Status: Finished, need to update.

Your Protector

To The Rescue

Sun poured into Zane’s small room and filled it with light, causing me to slowly blink my eyes open. I felt arms wrapped securely around my waist and a small smile spread across my face. I rolled over carefully to snuggle into who I thought was Alex, and stifled a scream when I realized who it really was. It was Zane.

The memory of the night before rushed into my mind causing small tears to cascade down my cheeks. I backed out of his arms slowly, trying not to wake him up and carefully scooted to the edge of his full sized bed. I set my feet on the cold, hardwood floor and put a slight pressure on it to make sure it would not creak. After I was sure the floor wouldn’t betray me with its sound I pulled myself from Zane's bed and inched over to the mirror in the corner of the room.

The full length mirror was leaning in the corner of a dark green wall and it had a small layer of dust over its surface. I shut my eyes, scared of what I’d see, and slowly ran my hand over the mirror to brush away the particles. I forced myself to look at the reflecting glass in front of me and tried not to break into sobs. The mirror showed a small, fragile girl hugging herself and shaking violently. I tried to make myself believe that the mirror was not real, that it wasn't really showing me, but I failed miserably. Tears stung my eyes as I stared at my reflection horrified, and slowly examined my bare skin. I had bruises on my stomach, my arms, my back, and my legs. There was a little cut on my lip that had opened and was slowly dripping blood down my chin. I wiped at it and whimpered softly from the pain. The sight of me in the mirror was heart breaking. The bruises and the cut lip were bad but the worst were my eyes. My big, green eyes had looked dead, so dead that it seemed they no longer reflected the sunlight.The piercing green eyes that I once had were now dull and sad, no longer filled with hope that someone would save me. I was fine before this happened. Zane hit me and I yelled at him. Zane kidnapped me and I acted sarcastic. I still had a little fight left in me but whatever spark that was it is long gone now.

I looked away from the mirror, no longer able to take looking at it, and walked to the side of the bed where I slept. I searched the floor and bed but my clothes were no where in sight. I looked down to find a note on the night stand next to the bed that said, in small writing:

‘You look much better without clothes so I have decided to hide yours.
If you get this before I wake up you are free to roam the house but remember
The doors are locked from the inside and the keys are hidden so don’t try escaping. Also I would rather you didn’t’ attempt to kill me in my sleep. It will not work. For one: I am a light sleeper and two: The boys will get to you before you have a chance.’


I set the note down with a growl and decided to try and find clothes. Zane didn’t have a closet or drawer so I went with searching for a bathroom. I slowly walked out of Zane’s room and into the hallway, hoping no one would be awake to see me the way I was. I took small steps and went to the door at the end of the hall to start my search. I slowly opened the door and peered through a crack to find a room with a bed the size of Zane’s. I would have shut the door immediately, thinking it was Blake or Kellen’s room but I noticed something peculiar. The bed covers had written on them, in big print: Finding Nemo. They were blue and had a giant clown fish spread across it.

I opened the door a little more to see who slept in this room and the sight I saw made a smalls mile play on my lips. In the bed were Kory and Kade. Kory was cuddled into Kade and Kade had his chin on Kory’s head. On the edge of the bed was a small book with little fish on the cover. I took a step forward to get a better look and maybe read the title but a floor board creaked loudly. I looked at the boys and Kade’s eyes snapped open as he turned his head to find the noise. My eyes got big and I opened my mouth to say something but stopped myself when Kade held a single finger to his lips. He pointed to the door and mouthed the word ‘Wait’. I nodded and walked out of the room, closing the door slowly.

After about a minute of waiting the white door opened and out walked Kade with just a pair of jeans on. He slowly shut the door then turned to me in the hallway. His eyes got big and he turned his head, a slight tint of pink on his cheeks. “Looks like you forgave Zane.”

“Hell no! He fucking raped me!” I said shouting in a whisper.

Kade made a disgusted face, ; leaned against the wall casually, and looked at the floor as he spoke. “I wish I could say sorry for other people. I’ll let you know right now that I’m not like them. I hate it here and I would leave first chance I got but I can’t.” He looked at the door that led to his room then finally met my gaze.
I nodded. I could tell he wasn’t like his brother at all and I trusted him already. “I understand. Your little brother is very adorable.” I said smiling awkwardly to get rid of the silence.
“Yeah thanks.” He said, grinning with pride in his eyes. “Want me to find you some clothes? My stuff might be a little big but it will work better than walking around nude.”
Kade’s pretty tall. He's about the size of Alex but just a little shorter. At least his shoulders aren't as broad, then I really wouldn’t fit. “Okay. Hey how old are you?” I asked randomly, out if curiosity.

“I’m 16. Why?”

“You look younger.”

“I get that a lot.” Kade smiled and turned to open the door behind him. He put his finger to his lips and I walked into the room. Kade pulled out a pair of basketball shorts and a t-shirt from a white drawer. He handed them to me and turned away as I put them on. The shirt barely hit my thighs and I had to roll the shorts at the top to make them fit. I'm sure it didn't look good but I don't care.“Done.” I whispered.

Kade turned around to face me again and covered his mouth. I could see the small smile forming at the edges of his lips. “I would say you look great, but….”

“Haha very funny.” I said with a fake laugh.

“Sorry. Follow me.” He led me out of the room and downstairs to the living room. After we walked in Kade gestured for me to sit down as he turned on the TV. “I’ll be right back.” He said, walking out of the room as I sat down on the soft couch. Just as I got comfortable Kade walked back in with ice in his hands. He handed me the ice and paper towel then sat next to me on the giant tan couch. He dropped his head after a moment of silence and said softly, “I know I shouldn’t do this but… do you want to call your boyfriend?”

“How do you know I have a boyfriend?” I asked curiously.

He looked up from his hands and said simply, “Zane was talking about him. Well?”

“Can I?” I asked, not really sure if he was just messing with me or not. I just met the guy. I may think I can trust him but you never know.

“Yeah. Tell him where you are for all I care. I feel horrible because my brother is part of this. Just promise me one thing?” He said the question with sadness in his voice.

“Sure.”

“Tell him not to call the police. If he does then they’ll send all of us away and take Kory. I can’t live without Kory and I know he may be able to get over me leaving but I'd be so lost without him. I’m all he has left and I’m like his dad. I couldn't live not knowing if he was happy or not. I cant let us be separated.” He looked at me begging with his eyes for me to listen to him.

“I won’t let him call the police but if he comes to get me you and Kory are coming with us.”

“You’d let? You think He’d agree?” He said, hope in his voice.

“He doesn’t have to. I wont let you stay here. I‘ll see if you can stay at my house with my brother and I.” I said seriously. I know Jason will take them in if I tell him who they are.

“Thank you so much.” He said hugging me awkwardly. “Sorry. Here use my phone I don’t want the guys to see the history on the phone.” He handed me a small flip phone and I dialed Alex’s number.

The phone rang once and Alex answered right away. “Hello?” He asked in to the phone. My heart broke at the sound of his voice. It had no emotion in it and sounded nothing like him.

“Hey Teddy Bear.” I said softly.

“Alexis? Oh gosh I thought I lost you! Where are you?” The emotion and love I remembered came back in to his voice and I smiled softly.

“I’m in a mansion that one of Zane’s friends own. I can’t tell you exactly where unless you promise me something.”

“Anything. I’m so glad you're alive.” He said, relief in his voice.

“You can come get me but you can’t call the police. One of Zane’s friends has two brothers and I want to bring them with us. If you call the police they will get separated and it will kill both of them on the inside. Kade is the older one and he let me call you so you owe him this.” I looked at Kade with a smile.

“I don't see how I owe him anything for being part of Zane's group but if it saves you I wont call the police. Well tell me where you are.”

I gave him the adress and nodded at Kade. I heard shuffling over the phone and the starting of an engine. “I love you Alex. I guess I’ll go now.”

“No! I love you too but tell me something before you hang up. Have they hurt you? Did they touch you Alexis if they did I’ll kill someone. I swear.”

“You are not killing anyone. I-I’m fine mostly.” I cursed under my breath at the slip and knew Alex caught it.

“What does mostly mean?” He said in a strained voice. “Please Alexis tell me.”

“I can’t. You’ll hate me.” Tears started falling from my face and Kade took that as a cue to look away and watch T.V.

“Baby it’s ok. I could never hate you. I won’t let them hurt you again. Just tell me what happened. Did Zane… you know...touch you?” He asked slowly, choosing his words carefully.

“Yes.” More tears fell from my eyes as I heard him curse and hit something. “I’m so sorry Alex. I couldn’t stop him he was too strong. Please don't hate me!” Sobs ran through me and I felt an arm on my shoulder. I looked over a Kade and gave him a small smile.

“It’s ok. I’m on my way all right? I’m bringing my gun by the way. Just wait I’ll be there around twelve. I wish I could help you sooner but I don‘t want to be seen. Just hang tight I‘ll get you out of there.”

“Ok. Bye Bear.” I managed to choke out.
“Bye Baby. I love you. Please don't cry. For me ok?” I could tell Alex was close to tears as he said this.
“Love you too. And ok I'll try.

I hung up the phone and let tears come back to my eyes. Kade put his other arm around me and I buried my head into his chest, soaking his shirt. “It’s ok. You’re going to be ok. He’s coming to get you and I won’t let them hurt you anymore. I promise. I'll keep you safe until he gets here.”

Kade kept hugging me and saying soft things until I stopped crying. “Sorry,” I said, slowly lifting my head with a hiccup.

“Don’t worry about it. I just want you to be ok I can tell your a nice girl and you don't deserve what Zane put you through.” Kade hugged me and when he let go we heard soft clapping.

I turned to see Zane walking into the room with a smile. He leaned against the wall by the entrance. “Kade has a new friend I see. How sweet.” Zane pushed off the wall and came to sit in the middle of Kade and I. “ Alexis could you be so kind to play the piano for me? You used to do it all the time and I really miss the sound of it.”

I stuck up my middle finger but Zane grabbed it and bent it backwards. “I hate you.” Was all I said as I walked to the piano.

“Doesn’t everyone?” He smiled at me and winked.

I let my hands glide across the piano playing Alex’s favorite song. When we were little Alex would come with his mom when she got off work and I’d be in the middle of my piano lesson. He would join in on the lesson and play duets with me while the teacher gave me breaks. One day when we were about 12 he walked into the house as he always does and sat by me while I played Iris by the GooGoo Dolls. He declared it our song and we turned it into a duet together. If he’s ever sad I always play it to cheer him up and he does the same for me. I wish it was him listening to me play and not Zane. I wish it was like when we were little and sat at the piano all day. I wish he was here with me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooo this is kind of a filler but not really if you get what I mean. It may suck but I thought I should post because I haven't in forever. I'd really love to have comments because they give me motivation. They let me know that I don't fail at writing so come on and comment.