I Think We're Falling Apart

Chapter Ten

"So what do you wanna do today? We have the whole house to ourselves since Adie doesn't come home til tomorrow," I asked Matt after we sat in silence for a little while.

"I dunno... what do you wanna do?" he asked back and I smiled.

"I... wanna go get sweaty running on that treadmill," I chuckled as I got up, placing a kiss on his cheek before running up the stairs to the spare room where all my stuff was.

I found a short-sleeved, loose-fitting shirt and a pair of shorts and I slipped them on along with a pair of running shoes. I went back down to the living room, pulling my hair back as I did so, and walked over to the rack of CDs next to the entertainment system.

I heard Matt chuckle as I crouched down near the floor and I turned to face him. "What?"

He smiled. "Nothing," he said while shaking his head. I shook my head back at him and stuck out my tongue before turning back to the rack of CDs. I grabbed Guns N Roses' Appetite For Destruction and stood up to face Matt.

"Dude... that rack is huge," I said, pointing to the CDs.

Matt smirked. I could just see the wheels turning in his head. "Yours is bigger," he smiled.

My eyes widened and my jaw dropped. He mocked me, doing the same. "Matthew Charles!" I screeched as I went over to him and smacked his arm with the CD case and he tried to shield himself. We were both laughing, and he pulled me down so I was sitting on hi lap. I wrapped my arms around his neck. "You're a bad boy," I smiled at him.

"Ohhh, yes I am," he smirked as he leaned in and kissed me. "And bad boys need to be punished," he said as he pulled away.

"Are you talking dirty to me?" I laughed.

Matt looked like he was deep in concentration. "Ummm... yes!" he smiled.

"You're gonna get a beating for that."

"Is it a good beating?" he asked and wriggled his eyebrows at me.

"I'm not sure yet. But I'll know later if it'll be a good beating or a bad beating," I said as I kissed him once more and got up. I went back to the weight room and popped the CD into the player.

I got on the treadmill and started off on a medium jog to the song "Welcome to the Jungle", but then cranked it up to a full run to go with the beat of the song. Yeah, I was OCD about crap like that.

The song didn't even finish before Matt walked in in a sleeveless black shirt and basketball shorts with a towel in hand. He smiled at me before he sat down at the bench press, where he proceeded to crack his knuckles before laying back and grabbing the barbell.

As I ran, changing speeds and inclines ever now and then, I would just stare at him. His body was beautiful. His face was beautiful. There really was nothing about Matt that I didn't like, and if there was, then I just didn't know about it yet.

About halfway through the CD, I slowed down on the treadmill until it was at a stop and I stepped off it. I grabbed the towel from where Matt had placed it and wiped my face with it. I placed it back where it belonged and stepped so I had one leg on each side of the bench press where Matt's legs were. He glanced at me and finished a couple more presses before putting the weight up. I moved up further and sat down on his waist, leaning down to him.

"Wha-" he started to say, but I cut him off as I placed my lips on his. I felt his hands slide down my waist to my ass as he got more into it. I pulled away after a couple seconds.

"What was that for?" Matt asked as he smiled.

"You need to be punished and I wanna do it right now," I said, my voice full of lust and wanting. I leaned down and kissed him again, slipping my tongue into his mouth, using the position we were in as a way of being the dominator. I moaned into his mouth as he gripped my flesh in his hands.

I started to grind down on him. I wanted him, and I was prepared to take him right then on that bench press if need be.

Matt moaned and then pushed me up a little, detaching our mouths from the heating lock they were in. "We aren't gonna fuck on this are we?" he asked as his lips brushed against mine.

"Why not?" I asked huskily as I started to kiss his neck.

"Cuz it'll kill my back," he laughed quietly as he rubbed my sides.

"Okay, let's go then," I mumbled against his neck before I bit down on it softly. I got up off him and ran out of the room with Matt on my heels. I grabbed the side of his bedroom doorway to swing myself inside right as he reached out to grab me. I turned around quickly and laughed as I pointed to the bed.

"Lay down, slave," I chuckled.

Matt smiled. "Nuh uh... YOU get on the bed, I am in control now," he said. The sight of him standing there, covered in sweat with a smile on his face and half a boner in his shorts made me laugh even more.

"But I wanna be on top," I whined.

"Hmmm," Matt smiled at me again. "I'll make it worth your while... Now get your ass on the bed!" he laughed. I shook my head no and he came over and picked me up. By instinct, I wrapped my legs around his waist.

"You're so difficult," he smirked against my neck.

"I know, but you love it," I chuckled as he carried me over to the bed and dropped me on it. I laid back as he crawled over me and reached over to the bedside table. He grabbed the remote to his stereo and turned it on to whatever CD was last in there, which turned out to be one of Metallica's. He turned the volume up and placed the remote back on the table before he sat up and pulled his shirt off. He leaned down to kiss me and I slipped my hands down to the waist band of his shorts, trying to pull them down.

Matt pulled away. "Ah ah ahh... No getting me naked while you still got all your clothes on."

"Jerk," I smiled, and sat up to take my shirt and bra off. "There, is that better?" I asked as I tossed them to the floor.

"Much," he replied as he pushed me back down onto the bed.

Soon all of our clothes were discarded and I could feel Matt's erection pressing against me. I already knew Matt was bigger than Brian. A: Because Brian even told me (oh, the crazy things that happen on tour), and B: ... I just had my hand wrapped around it.

I laid back onto the bed with my legs apart and Matt grabbed my hips, pulling me body down the bed to meet his where he was. I put my legs up around his and he leaned over my body as he guided his member into me. I arched my back and bit my lip as I looked up at him.

"Fuck that's big," I moaned as he eased himself all the way in. I grinned and closed my eyes as he filled me up quite nicely. He placed his hands on either side of me and leaned over again as he started to thrust. He started out agonizingly slow, but I didn't mind. Pleasure was pleasure; it was all the same to me. After a couple of slow minutes, Matt started to speed up a little, and leaned his body down to rest lightly on mine as he started to run his tongue along my chest.

I arched my back, my body pressing up into his as it bore down on me with the pressure to get the perfect amount of friction between us.

I slid my hand up to run my fingers through his shirt hair and moaned as he bit down on my skin.

"Oh God... Matt," I whimpered as he started to speed up even more. He was thrusting at an almost inhuman speed, completely pulverizing my body with his masterful erection. He probably drew some blood, but I could care less. It felt pretty awesome. He was definitely surpassing Brian's abilities.

Matt slowed down a fraction and grabbed my left leg. He pulled it up so it was wrapped around his waist and then moved it up even further so it was up around the bottom of his ribcage.

He then leaned down again, stretching my leg even further, going even deeper, and he kissed me hard, tugging at my bottom lip as he pulled away.

He slowed down again until it was pure agonizing bliss, and continued like that for some time. Matt's body, which had already been covered with a thin layer of sweat before we started, was now slick with it. He started to kiss me more whenever he slowed down, making it more passionate. He'd change speeds like that every now and then, and it would always catch me off guard. I liked it. And there was no one to interrupt us either.

After a good hour and a half, I was reaching another peak and I clenched my eyes shut, tugging on Matt's hair as I came. He kept pumping in and out of me slowly as I moaned out his name in pure ecstasy before he finally came himself. He put my leg back down to rest on the bed as he laid his wet body against mine. He pulled out, but remained on top of me, resting his head on my chest and brushing his fingers along my side. We laid there panting for quite some time.

"Holy... shit," I said as I stared at the ceiling. Matt laughed as best as his spent body would allow and I joined in.

"Told you I'd make it worth your while," he said and I felt his smile against my skin.

I breathed in deep once more and sighed. "Give me a couple minutes to regain my strength, cuz we're definitely doing that again."

When I woke up the next morning, Matt was still asleep next to me, his sticky skin rubbing against mine. I smiled at the thought of the previous day. I was finally moving on. I was starting a new chapter in my life.

I rolled over onto Matt who was sleeping on his back (with morning wood, mind you), and started to kiss along his jaw. He barely started to stir awake, so I reached under me to grab his erection in my hand. Once I started to stroke him, he began to wake up. I smiled at the sleepy look in his eyes, and he closed them again as he moaned.

I laughed quietly as I let him go and placed my hands on his jaw, moving my lips to his and I started to kiss him. He kissed back and I could feel his throbbing member rub smoothly against my bare skin.

"Mmm.... would you like me to help you with that?" I asked against his skin. I felt his hot breath on my neck and didn't wait for an answer before sitting up, letting the sheet fall back from my body, and easing myself down onto him. I let out a content sigh and his hands slid to my thighs where he started to caress the bare skin there. I began rocking slowly back and forth on him, keeping a steady rhythm as I went.

I placed my hands on Matt's chest as it heaved up and down with each breath he took. Within ten minutes he came with a deep groan. I hadn't even come close to an orgasm, but I didn't really care; I was pleasing my man. And besides, just because I didn't reach an orgasm didn't mean that the feeling of Matt inside me didn't feel good. Cuz it sure as hell did.

I moved so he pulled out of me and leaned down to kiss Matt harshly, running both hands through his hair as his tongue slipped past my lips.

"We should go take a shower," Matt whispered as he pulled away. I nodded and we both got up, heading into the shower together.

When we got out, I dressed in a pair of my own lounge pants and a black long-sleeve thermal shirt I stole from Matt's closet; not like he minded. He pulled on a shirt and a pair of jeans as I ran a towel through my wet hair, and I thought I heard someone knock on the front door.

"Did you hear that?" I asked as I stopped my actions.

"Hear what?" Matt asked as he came up behind me, wrapping his strong arms around my waist and kissing my neck. I had noticed in the bathroom mirror that I had another hickey to go along with the faded ones from the night out with Matt.

"I thought I heard someone knocking..." I trailed off, and we both went quiet. My ears did not deceive me; the next time, I heard someone pounding on the door. It was probably Zacky. He always got impatient if you didn't answer the door the first time he knocked.

I jumped out of Matt's arms and ran out to the hall, with him chasing after me. I beat him to the door, but right as I went to reach for the handle, he grabbed my hand and playfully pulled me to him, planting a kiss on my lips before letting me go.

I turned back to the door with a smile on my face. Once it was open, though, the smile was instantly gone.

"B -- Brian..." I stuttered. "What are you doing here?"

"I think the real question is what the Hell are YOU doing here?" he snapped. Brian glared at Matt over my shoulder, who I could only imagine was returning the favor.

"How did you find me?" I asked quietly, averting my gaze to the ground.

"Well, you see, funny story. I wanted to talk to you this morning while Adie was still asleep so I had a chance to get away from the house, so I decided to head over to Rhiannon's place, where I assumed you were staying. I bet you can only imagine the look on my face when she told me that you're not staying with her, but rather with one of my best... fucking... friends," he spat. I winced when he said 'fucking' and I think Brian noticed that.

"Brian... I..." I tried to say, but the words just wouldn't come up. "...You left Adelle home alone?" I finally asked.

Brian ignored my question and looked back at Matt. "If you don't mind, I'd like to have a few words with my wife... alone," he growled. I felt Matt leave us, retreating back into the house, and Brian grabbed my wrist, pulling me outside. He dragged me behind him and shoved me against the side of the house.

"So... why exactly are you staying here?" he asked as he looked right in my eyes. I knew it was lies he was looking for.

"He's just as much my friend as he is yours, Brian. He's helped me through a lot when I needed him," I replied, crossing my arms over my chest.

Brian looked towards the ground, making an almost pained expression. He nodded his head to himself. "You're fucking him... aren't you?" he asked, looking back at me. I couldn't bear to look at him, and shifted my gaze to the side. He scoffed. He knew how to take that as an answer. "I don't fucking get you sometimes...." he growled, and he grabbed my left hand, shoving it in front of my face. "Do you see those rings on your fucking finger?" he spat. I blinked my eyes to try and subdue the tears that I felt were coming. I completely forgot that I was still wearing my wedding and engagement rings. "Do they not mean anything to you? Seven years Vik... and you're just gonna throw that all away? I fucking love you, god damnit!" he shouted. I winced again like I had done earlier.

"Brian, I told you... We're done and over with. I just can't deal with all this shit you've put me through," I whispered.

"We are not fucking over Victoria!" he shouted again; he had back me into the side of Matt's house and was now pressing against me. "We can make this work," he said through gritted teeth as he put his hands on either side of the house. He was fencing me in.

"I already tried to make it work Brian. There's nothing more that can be done, I'm sorry," I whimpered.

I watched as Brian's face turned stony, and he punched the house next to my head. This prompted Matt to come outside.

"Brian, back the fuck off her," he said calmly.

Suddenly, Brian was facing Matt with pure hatred in his eyes. "You," he said as he walked closer. "You fucking stole my wife from me. Some friend you are, Matt," Brian spat at him.

"I didn't steal anything from you. Just because she isn't in love with you anymore doesn't mean shit. She's the one that came to me, and if anyone is at fault here, it's you, Brian. You pushed her away from you. What did you expect was gonna happen?"

"Don't fucking talk to me like that and don't put your hands on my fucking wife again," Brian growled back. He turned to me. "I'll stop by later to drop off Adie... You're nothing but a fucking whore," he spat in my face before he turned and went back to his car before driving away.

Matt walked over to me and wiped the tears from my cheeks. He kissed my forehead and pulled me into him and I wrapped my arms around his waist.

"You okay?" he asked into my hair.

"Yeah, I'll be fine," I replied, but I still didn't pull my face away from him. "He just doesn't get the point... I'm done with him, and he doesn't want to take no as an answer."

It was near-evening when another knock came upon the door. I went and opened it, and there stood Adelle with her things.

"Sweetie, what're you doing out here?" I asked incredulously as I kneeled down to pull her towards me.

"Daddy said that he was going to stay in the car," she replied as I pulled away.

"Oh baby, you didn't have to wait outside and knock. You could have just come right in," I said as I brushed her hair back from her face. She nodded and I picked her up to bring her inside and she took her stuff upstairs.

I sat down next to Matt on the sofa and leaned my head on his shoulder. "He left here there outside the door, and she knocked," I said in disbelief. "Like she thinks she has to ask permission to be here."

"He's just being an ass... He'll get over it," he replied and turned his head. I sighed and smiled as best I could because it seemed that nothing was going right. Matt leaned in and kissed me lightly on the lips. When he pulled away I leaned into him to kiss him again and chuckled.

"Mommy?" I heard Adelle's tiny voice ask from the stairs. I jumped in my skin and turned to look at her. She knitted he eyebrows together.

"Baby," I said quietly, but she turned and ran up the stairs. I closed my eyes and sighed deeply, because like I said, things were not working out too well for me.

I went to stand up to go talk to her, but Matt gently pushed my back down and stood up himself. "You stay and relax... I'll go talk to her," he said, and he went up the stairs.

I sat there waiting and turned the volume on the TV down in case I could hear anything.

"Go away! You're not my daddy!" I heard Adie's voice screech after a couple minutes, and I could have sworn I felt my heart stop. I closed my eyes and ran my hands over my face. I heard a door slam, rather lightly, so I knew it was Adelle that did it.

I stood up and headed up the stairs. As I walked past Matt's room I saw him sitting with his head in his hands on the edge of the bed.

"Hey," I said as I walked in. He lifted his head up slowly and glanced at me. I took a seat next to him.

Matt sighed. "She thinks I'm trying to take Brian's place," he mumbled as he looked down to the floor. I put my arm around him and put my other hand on his cheek, turning his face towards me. I stroked his cheek as he just looked at me.

"Don't worry about her... I'll go see what's up," I said, and I kissed his lips gently. I headed back down the hall to the guest bedroom and I knocked on the door.

"Go away," I heard Adelle's muffled voice.

"Sweetie, it's mom," I said through the door, and then opened it to see Adie sitting at the head of the bed with her arms wrapped around her knees. I shut the door behind me gently and at on the bed. "Tell me what's up, baby," I said quietly. I heard her sniffle and knew she'd been crying.

"I don't want Matt to be my new daddy.... I only want my daddy," she said.

"Sweetie... Matt's not trying to take your Dad's place. You'll only ever have one daddy, and you've already got him."

"Then why were you and Matt kissing? That's what you and daddy do," she mumbled and then looked up at me. It almost looked like she had a glare in her eyes.

"Well... you see, Adie... your father and I aren't getting along and I'm trying to move on. Matt and I have feelings for each other, and there's really nothing we can do about that. But he'll never try to take your daddy's place," I explained.

"I don't wanna live here... I wanna go home and live with daddy," she whispered.

I sighed. "We'll see what we can work out, okay? But for now, it's late and you have to go school tomorrow so it's time for you to go to sleep, okay?" She nodded her head. "Alright, you get in your jammies and brush your teeth and I'll come tuck you in in a little while," i said and kissed the top of her head. She got up and started to get ready and I walked back to Matt's room. He was sitting in the same position as he was when I left him.

I stood in front of him and lifted his chin so he was looking at me and he wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer.

"Everything is fine now..." I said and leaned down to kiss him again. I just couldn't get enough of Matt's kiss and I wanted to just do it all day and all night. I guess it didn't really bother me that I'd been living at his house for only a week, and that we had already hooked up in that short amount of time. We were both adults; we could handle that situation just fine.

"Where are you gonna sleep?" he asked.

"I dunno... Do you want me to sleep in here with you?"

"Whatever makes you feel comfortable," Matt shrugged and I ran my fingers lightly through his hair.

"Okay... I'll be right back," I smiled and leaned down to kiss him. I went to pull away and Matt just pulled me closer and kissed me again. I smiled and pecked him a couple times.

"I like kissing you," he whispered against my lips.

I laughed. "I like kissing you too," I said. "I'm gonna go see her off to bed and I'll be right back," I said, and Matt let me go.

When I went back to the guest room, Adie was already sitting in the bed, waiting for me. She laid down and faced me and I kneeled next to the bed. "I love you baby," I said and leaned in to kiss her forehead.

"I love you too," she said quietly, and then yawned.

"Sleep tight, I'll see you in the morning," I said and then stood up to go back to Matt.

"Mommy, aren't you sleeping in here?" she asked.

"Well... I was gonna sleep in the other room, unless you want me to sleep in here."

She nodded and I told her I'd be right back before heading into Matt's room again.

"She wants me to sleep in there tonight..." I sighed as I entered his room.

"That's fine... I figured she would after that whole... thing," he shrugged.

"I'll see you tomorrow," I said and I kissed him for the millionth time that day.

"Mmm... you might not. I'm back in the studio tomorrow. The CD's almost done though. I'm thinking it'll be done by next week and then we can start making copies and get them all shipped out."

"Oooh... You know what? I wanna come and watch," I smiled.

"Well, you can come in whenever you want."

"Okay. Goodnight."

"Night," Matt said, and I walked back to Adie's room. I got under the covers next to her and laid there thinking for awhile.

Things were frustrating the way they were. What I didn't know then was that things were only going to get worse, and fast.