‹ Prequel: Obsticles
Sequel: Settled

Adjustments

Eggs and Diners

Greg laid in bed and waited for Emily to wake up, he never thought he would ever have a fight like that with Emily, and with so many people ‘in’ on the why.

Emily turned in her sleep for a moment before slowly opening her eyes, she just glared at the brown eyes that blocked her view from the window.

“What, Greg?” she muttered, rubbing her eyes.

Greg sighed “I’m sorry…I know this whole thing with the strip club is serious to you. But I swear, that it was official CSI business.” He said, stroking her hair.

Emily stretched as she looked at Greg “…then why did Warrick and my dad say otherwise?” she asked.

“Because…I kind of put Warrick on Grissom’s bad side, and Warrick and Grissom think it’s funny to watch you turn on me…” Greg explained.

Emily sighed “Well, it worked…” she said.

Greg nodded “Yeah, baby…it did…” he said, kissing her cheek.

The silence filled the room quickly as Greg and Emily looked into each other’s eyes, Greg cleared his throat “So…how about some nookie?” he asked.

“Oh, god!” Emily said, giggling as the threw Greg off of the bed.

________________________________________________________________________

Emily scooted over on the booth to let Greg sit next to her along with Sara in across from her at the diner.

They both looked tired, Emily was thankful she ordered everyone coffee.

“Aww, thanks baby…” he said, kissing her for a moment, trying not to make an awkward moment with Sara in front of them.

Greg stroked her hair “Are you enjoying your day off?” he asked.

“I am…” Emily said, smiling as she kissed Greg again.

Sara smiled “You two are so cute…sometimes, I wanna choke myself from how cute…” she said.

Emily and Greg looked at Sara concerned, thinking she was insulting them.

“Oh, no…I meant that as a serious sincere compliment…” Sara said, back tracking her words.

Emily continued to stare at Sara “Okay, sounds like somebody needs some coffee…and a good breakfast!” she said.

Sara smiled “So, day off, huh?” she asked.

Emily nodded “Yeah…first day off in like two weeks.” She said.

“It’s like you live in the lab…” Sara said.

Emily nodded “Yep, I eat, sleep, drink, fuck…at that lab.” She said.

Sara looked up at Emily, not understanding Emily’s last word from the apparent joke she was telling.

“Where do you think Greg and I first did it?” Emily asked.

Sara looked at Greg, who gave her a big grin, she shook from the thought “Just don’t tell me where…” she said, making her coffee.

Greg began to look at the menu “That scene took forever!” he complained.

Sara nodded “You’re telling me…it’s gonna take us weeks to get through everything…” she said, looking through the menu.

Emily smiled “Well, what happened?” she asked.

Greg looked up at Emily “A big shot lawyer got taken out at her son’s wedding…” he said.

“That’s epic…but kind of sad…Epically Sad!” Emily said, putting the menu down, and shrugged her shoulders.

Greg held Emily’s hand as the three of them sat in the booth, reading the menus until they ordered.

Nick showed up a little after everyone got their food “…smells like bacon in here, slide over…that scene took forever, we were like there for like, what, nine hours?” he said.

Sara didn’t look up from her breakfast “Eleven.”

Greg nodded “A dead lawyer and two hundred witnesses…it’s gonna take awhile!”

Nick nodded “Yeah, come for a wedding, stay for a funereal. Hey-why do you always eat here?” he asked.

“It’s tradition!” Greg said.

Sara smirked “Ahh, tradition, like becoming a property exchange between your father and your husband!” she said.

Emily gasped “Sara, I’m sitting right here!” she remarked, Greg just smiled as Emily glared at Sara.

Nick shook his head “NO, that’s not what a wedding is. It’s a public declaration of love!” he said, smiling at Emily.

“Thank you, Nicky!” Emily said, smiling.

Greg smiled “I’m with Vince Vaughn on this one. Dozens of horny, single women with access to an open bar and coupling on their mind.” He said, smiling as he took another bite of eating.

Sara and Nick turned to Emily whose bright smile took a worse for a grim look of silent anger, Nick tried to hide his giggles as Emily began to give Greg the ‘evil stare of death’ as Nick and Warrick called it.

Greg turned to his wife, knowing his chances of getting ‘nookie’ when he got home was slipping from his young man hands.

“I’m just saying! I love you…” he said, kissing Emily for a moment.

Sara chuckled as she looked at Greg “Wow, Greg…you’re the only man I know who talks like that in front of his wife.”

Emily shrugged her shoulders “Yeah, well…the more stupid he talks, the less baby making he gets…” she said, turning to Greg.

Greg’s face turned sad as he nodded “I deserve that.” He admitted.

Nick smiled “Just remember…everything you say and do that negatively impacts your marriage…Grissom can double it!” he said, pointing to Greg.

Greg smirked “I think he’s out of pranks…he hasn’t pulled one in a while…” he said.

Sara and Nick laughed, before turning to the TV to watch the news report of the crime scene the three CSI’s had just left.

“The balls on these guys—taking her out on her sons wedding day!” Greg said.

Nick scuffed “Pass the cream, will you?” he asked.

Emily passed the cream “And I thought my wedding was bad…” she said.

Greg absently began to look out the window, enjoying the scenery when he realizes something very vital is missing.

“Dude, where’s your car?” he asked.

Emily looked out the window, not seeing Nick’s car “Yeah, where’d it go?” she asked.

Nick pointed to his car “I parked right…” he trailed off as he noticed his car was missing.

Sara and Nick look at each other, realizing what just happened. Nick’s car had just been stolen.

“…this is bad…” Emily muttered, looking out the window.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments are greatly appreciated!