy ran over the table and jumped on the sofa opposite me. I giggled at his craziness then went back into a daydream.

‘Maybe I could transfer schools!’ I thought. Now, that would be a great idea.

“Emily, what to do you want to eat?” my father asked, standing in the doorway of the kitchen. He looked so different from when he answered the door only 6 hours ago; he looked and acted like a dad. My dad.

“PIZZA!” Jimmy yelled.

“Jimmy, since when have you been called Emily?” Zacky piped up, looking smartly over the top of his magazine. I shrugged.

“I’m not hungry… By the way, when can I hear some of this music you guys play?” I asked intrigued. Truth was, as soon as I got in the door I wanted to hear some of it.

“After you eat, so what do ya’ want?” Johnny quickly replied.

I shrugged again. Pizza was the first thing that came out of my mouth. I don’t even like pizza!

“Pizza it is then!”

“That’s what I said!” Jimmy stated.

My father brushed him off and disappeared into the kitchen.

Zacky looked up from his magazine and laughed in a high-pitched tone. “I can’t believe he’s acting so… Like that! I didn’t know the short shit could do it. Really didn’t.” The other guys laughed in response to this statement.

“Yeah, kid, when you came in I seriously thought ‘fuck, she’s doomed’ Haha!” Matt said, adding into the conversation.

Surely he isn’t that bad?
♠ ♠ ♠
More soon (:
I hope you're all enjoying it so far.

Note: Thanks to all the subscribers and the ones that have commented. Much appreciated!