Status: Complete

Allow Me To Introduce Myself

One

I’ve been with a lot of guys in my life. I suppose people would call me a man-whore, but really I’m not. None of them made me feel anything to make it worth keeping them around. That is, until I met you.

I watched you walk in with a group of your friends. Let’s face it, you were hot, but there was something else about you. A vulnerability. I wanted to get to know you.

I knew it wouldn’t be allowed. I was working and you looked young. Well, not illegal, but younger than would be appropriate. I was allowed to flirt with customers. It helped bring them back. It would have to be up to you to come over to me.

I stood up at the bar serving drinks to the few people sitting there. Most of the people came here to dance, not to drink.

I watched you from my perch as you danced with your friends and the strangers who came over to you. My shift would be over soon, and then I would make my move.

As the clock ticked closer to two, I served a few more drinks. The sooner the bar closed the better. Our DJ played until three for the ones who only came here to dance. Most nights I went home right after my shift, but tonight was different. I had my eye on someone. You.

The way I figured it, I would casually saunter over and ask if you wanted to dance, or maybe one of your friends.

Once the clock struck two, I went to my locker in the back. I always kept a change of clothes in there in case I wanted to dance when I got off. I checked my appearance in the mirror and walked out to the dance floor.

Heads turned to look at me, but I didn’t pay them much attention. I was a pretty attractive guy; I was used to people staring. That’s when my eyes locked onto yours. You blushed, noticing I saw you looking at me.

I kept walking in your direction. When I was in front of you, I calmly asked, “Want to dance?”

You nodded and we walked to an empty space on the dance floor.

We started dancing.

“Allow me to introduce myself, I’m Travis,” I said.

“I’m Ashton.”

“That’s an unusual name. I like it.”

“It’s a little girly. So, what’s a guy like you doing in a place like this?”

“Well, I work here, but I felt like dancing.”

He blushed again.

“What are you blushing for?”

“You work at the bar, don’t you?”

I nodded, “Yeah, why?”

“No reason.”

“I just met you and I can tell you’re lying. I could just go ask one of your friends if you won’t tell me.”

He looked mortified.

“Don’t do that. They’ll tell you way more than you need to hear.”

I chuckled, “Maybe that was the point.”

“If you stop threatening to have my friends tell you all of my secrets, I’ll tell you.”

“Fine, I won’t ask your friends about you.”

“When we walked in, my friend Sam pointed you out and said you were cute and I should go for you. I was too nervous to go talk to you.”

“If I hadn’t been working, I would have come up to you right away. I haven’t been able to keep my eyes off you since you walked through the door.”

“Really?”

“Yeah. You’re hot. How old are you?”

“Nineteen. How old are you?”

“Twenty-five. I feel ancient.”

“You don’t look ancient. Do you want to get out of here? It’s hard to talk with the music.”

“Sure. We could go back to my place.”

“That sounds great. I just have to tell my friends I’m leaving.”

“Okay. I’ll meet you by the door.”

A short while later, I saw Ashton walking towards me and smiled. We walked out of the club together and to my car.

We got to my apartment after about a five minute drive. Once we were inside, Ashton got up the nerve to kiss me and it escalated from there.

When we were done, we lay next to each other on my bed and talked. I somehow didn’t expect it to go any farther. It never does.

It’s been six months since that night and I’m still with Ashton.

We had gone out with his friends for the night. It was my night off, but they wanted to go dancing. Out of all the clubs we could have gone to, they chose the one I work at. Normally, it wouldn’t bother me, but I didn’t want to work and we had been short staffed for the past week since Jason moved out of town and quit.

We got in just fine and immediately went out to the dance floor.

All of us, not just Ashton and I, started dancing around like we didn’t know what we were doing. It caused people to take pity on us and try to help us “learn to dance”. It was really just a ruse to hook up our single friends for the night. Sometimes it lasted longer, others it didn’t.

Surprisingly, by the time we left the club, I hadn’t been asked to work. Ashton and I drove to the apartment we now shared.

I showered and brushed my teeth, getting ready for bed.

I crawled under the blankets and cuddled up to Ashton.

“Goodnight, Ashton,” I whispered in his ear.

I didn’t expect him to turn towards me with a serious look on his face.

“Did I do something wrong?”

“No. I just had a question for you.”

“Okay?”

“What are you passionate about?”

“You,” I answered without hesitation. It was true.

He thought for a little while before he spoke up again, "Passion makes the world go round. Love just makes it a safer place."

I looked at him; I wasn’t expecting something this deep from him. He was usually so carefree.

“Travis, I think I’m falling in love with you.”

I smiled and kissed him.

He blushed, even after all this time.

“I know I’m falling in love with you, Ashton.”

His eyes lit up and he kissed me again.

“Let’s go to sleep. It’s been a long day and I’m beat,” I told him.

He nodded, “Goodnight, Travis.”

“Goodnight, Ashton,” I said before closing my eyes.

I drifted off to sleep, half expecting to wake up and have it all be a dream.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please :]