Sequel: Endlessly

The Square Root

Bust Me Out, Bro!

“Seriously Gabriel, don’t scare me,” I said seriously.

“You know,” he whispered tracing a line from my temple to my lips. “You’re a pretty girl,” he added looking into my eyes. “You should’ve listened to Mr. Pretty Boy Dolciano,” he said forcing his lips onto mine. I attempted to kick him off, but he pinned me down even more. I bit his lip until he pulled away and took that time to scream.

“Shut the fuck up bitch,” he growled and gripped onto my jaw tightly and immediately knew that it was going to bruise.

“Get the fuck away from me,” I yelled pushing him off and kicking him where the sun doesn’t shine. He yelled out a shriek, hunching over in pain. I made a run for it, and thank goodness for my 7 minute miles, I went pretty fast. I looked back and met head-on into somebody.

“Hazelyn?” the voice asked.

“Ryan?” I asked looking up, and rubbing my shoulder to console it from the pain from colliding into him.

“What happened? I was taking a walk and heard a scream,” he asked, then holding out a hand to help me stand up. I just stood there, looking at the ground. “Haze? You okay?” he asked again. I looked up and hugged him. “Shhh, don’t cry. He didn’t try anything, did he?”, he asked. I’m crying? “He did?!” he growled. “Oh fuck no” he said lightly pushing me away. “Are you okay?” he asked, holding my face and he touched the spot where Gabriel gripped my jaw making me flinch. “Did I hurt you?” he asked me, and took a closer at my face and the spot was probably already turning blue. v“Where the fuck is he?!”

“N..no, let’s just go back,” I said pulling him towards the mansion, panting because of my recent sprint, and weak because of the nerves that just got to me. I was about to get raped. I think I just got that.

“You sure? Because I’d sure want to fuck him up right now,” he growled. What’s up with his sudden change of attitude? I brushed it off, at least he’s not saying ‘I told you so’. I nodded. He put his arms around me and led me back to the house, through the backyard.

“Oh my god! What did you do Dolciani?!” Alexa asked, glaring at Ryan.

“I didn’t do anything for your information,” he growled. “Have you seen Jason?” he asked her.

“He’s inside, what happened Hazelyn?” she asked, checking for damages. I was leaning on Ryan, as of now. If it wasn't for his strong grip, I would’ve been flat on my ass already.

“Tell Jason to take my car home. Tell him to take Stephanie, Tash and you with him too. I’ll take Hazelyn home,” he said throwing a set of keys towards her, which she caught and ran off inside. Right now, I was too bothered to be confused.

We walked around the house, towards the parking lot, and Ryan asked for my keys, and I handed it to him. He got me inside, and he walked around towards the driver’s seat and drove off, calling somebody, and all he said was: “Get your brother back to juvie, he tried to rape Hazelyn,” and hung up. Who’s brother is he?

I lost consciousness the moment I hit my seat.

~~~Ryan POV~~~(;] seeing things in Ryan’s eyes xD)

Shit. Hazelyn just passed out. How the hell am I supposed to get her home? I looked around the car and saw the navigator. I quickly looked for the ‘home’ button, and thankfully, it lead to a decent sized house and with no lights. Did she live alone?

I quickly unbuckled my seatbelt and opened the door with the only other key besides her car key on her keychain. I carefully carried her into the house, and up the stairs, opening each door, and looking for the one that looked most used. And, that was easy, since most of the rooms looked untouched, as if nobody lived there.

I took her shoes and jacket off, and pulled the covers on top of her. She adjusted to make herself comfortable.

I was pissed, I was beyond pissed. I was gonna get somebody killed tonight. I don’t know why I suddenly care so much for Hazelyn, but as of now, I don’t really care. I wanted that bastard killed.

I turned off the lights to her room, taking one last glance at her, then making my way down the stairs to make a phone call.

I dialed a familiar phone number. Jason picked up after the first ring. “Where are you Ryan?!” Was the first thing he asked.

“Did you take Tash home?” I asked, talking about the girl that I brought to the party. Why I took her? I have no idea, I just felt like it would piss Hazelyn off.

“Stephanie did. What happened?” he asked.

“Tell the police to patrol an address I’ll text you. I’m at Hazelyn’s house. I’m going to find and kill that bastard, he tried to rape her.”

“Dude, he’s out?”

“He’s out,” I confirmed. “Tell Stephanie to stay home tonight,” I said.

“Okay, I’ll get on it,” he said and hung up. I texted him the address of the house, and called Kyle again.

“Dude, I really didn’t know he got out already,” Kyle told me.

“Are you serious? That guy has some mental issues. He just got out, and wants to go back again?” I scoffed.

“I already called the cops though,” he said.

“Turning on your own brother, I see,” I smirked.

“Not funny dude,” he mumbled. “I’m not the one that was all over the place panicking because of Hazelyn.”

“Shut up.”

“Are you starting to like her?” he asked me seriously.

“Are you?” I asked back.

“If you like her I’ll fuck off man,” he said seriously.

Did I want him to?

“No bro,” I said, having a weird feeling in my gut.

“You sure? Because she’s an amazing girl and I really wanna get to know her,” he said to me.

“Go right ahead bro,” I told him, getting a feeling that I’d regret that later on.

I just hung out at Hazelyn’s place all night, constantly checking on her every hour. And all night, nobody else came home. All night, I kept in contact with the police for updates about Gabriel. I knew I should’ve done something and shouldn’t have let her go off with that bastard. I want him dead. I grinded my teeth to that. I eventually fell asleep watching one of their movies on their TV at around 5am.

I woke up at around 6am, an alarm to go check on Hazelyn, which was shortly followed with a phone call from the police, saying that Gabriel was trying to get to the house but spotted them, so he got away. They were now on the hunt down. I groaned. I’m gonna have to guard this girl 24/7. I got up to go check on Hazelyn and saw she was still sound asleep. The sky was still dim, so I closed the blinds so if the sun rose, she wouldn’t wake.

I checked my messages, and there were a few from my friends, and I only opened the one from Kyle, telling him that they haven’t gotten his brother yet. Even if he did get through patrols-which I highly doubt- it wouldn’t change a thing. He still wouldn’t have gotten to Hazelyn. At least not until he got through me.

I called my brother to bring me over clothes, since I really didn’t like being in the same clothes for more than 12 hours. It makes me feel filthy. I know right? Yeah Right, you’re a guy. But hey, I have my sanitary demands.

I went through her cupboards, and looking for food to make. I grabbed the oatmeal and some ingredients for pancakes. I know what you’re thinking, “YOU COOK?!” why yes I do indeed. I’m just very lazy. I then made the oatmeal, setting it on the table and as for the chocolate chip pancakes. I’d say that’s my specialty. I started cleaning up, when I heard footsteps come down the stairs.

“Nate?” I heard Hazelyn call out, walking into the kitchen. “What are you doing here?” she then asked, hands on her hips. I couldn’t really pay attention to what she was saying because of her outfit. Consisting of blue shorts, a dark blue tank with a blue flannel shirt that was unbuttoned. Who’s flannel is that? Looks like a guy’s. Why would I care?

“Do you not remember last night?” I asked her. Her expression almost made me laugh. “Not like that,” I told her. “Party? Gabriel? Ring a bell?”

“Oh..” she said dumbly with a cute eyeroll.

“Well, I cooked,” I said motioning to the table.

She looked at it, then at me, her gaze softening. “Thanks,” she mumbled. Then glared at me, “I still hate you, you know?”

I glared back. “I still hate you too, now eat,” I smiled, sitting her down on the table.

“You made these?” she scoffed. I nodded. She gave me another glare. “What did you put in them?” she asked. I rolled my eyes.

“Just eat it,” I told her.

I know Hazelyn and I will go back to hating each other tomorrow, hell maybe tonight, but as of now, we’re friends, and I might as well enjoy it.

~~Hazelyn POV~~

I woke up the next morning, not remembering how I got home. I was so confused. My blinds were closed, blocking the rays of the sun, preventing me from waking up. I got out of bed and stretched, and saw that my jacket and shoes were on the foot of my bed. I was really confused.

I combed my hair and put it into a ponytail, then got into some shorts, a tank top, and put a flannel over it, one that I stole from Tristan’s closet a few months ago, when I visited them. I left my room, closing the door behind me, and heard the water in the kitchen running, and banging of pans against pans.

“Nate?” I called out, walking into the kitchen, but then, I didn’t see my brother. Ryan Dolciani. I internally groaned. But I have to figure out what happened the night before. “What are you doing here?” I asked, putting my hands on my hips.

“Do you not remember last night?” he asked. My eyes widened. Oh no. I mean, I had clothes this morning! My face must’ve been priceless, since he was obviously trying to hold down a laugh. “Not like that,” he told me, and I let out a sigh of relief. “Party? Gabriel? Ring a bell?” he asked. He just rhymed! Uhm, you almost got raped and you’re thinking about that right now? Seriously?

“Oh..” I said dumbly. Perfectly remembering what happened, up until I blacked out. I looked at him, studying him. He looked like he hadn’t slept all night. I was almost beginning to feel sorry. Almost. I would find out what happened, then decide if I should feel sorry.

Of course, loser, you’re supposed to feel sorry and thank him. He saved you

I guess you’re right.

Of course I am

And I’m going crazy.

“Well, I cooked,” he said motioning to the table.

I looked at it, then at him. “Thanks,” I mumbled, then glared. “I still hate you, you know?” Just making sure that we’re still on dangerous grounds.

He playfully glared back. “I still hate you too, now eat,” he smiled,that heart-melting smile making me sit down.

“You made these?” I scoffed. He nodded. I gave me another glare. “What did you put in them?” I accused.

He rolled his eyes. “Just eat it,” he said. I took a bite of the pancake, and it was pure bliss.

“So… good,” I said uneasily. He gave me a bashful smile. “Are you sure you didn’t get these from ihop?” I joked, and took another bite.

“Maybe.. Maybe not,” he smiled at me.

“Why don’t you eat?” I asked him, taking a sip of water that was conveniently placed next to my plate.

“I’ll eat a bit later,” he smiled at me, then the doorbell rang. “That’s for me,” he said, making his way to the living room.

“For you? I thought I lived here?” I laughed. He rolled his eyes, and proceeded to get the door.

I kept devouring my plate of pancakes until I was full, and that’s when Ryan came back. He looked at me, then my plate. “Whoa,” he laughed. “You can eat,” he stated. I just nodded. “Can I use your bathroom?” he asked me.

“You choose to ask now?” I laughed. “You came into my house without permission, went into my room, slept over, and cooked in my kitchen, and you’re asking to use the bathroom?” I chuckled. “Yes, you can go use the bathroom. Upstairs- first door to the right,” I smiled. He just rolled his eyes at me, and went upstairs.

I was swishing the water around in my glass for awhile, and I guess I lost track of time because when I looked up, Ryan was already in front of me. Causing me to jump and therefore causing me to spill my water. “Shit,” I mumbled.

“Clutz,” he teased, handing me papertowels.

“You don’t sneak up on people like that,” I scolded.

He rolled his eyes. “I’ve been here for 5 minutes already,”

“Oh…,” I dumbly replied. “So, eat,” I said, putting pancakes on his plate. He just shook his head. “Eat, now,” I ordered. He rolled his eyes and grabbed a fork, and started to eat. I waited a few seconds. “What happened after I blacked out last night? How’d you know where I lived? Why do you look like you haven’t slept? Why are you suddenly being so nice? Why did you cook me breakfast? And who was at the door earlier? Answers! I need answers!” I demanded.

He calmly took a sip of water from his own glass. “Relax. You tell me to eat, and you bombard me with questions,” he said rolling his eyes. “First, I took you home, and second, I found your address by the navigator, that had a ‘home’ button,” he said. Of course. “Third, I only got an hour of sleep, checking on you every hour, and I was keeping in touch with the police and they sadly haven’t gotten Gabriel yet, so until they do- you’re stuck with me,” Awww. How sweet. “Fourth, I’m just worried about you, and I don’t know? To feed you and be nice? I really don’t know,” he continued. “And the door earlier was my brother bringing me clothes,” he said, referring to his outfit. I didn’t notice, but he was now wearing a white wife-beater that exposed his toned arms. HAZELYN! Shut up! I nodded my head, because I was afraid I’d blurt out ‘you have nice arms,’ if I opened my mouth. “Anymore questions?” he asked. I shook my head no. The doorbell rang again, and I expected him to say that it was for him. “It’s not for me,” he told me. I rolled my eyes and got up from the table to get the door.

“Oh my fucking god, I just found out what happened! Are you okay?” Tristan barged in, inspecting for damages. Shit shit shit shit! Ryan’s here.

“I’m Fine. What are you doing here, dumbass?”

“Can I not check on my almost raped sister?” he retorted. “What happened last night? I told Nate already! We can’t let you live alone,” he mumbled. “I’m calling for guards,” he told me. I rolled my eyes. “Seriously, I’m getting you a bodyguard,” he said sternly. I knew I couldn’t argue.

“Whatever, do what you wanna do, just make sure that they keep their distance,” I sighed.

He smiled triumphantly, which turned into confusion. “How’d you get home?” he asked.

“Ryan,” I told him.

“Who?” he asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

“Jr Dolciani.”

“You call him Ryan?” he asked with a slight cough. “He hasn’t killed you yet?” he mumbled. “But what? Dolciani took you home?” he asked confused. I nodded again. “I’m so sorry Lyn. I was at the party, you could’ve just asked me to take you home,” he sighed. “Nathan and I both were!” he took a deep breath, pinching his nosebridge. “This whole hiding our sibling relationship is weird. And dangerous”.

“Tristan?” Ryan asked, cutting me off. “What are you doing here?” he raised an eyebrow.

SHIT. BUSTED.
♠ ♠ ♠
:) comments would be greatly appreciated (: