Regrets Remembered, Once Forgotten

Vision of Haze

Bright, yellow sunlight seeped through the light green curtains. The window open, once again.

I sat up, groggily, and rubbed my arms. “Man, it’s freezing in here. Hey! The windows open.” I ran over and closed it tightly, before locking it.

I shivered. “There’s something creepy going on here because I swear I had it closed before falling asleep.”

The scenery around me changed as I walked out of my bedroom into the bedroom. My hair was a mess so I quickly combed it and fixed my clothes. I had a slight zipper imprint on my right cheek from the jacket.

I trudged out of the bathroom and down the stairs. I was in dire need of my coffee. My eyelids were drooping already.

I got out a white mug from the fully-stocked cupboard. One good thing about my mother is she was nice enough to give me a bit of money to get out of her house.

Water was placed in the plugged coffee maker and I was waiting patiently nearby while it brewed. When it was finished, I put the heated water in my mug and added the rest. I sipped it quickly while it was hot to get my throat cleared a bit.

I turned away from the sink, only to drop my hot coffee on my feet, not that I noticed.

In front of me was a white haze looking like the girl from the picture. Short black hair, white ribbon… I’m going crazy.

The girl reached her right hand out to my face. She was an inch from coming in contact with my skin before her hand trembled, and she vanished.

I gasped and slowly felt the stinging on my feet. I ran to get a rag and put cold water on it before rubbing my feet slowly. The stinging feeling stayed so I put ice on it. I did all this, but my mind still on the scene that happened just a while ago. Who was she? WHAT was she?