Sequel: Such a Surreal Place
Status: Complete with a sequel

It's Almost Easy

Morning Dip

And that was a bad idea. Sure, he was hilariously stupid when he was drunk, but like me, when it came to calling it a night and going to sleep, he became annoying.

“But babe, I haven’t finished it yet...” he slurred as I tried to take the empty bottle of beer out of his hand. He put his hand behind his back and I was pressed up against him, trying to reach it. He kissed (or put his lips to) my forehead and swung his other arm around me.

“Okay, if I give you a kiss, will you give me the bottle?” I reasoned. He stared out into space, considering the option.

“If I can kiss your neck after it,” he said slowly.

“Fine.” He had never kissed my neck before, and maybe it would be better if he did it while he was sober, but I had to get him to bed. He put the bottle on the ground and then held me in both of his arms. The moonlight was shining on us and it seemed almost too good to be true. Apart from the fact he was drunk. He gave me a long drunk kiss on the lips and then started kissing my neck. Unfortunately, this happened to be my favourite place to be kissed, and he soon found that out. I couldn’t help but let out a small moan when he hit my most vulnerable spot and even though it was quiet, he still managed to hear it.

“You like that, huh?” he asked. I quickly picked up the bottle and walked out of the room. I left it on the bench and returned to find him still standing in the same place I had left him with a silly grin on his face. I walked over to my side of the bed and took off my top. “Oh, I see where you’re going with this...” He clumsily pulled his shirt off too and stumbled off to his right. I suppressed a laugh. I put my pyjama top on and then swapped my bottoms as well. He managed to undo his belt buckle and slip his jeans off. I got comfortable under the sheets and he joined me, instinctively holding me close to his body.

“We’re not doing anything, Brian,” I said as he tried to kiss my neck again.

“Huh?” he murmured as he slid his hand down my back. I grabbed it before he got too low. I pushed him away from me. I turned over and shut my eyes. I spent the next hour stopping his wandering hands before he finally fell asleep. Shortly after he started making small snores, I convinced myself it was safe enough to be asleep, and let myself fall into the darkness...

The next morning, I explained what he had done to him. He didn’t seem to think it was that bad. He had been worse, apparently. He suggested we took a quick dip in the freezing lake, to wake us up properly and to feel refreshed. So I got changed into my bikini that I had brought with me (don’t ask why, I do realise it is winter...) and chucked an old jacket over the top, wrapping a towel around my waist. Syn was in his board shorts and also wore a jacket (he carried his towel). He took my hand as we made our way down to the lake.

“Ya know, we could do this without the clothes...” he said mischievously. I looked him up and down, also grinning playfully.

“Could... But I know from past experience that guys naked in freezing cold water isn’t good...” I teased and he laughed.

“Alright, alright... I was just joking anyway,” he said, but I sort of doubted him. We had reached the edge of the lake and were standing under a large tree.

“Race you?” I dared.

“Okay. What’s the loser have to do?” I had got his attention.

“Ummm...” I halted and thought about it... I looked up at the tree above us and concentrated. Then it hit me. “Jump into the lake from that branch up there.” I pointed to the thin branch that hung over the lake.

“No way! It’s too shallow there!” he declared and I shrugged.

“You in or not?” I asked and took a step closer to him. “Live a little.”

“Fine,” he said sternly. “Ready?” I nodded and he shouted out ‘go!’ I thought I had this won, but he somehow managed to strip and run quicker. He jumped into the lake and water exploded everywhere around him. I giggled as I flung myself into the water next to him.

“How did you win that?” I asked as I flicked my drenched hair out of my face.

“You obviously underestimated the power of a man to take his clothes off as fast as possible when around a woman,” he said seriously, but when I cracked up laughing he did too.

“You cold?” I asked after the laughter had ceased. I paddled over to him and he randomly tackled me, taking my under the water. When he pulled me back up, he gave me a long kiss. “You are awesome...”

“I know... But you have a dare to do now,” he said, grinning wickedly. I broke away out of his arms and we moved out of the chilly water. He helped me up the first part of the tree and I climbed out onto the branch that extended over the lake. “Be careful!”

“I am!” I yelled back. I dared myself to look back down at him. He was waiting back at the trunk of the tree, but I could tell he had suddenly become very worried about me. I jumped off the branch and fell into the water.

He was right.

The water was too shallow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for all the lovely comments :) I really appreciate it.

Favourite part of this chapter?
Any thoughts at all that you have, leave a comment!