Status: Slow Active, But Definitely Active.

Clearly

Chapter Six.

My knuckles turned white as I gripped the steering wheel, driving home as quickly as possible without breaking the speed limit. I really have no desire to get a ticket.

Today has been way different then I expected. I didn't think I'd be working for someone as calm as Mel. I didn't think I'd be working with someone as loose and disrespectful as Marcie. I didn't think I'd be working with someone assexy and mysterious interesting as Pierce.

Pierce... the name rolls of my tongue so easily, a name belonging to someone who knows how to hold their head high and stay calm under the pressure's that present day society throw onto people, especially those in the rich community. The way he holds himself says that he demands respect, but he's not an ignorant, pig-headed fool like one would think. He seems different, and he's not too bad on the eyes.

I shook my head, erasing the last thought from my mind as I pulled into my driveway, parking my car and walking to my house as calmly as possible, although I was slightly frantic inside. I walked inside, noting how it was already dark out. I'll be spending a lot of late night's with the Gordon's it seems.

I gently placed my photography bag on my desk, not bothering to unpack everything out of exhaustion, as well as my mind being occupied with more worrisome thoughts at the moment. Besides, the equipment will be safe overnight, it can't grow legs and run away.

I walked to my book shelf, moving it aside slowly and quickly sliding it back into place behind me. I kicked my shoes off in the entryway of the half of my house that I used as living quarters, letting them topple over each other before coming to a halt under my coat rack.

My feet were on autopilot as the guided me to my bedroom, my arms automatically stripping the clothing off of my body without giving it a thought. A trail of discarded clothing was accumulation throughout my apartment, starting at the door and making its way through my bedroom to the attached bathroom, finally ending with my discarded boxers on the rug of my bathroom.

Hot water spilled from the shower as I turned it on, quickly stepping in and leaning against the wall as the water began to pelt me, hoping that it could wash away all of my worries of today.

I'm no longer worried about my prospective client. I have the job officially and I was right, it pays well. No, its level of pay is ludicrous. I don't deserve it, but Mel insisted, and it's quite obvious that what Mel wants, Mel gets. I can't complain because of how well it pays, but as much as I understand why they want to pay me so much to keep their lives secret, I'm slightly offended that they'd feel that they needed to pay me off. To me, it says that they're worried about how professional I am. I know it's because of their past, but even though I'm still a teenager that will be turning twenty soon, I'd like to think I am a professional.

I'm not really worried about how my clients would treat me. It's obvious that Mel is a nice woman and she's the one I need to act for. I go to her for my pay and for her opinions. If Marcie gives me any trouble, she'd quickly get it taken care of. Marcie makes me uneasy, but I feel like Mel balances everything out. Yeah... Mel... I feel like she's going to be saving me quite often in the upcoming months.

I grumbled as I lathered my hair up with shampoo, standing under the hot water and allowing it to wash the bubbles out of my dark locks, turning the skin on my body a rosy shade of red at the same time. I continued to stand under the water, eyes closed and body stiff, wishing for it to relax me, but my wishes never come true these days.

With a sigh, I turned the knob for the hot water, abruptly ending the barrage of water. I loosely wrapped a white towel around my waist as I ambled through my apartment, collection the carelessly discarded trail of clothing and stuffing it all into the laundry bin I keep in the linen closet.

I walked into my room and closed the drapes so that I could sleep in peace and darkness as I dried myself off with the towel that I had tied around my waist. The softness of the towel never ceases to amaze me, but I think I stole it from my mom's house before I moved out. I quickly pulled on a pair of boxers and a loose pair of blue plaid pajama paints that fell loosely on my hips, the back slipping to the middle of my bum, but hey, they were comfortable and it's not like someone is going to see me.

My body melted into the blankets as I crawled into bed, allowing the warmth to surround me. My eyes were trained on the white ceiling above me, easily allowing my thoughts to drift everywhere and everywhere. It's next to impossible to fall asleep when your mind is racing.

Sure, most of my worries have been erased today, but it's like that doesn't even matter since everything was replaced with an even bigger worry. I have two rules for my business. The first rule is that I would never violate a customer's privacy. It's wrong of me to do so and it's one of the least professional things one is capable of doing in a working environment. The second rule is that I would never get involved with a client. It could get in the way of my job and it is a reasonable possibility that one would try to use me, though I would think I'm not stupid enough to allow myself to slip into a situation like that.

Pierce... confuses me. Sure, I've only known the man for a day, but I feel as if an enormous bolt of attraction shot through my body the first time I laid eyes on him. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I've fallen for him, though I can honestly admit that I'm pretty crazy about his beautiful body. That body is just god-like, something so beautiful that I feel like my photographs couldn't even capture half of its beauty, but what about the man that the body belongs to? It makes me want to learn about his personality, his life, his ideals and morals. It makes me want to unlock the mystery that is Pierce Gordon.

This entire situation is messed up, though. I may not be working for Pierce directly, but I'm working for his family, and that includes him. I just... I can't even think about getting involved with someone and I know that if I admire someone from afar long enough, I could easily become hooked. Call me a hopeless romantic, but I have no shame in the way I am.

The idea of breaking the rules that I've worked by for so long scares me. I've never been faced with an opportunity that's made me want to break them, but then handsome Pierce has to suddenly come sauntering to my life in a dripping wet towel and everything is slowly spiraling downward. I mean... it's just physical attraction, but that's enough to provoke some people.

This little realization could be enough to ruin me. I could be going soft, not being able to trust myself in the presence of other clients. I could learn that my professional life and social life aren't two different things and stick them together, completely ruining the little reputation I have built up thus far. This one little situation could end up ruining everything if I let it get out of hand. It's just too much.

I groaned as I threw my head back against the pillows, begging sleep to overtake me so that I could stop worrying for a bit, thanking God when it did.

Why does everything have to be so confusing?
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh oh, Dalton's getting really worried because he finds Pierce attractive! xD Attraction leads to some pretty crazy things!

So, I've decided that this story will not be taken down, but it would be sort of slow active. I'm sure the motivation will build up as the story progresses. :]

So, what do you all think?

Comment&Subscribe

<3