Forever Connected

Chapter 5

Jordan looked over at her son, who looked more and more like his father everyday, except for his eyes. Those were the exact same as hers. Placing a hand on her six month pregnant belly as she watched her son sleep. The Blackhawks were heading into Philly on the team plane and if she had been ready to go when they were, she would have gone with them, but as it were, things didn't work out that way, but it didn't matter because Damon was with her and they would land with plenty of time to get to the arena and wear the jerseys that she had packed for them in the overnight bags. Damon would be wearing his father's jersey while Jordan would be dawning the one with her husband's last name on it.

“Jordan, do you want me to sit with him while you get up and walk for a little bit?”

Looking over her shoulder, Jordan saw Brent Seabrook's girlfriend smiling at her. Taking off the seatbelt, she smiled at the girl. “Thanks, I need to walk a bit. He shouldn't wake up since he was up late last night.”

Getting out of the seat, Jordan started walking up and down the plane to make sure her circulation kept going. Although she hadn't needed it, she got a not from her doctor stating that she was able to fly. She knew that both Patrick and Jonathan wanted both her and Damon at the game. What she didn't want to do was sit in the box seats, but because of her current state it was where they would be sitting. Although she was pregnant she would have still liked to sit in the lower levels, but with her son with her, she'd rather have him safe then worry about what some Flyer fan might say or do.

Hearing Damon yell out for her, Jordan started walking back to her seat where Damon must have just woken up and because he wasn't around someone he knew very well, he was freaking out. It must have been something he picked up from Jon, because he never did it before with her. As soon as she got back to her seat she saw Damon with tears in his eyes and she knew it was going to one of those days where he was going to be super clingy to her. Giving a small smile to the woman, she took her seat and Damon quickly snuggled into her side. “Did you have a nice nap?” Jordan whispered to her son.

“I miss dad and daddy.”

“Baby, we'll see them soon. I think Dad will be picking us up and then both will need to get their pre-game naps in. But I'm sure that Daddy will wanna see you before he goes to sleep.”

“I cans nap with daddy.” Damon said as he put his small hand on his mother's ever expanding stomach.

“We will see soon,” Jordan said as she put her seatbelt back on. “Are you gonna cheer extra loud for everyone?”

“Yeah for daddy and dad and Duncs and Adam and Patty and Seabs and Hammy and Soups and-”

“For all of the Blackhawks?” Jordan laughed as she moved the hair from his face right before the announcement was made that they would be landing soon.

Making sure that Damon was still strapped in all the way, Jordan smiled before securing her own seatbelt. The only problem she had with Damon on the entire flight was because he wanted the flight to last longer. Thankfully Rylie, Brent's girlfriend helped her her carry-on bag so that she could carry Damon off the plane as he cried and tried to go back. As she and Rylie walked together to the baggage claim, Jordan had shock written all over her face. Her husband was standing twenty feet in front of her. Trying not to let her emotions get the best of her, Jordan picked up her pace towards her husband. If she hadn't had Damon in her arms, she probably would have jumped into his arms, so instead she settled for him kissing her as if they were newly weds all over again. Once they broke apart, Jordan looked down at Damon and saw him fast asleep in her arms. “Little sneak. He had a fit because he was asleep for most of the flight and wanted to stay in the air longer. Rylie had to help with my bag because the only way to get him off the plane was to carry him.”

“We should get your stuff and head to the hotel. Jonny is anxious to see Damon and everyone needs to head in for pregame naps,” Patrick said resting his hand on her stomach. “So when are you going to tell me the names you are thinking of for the baby?”

“None.”

“Thanks,” Patrick said giving a smile to Rylie who handed him Jordan's extra bag before disappearing with Seabs. “C'mon, we'll get you off those feet and rested for the game.”

Following him out to the awaiting car, she put Damon into the booster seat as Patrick put the bags in the back. After making sure her son was secured, Jordan put a blanket on the side of his head so that he wouldn't have a neck sore when he woke up.

The drive to the hotel seemed to take forever, but when they got there, Jordan saw all of the loud fans. Getting out of the SUV, she went into protective mother mode immediately. Pulling her sleeping son into her arms, she grabbed the blanket and placed it over his head before walking past the fans and into the hotel and released her grip a bit on Damon's sleeping body.

“Jordan!”

Turning around in the lobby Jordan gave a small smile to Jonathan. “I didn't realize you guys have this many fans in Philly.”

“All it is, is hype for today's game.” he smiled.

“Why aren't you napping yet?” Jordan asked as she watched Patrick to walk in with the bags.

“Kaner is talking on the phone and I was hoping to see Damon before the game.”

“Well since I got a text saying I'm working pregame and then I'll be up with Damon and the rest of them for the game. Both of you need to go nap.”

“Jordan can you-”

“I'll talk to Kaner.”

With a smile on her face, the three of them walked into the elevator and headed to where most of the guys were either already napping or heading in that direction. Smiling at the guys that she passed in the hallway until they stopped at the door where they could clearly hear Kaner laughing when he should be in bed sleeping.

“Tazer can you get him to-”

Adam Burish stopped when he saw Jordan standing there with a blanket over the body she was carrying while standing between Jonathan Toews and Patrick Sharp.

With a smile creeping onto his face, he walked over to her and peeled the blanket off her and saw that Damon was fast asleep. “Did you bore him to sleep?” he asked looking at Jonny.

“What do you want Bur?” Jonathan asked, clearly unamused by his teammates teasing.

“I need Kaner to shut up,” Adam stated bluntly. “No one is sleeping since he's yapping away.”

“Jonny,” Jordan sighed. “Can you take him and give me your room key?”

Fishing out the keycard out of his wallet, he handed it over to Sharpie before taking the blanket off his son and putting it over his shoulder and carefully took his son into his arms. Kissing the side of his head before moving out of Jordan's way as she took the key from Sharpie. Looking at both Adam and Patrick, she shook her head before pointing her finger into the direction of their own room. Patrick seemed like he was about to argue, but seeing Jordan's look, he decided against it. Kissing her softly as he put his hand on her belly he followed Burish to the room they shared.

Inserting the key card, Jordan walked inside the room and found Patrick Kane laying on his bed chatting away on his cell phone. Rolling her eyes, she walked over to his bed and snatched the phone out of his hand. “Hi, who is this?” Jordan asked into the phone watching Patrick's eyes go wide. “Well he's gotta go and take a nap. He'll call you in a few days.”

“I'm taking your phone in case she calls back, but you need to remember you have a roommate that needs to sleep as well. You have a game and I don't want to see tired players on the ice.”

“C'mon Jordan...”

“Patrick Kane, I'm serious,” Jordan said standing with her arms crossed over her chest. “I just got off a plane and I’m tired and Damon is sleeping and I need him to sleep for a bit longer so I can get some sleep as well. So stop this nonsense. I get how you feel, but just relax.”

Walking out the door, Jordan placed the phone in her pocket before leaving the hotel room. Seeing Damon awake and sitting next to his father with his toy car in his hand as he drove it on Jonathan's leg. “Damon, you ready to go and watch a movie with me while daddy naps?”

“We watch Cars and Nemo?” Damon asked looking at his mother.

“I think we forgot Cars, but we do have Nemo,” Jordan said. “Give daddy hugs and kisses and we'll go watch the movie, okay?”

Getting up Damon moved in between his father's legs and laid his head on his shoulder. “Love you buddy. Be good, okay?”

“You play goods. Loves you.”

Looking up at his dad he gave him a kiss on the lips. Once Jonathan was on his feet, Jordan handed his hotel key back to him. “I took his phone, so you should be good to get in your nap. I'll see you before the game.”

Jordan and Rylie traveled together to the arena where game six was at. Rylie was going up into the box with Damon while Jordan saw the boys before they took the ice. Walking into the locker room, she wore her jeans, Sharp jersey and tennis shoes. As soon as she stepped into the room with some of the other Blackhawks personnel that had come along for the game. As time got closer that the guys had to head to the ice for warm-ups, Jordan tried to sneak out of the room without anyone noticing, but it didn't work out that way. Adam spotted her and made sure everyone rubbed her belly for luck before they took the ice.

The game was intense and at times it was hard to watch. Standing up with Damon on her hip, they watched at Patrick Kane skated towards the Flyers goal with the puck on his stick. Watching him shoot the puck and circle around the goalie and darted off towards his own goalie and jumped into his arms.

“Mommy did we wins?”

Jordan heard her son's question, but didn't know how to answer. It seemed that Kaner was so sure that it went in, even her husband seemed so, but there was still no call on the play. Time seemed to tick by ever so slowly until it was made official that the Chicago Blackhawks were the 2010 Stanley Cup Champions.
♠ ♠ ♠
Update!! Woohoo!! Let me know what you think!!

I also have a new story in the works, click here to read and to subscribe early.