Status: On hold

Opposites Aren't The Only Ones That Attract

When It Hits, It Hits Hard.

The whole world froze. The wind stopped blowing; I stopped breathing. Everyone and everything around me froze.

The only thought running through my head was, Are there two Joplin, Missouri's? I knew that there wasn't, but I had to think that, to keep breathing.

This is his hometown.

Oh my gosh.

Well, I mean, it doesn't matter. He's not here, he's on tour. I mean, it wouldn't matter if he was, it doesn't matter, at all.

I took a deep breath, and kept on walking. I walked a few more blocks, until I came upon a small funeral home.

I walked to the door, with my hands shoved in my pockets, and looked at the sign. It's apparently where they posted the upcoming funerals. My grandmother's name was at the fourth place. It was three days from today. We wanted to make sure everyone could get here, that was coming. I bit my lip, and as I realized that was my grandmother's name, tears streamed down my face.

It seemed like it finally hit me. My grandmother was gone, and there was nothing I could do about it. I wouldn't be able to hug her anymore; I wouldn't be able to see her anymore.

I felt a flashback to when I was five.



Someone knocked on our door.

“Ding dong!” They said.

Daddy ran to the door and opened it, and it was Grandma.

“Grandma!” I screamed, running, and jumping, into her arms. She laughed, and hugged me tightly.

I wrapped my arms around her neck, and took a deep breath. She smelled like cookies and Vanilla, just like always. I jumped down, from her arms, and grabbed her hand.

“Come on! I have lots to show you!” I said, pulling her, into the den. I showed her the picture I drew her. It was of her.

“Oh, it's beautiful!” She said, smiling.

“You like it?” I asked.

“Like it? I love it!” She replied.

“Good! I was hoping you would,” I said, smiling. She laughed.

“I love you, Grandma,” I said, hugging her legs.

“Oh, but, I love you more!” She replied. I smiled, and looked up at her.

“No way,” I replied.




I was now sobbing; Tears blurred my vision to where I couldn't see. I sat on the hard pavement, in front of the funeral home, and cried every tear I had bottled up.



My phone rang. I quickly wiped my face, with my hands, and cleared my throat.

“Hello,” I said.

“Hey, honey. Would you mind coming to your grandma's diner?” My Dad's voice said.

“Um, sure,” I said.

He gave me directions, and then said, “Alright, thanks, honey. I'll see you in a minute.” I hung up, and jumped up from the cold pavement, brushing the dirt off my legs. I got some of my water onto my hand, and rubbed my eyes and face, with it. I walked down the sidewalk, my flip-flops clapping against the ground. I arrived at my Grandma's diner, and opened the door. A bell went off, and my Mom ran to me.

“Are you okay, Jade?” She asked, frantically looking at me.

“Yeah, Mom, I'm fine. Why?” I asked, confused.

“You look a little rough,” She replied, wiping my eyes, and patting down my hair.

“Thanks, Mom,” I muttered. I walked to my Dad.

“What do I need to do?” I asked.

“Oh, nothing, hon. I just wanted you to come here, so you could see what it looked like and where it was,” He replied. I nodded, and went to sit down, at a booth.

“Honey, can you watch the place, while me and your mother, go put up these 'Help Wanted' posters?” I heard my Dad yell, from the other room.

“Sure,” I muttered; I knew he could hear me. Then, I heard the bell, and they were gone. I looked around, and something caught my eye. A picture. I walked to it. It was a picture of my Grandmother.

Underneath it read,

Abigail Laveda.

The owner of this diner, from the beginning, in 1952. We want to honor Abigail for sticking with this diner, in her hometown, all her life.


I started crying, again. I went to sit down at the booth, and put my head in my hands.

My cries filled the empty building, so much, that I couldn't even hear the bell, signaling someone had opened the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I know it was a filler, sorry! The next one will be better, promise!! =D