‹ Prequel: Obsticles
Sequel: Settled

Adjustments

Sex and DNA

“GREG!”

He thrust into her, they were lying on his wooden floor with the bed sheets wrapped around the both of them.

It was the first time in awhile that Emily and Greg had the night off and could see each other, and neither of them wasted any time.

“GREGGY-POO…oh, harder!” Emily growled, her nails digging into Greg’s back as she wrapped her leg around his waist.

Greg went harder every time she screamed or moaned loudly. He was pretty sure the neighbors were having problems sleeping with their yelling and screaming.

They looked into each others eyes even if it was total darkness in the apartment, Emily was about to orgasm when the phone rang.

Greg groaned “…no…”

Emily grabbed his hair and moaned “Don’t stop…” she pleaded.

Greg kept going as the phone rang, then went to the recorder where the both of them lost the mood as they heard the message.

“…I know you two are enjoying each other with images that I dare not think about…but you need to pick up the phone. Emily? Greg?” Grissom asked.

Emily reached for the phone that Greg had knocked off the table earlier, she picked it up and sighed.

“Dad?” she asked.

Greg pecked Emily’s jaw as she talked to her father.

“Emily, I need you to come to the lab, there’s a problem.” Grissom said, Emily sighed as she pushed Greg away for a moment.

“…what kind of problem?” she asked.

Grissom spoke bluntly “Just a problem with the evidence you collected this morning.” He said bluntly.

“…okay, and what do you need from me?” she asked, Greg looked at Emily and turned on a light as Emily listened to her father.

Grissom smiled “Help Hodges figure out what the hell is going on.” He said.

Emily sighed as she looked at Greg, then down at the floor “Alright, I’ll be there in thirty minutes.” She said, hanging up the phone.

Greg held Emily tightly for a moment “What’s going on?” he asked.

“…Hodges fucked up.” She said, looking at him annoyed.

______________________________________________________________________

Greg and Emily walked into the lab, hand in hand as they walked into Grissom’s office where it was empty.

“Alright, well…you can do whatever you want. I have to go take care of evidence.” Emily said with a cute smile on her face.

Greg smiled at her before giving her a peck on the lips “I’ll be around, have fun.” He said, walking out of Grissom’s office.

_____________________________________________________________________

It had been handled in less than two hours, and Hodges already disappeared along with Greg who Emily couldn’t find.

Emily sighed as she walked into the locker room where Warrick and Nick were having a discussion. She smiled as she leaned against the entrance railing, listening to Warrick talking about a beef he had with a Mafia guy.

“EMILY!” Nick said, getting up and giving her a big hug and a kiss, then smelling her skin for a moment “You smell like…”

Warrick took a sniff “Yoo-hoo…girl you smell like Peppermint! You and Greg were getting busy!” he said with a chuckle.

Emily blushed “Was not…” she said.

Nick shook his head “You only smell like Peppermint when Greg is planting his oats…”

“…shouldn’t you be having this talk with Greg?” Emily asked, walking to Greg’s locker that was empty.

Warrick laughed “He’s not around…so, that wedding,” Warrick said, turning around and leaning against his locker with his arms crossed.

Emily smiled “Yep…September 16, 2005.” She said.

Nick smiled giving Emily a big hug “I’m so excited…can I walk you down the isle, please?” he begged.

“NO…that’s dad’s job!” Emily said, giggling brightly.

Warrick chuckled “Well, I’m happy for you and Greg, Emily.” He said, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

Emily smiled “Thanks, Warrick.” She said, giving him a big hug.

Nick gave her a big hug, rocking her back and forth like he did when she was young, he gave her a big kiss on the cheek “…just four more months. Then you become Mrs. Greg Sanders…” he said.

“That’s a thought.” Warrick said, walking out of the locker room.

Nick shook his head as he looked back at Emily “Never thought I’d see that day…anytime soon.” He said.

Emily patted Nick’s shoulder as she nodded “Neither did I…now go to work!” she said, giving him another big hug.

Nick gave her another kiss on the cheek before walking out of the locker room and catching up with Warrick.

Emily stood alone in the locker room for awhile longer to collect her thoughts.

_______________________________________________________________

“…so is anybody helping Emily plan the wedding?” Hodges asked Greg, as they played a board game.

Greg looked up at Hodges “Like I’m really gonna tell you?” he said.

Hodges shrugged his shoulders “Well, a wedding IS very important to the bride.” He pointed out, playing his turn.

“She doesn’t care about the details, she just wants one thing. This one person to come to the wedding.” Greg said, watching Hodges play.

Hodges looked up at Greg “Who is…?”

Greg shook his head “A very old friend, long before you ever showed up.” He said, taking his turn.

Hodges nodded “Well Grissom IS going to be there, right?” he asked.

“Oh, of course!” Greg said, playing his turn.

Greg looked up at Hodges “She never really thought about her wedding, so she has to make all these choices for the first time. Unlike most girls.” He said.

“Well, is it going to be a big wedding?” Hodges asked.

Greg looked up at Hodges in disbelief of the question “…it’s Emily!” he said.

“Right…” Hodges said, playing his turn.

_______________________________________________________________

Emily was still looking for Greg and it was nearly midnight, she walked passed Grissom whom she hoped wouldn’t notice her.

“Emily!” Grissom said, turning around and catching up to his daughter “I have something to ask you…the DNA sample from the vagina swab you took—”

Emily nearly gagged “—dad, I don’t think that word should EVER be in your vocabulary around me…ever again!” she said, turning to him plainly.

Grissom nodded “Okay…the *female* swab that you took earlier today…”

Emily sighed as she attempted to listen to her father ramble, she was never going to get out of there alive.