Status: Done.

It's a Syn Loving You

Forgive Me

When I arrived, Zacky met me at the door.

He let me in, grabbed me a beer and took me to the band.

I was greeted with hugs from them all, except for Brian.

He was sitting by himself, head in hands, beer on the table to next to him (surrounded by a few empty bottles).

He didn’t even notice that I had come in.

That was fine by me.

I hung out with the other guys, but mainly Zacky.

After all, I was here for
him.

After about an hour of lame ‘partying’, we headed outside onto the beach where there was a small fire and a few people who I didn’t know.

We sat next to each other on the sand in front of the fire and talked heaps.

Then he left to get himself another beer.

But the man who came back to join me wasn’t Zacky...


Where the hell was he? How long does it take to get a damn beer bottle out of the fridge?

Finally a pair of black jeans plonked themselves next to me.

I continued to stare at the fire, waiting for Zacky to pick up where we’d left off.

He didn’t.

Because it wasn’t Zacky...

Because Zacky doesn’t have those tattoos...

I glanced to my left to see Brian sitting next to me, looking extremely nervous.

Or was he just drunk?

I kept quiet and so did the ‘depressed’ Brian.

Suddenly, he lurched forward.

I looked behind him and saw Zacky standing behind him. He had given him a push with his foot on Brian’s back, probably trying to get him to start talking.

I glared evilly at Zacky, knowing he had set this up.

I really didn’t want to talk to Brian.

“So... How’ve you been?” Brian asked and I rolled my eyes. He wasn’t drunk at all, so he must really be nervous.

“Why does it matter?” I retorted, still not wanting to have this conversation.

“’Cause I care,” he said quite quietly.

“Of course you do,” I said really sarcastically.

Then I turned around and faced Zacky who was still there, observing us.

“What?” he asked as Brian turned to see what I was looking at.

“What are you trying to do?” I questioned, eager to know the answer.

“Trying to get you two to stop hating each other again,” he answered.

“Again?” I asked, confused.

I noted how Brian was keeping quiet.

“Yeah! Bri told me how you two met was in Biology and how you both hated each other. But you got through it and last time I checked, you two had an amazing relationship together!” Zacky exclaimed, getting louder and faster as he continued to talk.

“Key word: HAD!” I screamed back and Brian looked down at the ground, frowning.

It honestly looked like he was going to cry.

“Eva... Please... Forgive me... I’m really sorry about what I did to you...” Brian whispered to himself, gripping his beer bottle so tightly I thought he was going to smash it.

“Why should I forgive you?” I shouted, but then lowered my voice. “You hurt me really badly, Brian...”

“Because I love you...” Brian said as he looked up into my eyes.

I froze.

It had been some time since I’d heard that.

The ‘depressed’ Brian took advantage of my weakness. He leaned over and kissed me gently on the lips.

But then he stood up and walked away, hunched over and looking extremely sad.

Zacky took his place.

“So?” he asked and I looked away.

“I can’t believe you’re that mean to me,” I commented, looking back at him. He had a mischievous grin on his cute face. “I wanna go home.”

“Aw no! Not yet!” Zacky suddenly said urgently, engulfing me in a massive hug. I frowned at him, puzzled by his reaction.

“Why not?”

“’Cause you just got here...” he said, but it wasn’t that convincing. “Come on! You gotta go talk to the rest of the band, they miss you heaps!”

And with that, he grabbed my arm hard and yanked me up off my bum...

Zacky found the rest of the band and we talked for a while, catching up and remembering the good old days.

Brian was nowhere to be seen, but it’s not like I minded.

He said he still loved me.

Was I meant to believe that?

Should I believe in that shit?

He’d cheated on me right in front of me.

There’s no way I could forgive that.

But that kiss he’d given me...

It’s sparked something I’d forgotten we had.

Emotions were coming back to me, and as Zacky drove me home later that night, I became extremely worried about what I was thinking about Brian...
♠ ♠ ♠
Updated because I won't be online for a while. Not happy with the amount of comments, so please make up for it with this update.

Favourite part? Constructive criticism?