Perfect Has Lost It's Meaning

oo1: Jane

I sobbed as a new burst of tears flooded my tear ducts. I rolled over on to my stomach and started smacking my pillow like a child having a temper tantrum. She can’t be dead! We’ve been friends since kindergarten! I wiped my face as I sat up and stared at my wall. [

I need to get my mind off of things. Alicia would have wanted me to have fun…

I slid off of my bed and walked into the bathroom to look at my dishevelled self. I sighed as I wiped the rest of my tears away and grabbed my makeup from the side of the counter and started with my familiar routine. Cover-up, then mascara and lip gloss. I ran my fingers through my hair as if I thought it help my mound of knots. I grabbed the brush and began hastily ripping through the several knots. Once finished I glanced toward myself and smiled. I cleaned up pretty good.

I walked out of my bathroom and down the stairs.

“I’m going out be back later!” I shouted to my father who was sneaking a snack in the kitchen.

Before he could summon himself to find some form of curfew I swiftly slipped out the front door and began walking to a destination I had not thought of. I quickened my pace as a few rain-drops began to fall. As if to the snap of someone’s fingers it began to pour! I took refuge in the first place I laid eyes on, “Jim’s Bar & Grill” The bright neon sign lit the way to the front door and I stumbled inside slightly loosing my footing.

I walked past the “Seat Yourself” sign and took a seat at a two-person booth. Before I even had time to remove my soaked jacket a tough looking woman with an 80’s haircut stomped up to my table and placed a pretty drink in front of me.

“It’s from that guy at the bar.” She jerked her head towards the right corner of the bar and without even waiting for my ‘Thank-you’ she clomped off. I let my eyes rest on the hooded man staring at me.

I mouthed the words ‘Thank-you’ before raising my glass and taking a sip. Yummy appletini!

Shortly after I finished my drink I began to feel a little dazed. The man from the bar must have noticed because he made his way over to me quickly. He stood in front of me glaring down like he was getting ready for ‘the kill’.

He spoke almost silent yet deadly, “Jane Westin, I’m here to hurt you. Don’t make a move to notify anyone because well, hell I’ll kill you before you get the words from your pretty little mouth. Understood?”

I couldn’t get the words from my mouth so I just simply nodded.

He grinned, “Let’s go for a ride then.”

He pulled me from the booth with force and grabbed my belongings quickly. He helped me trudge outside of the building and sat me in the back seat of some car. I sighed as my eyes closed in a daze and I was gone into my dreams.

*~**~*

My eyes fluttered open and I sat up and glanced around expecting to see my usual surroundings. Unfortunately I had no such luck…
♠ ♠ ♠
Haii!
Comments are greatly appreciated!