Sequel: Such a Surreal Place
Status: Complete with a sequel

It's Almost Easy

Cast Signing

“Oh my God...” Zacky muttered when I hobbled into the studio on my crutches.

“What did you do to her, motherfucker?” Matt laughed at Syn as he shut the door behind me.

“I swear it wasn’t me!” Syn defended himself as Jimmy tried to steal one of my crutches. I accidentally whacked Johnny with the other one. Chaos continued for a few minutes and then they let us explain what had happened to my ankle.

“So, here’s a pen – start signing it,” I said holding out a permanent marker to the band. Johnny grabbed it first, bent down to the ground and read out loud what Syn had already wrote.

“X-mas ’06 & New Yearz – best time of my life babe xo. Heart Syn,” he said and then looked up at Syn who was sitting next to me with his arm around me. He said sarcastically, “Very imaginative...” He signed it ‘J.C.’ with a quick pic of a stick figure with a Mohawk. Jimmy signed his whole stage name (The Reverend Tholomew Plague) around the bottom of my cast (which took up a lot of room).

“What the hell am I meant to write?” Matt smiled as he got handed the pen. I shrugged and he stroked his chin, thinking hard. He whispered something to Zacky who nodded and smirked evilly. Soon, they were pinning Brian down (with the help of Johnny) and Matt drew a fake Mexican curly moustache on him. I must admit, he did a pretty good job, despite Syn struggling. Then Matt drew a picture of Syn with his fake moustache on my cast and wrote under it ‘I blame this man 4 this cast – he will pay 4 his crime’ and drew a small smiley face.

“I really have no idea what to do now, unless you want a ‘tache Ash,” Zacky joked. He signed it (with his awesome signature) and then wrote ‘guitarists r good’ (he crossed out good) ‘AWESOME in bed’ with a winking smiley.

“What are you trying to imply?” I asked and he gave a small smile.

“Just helping out my friend,” he said as he stood up, chucking the pen into my lap. “Which brings me to the question we are all dying to know – why didn’t you two sleep together?”

“There are other ways to enjoy someone’s company, ya know,” I answered.

“And jumping out of trees and breaking yourself is your idea of ‘enjoying someone’s company’?” Matt asked, making little quotation marks in the air with his fingers. Everyone laughed except for Zacky. He was tuned out of the conversation.

“Yo Zacky!” I said and he slightly nodded his head, still staring out into space. “Y’alright?”

“Yeah...”

“You so aren’t. What’s wrong?” I questioned.

“Did he not tell you?” Jimmy whispered to me.

“No. What’s happened?” I replied, also in a hushed voice.

“He caught Gena cheating on him,” Jimmy whispered back.

“No need to whisper – I can hear you,” Zacky said sounding very depressed.

“When did that happen?” I asked, talking at normal volume again.

“Christmas day,” Johnny imputed.

“Yeah. Went to surprise the bitch and she’s in bed with another guy,” Zacky clarified for me and Syn.

“Dude, why didn’t you tell me?” Brian asked, hurt by one of his best friends not telling him something as important as that.

“Didn’t wanna ruin your vacation,” he muttered. “Look, can we stop talking about this? Shouldn’t we be writing a song or something?” He seemed ticked off.

“You’re right. Who came up with an idea during the break?” I asked, taking control as I usually did in the studio. Syn pulled me closer to him. I had felt a sad vibe coming off him since Zacky’s news. I hoped Syn was afraid of losing me. ‘Cause I was afraid of losing him too.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment with your favourite part?
Or improvements?
Just comment with something! Please!