My Best Friend Fell in Love with the Boy at the Rockshow

Awakening...

I wake up. Instead of being surrounded by black I'm surrounded by white, which of course means I'm in the hospital.

"Hey...does anyone know where I could get glass of water?" I ask without aiming it towards anyone. I'm still a little confused.

"Hey, she's awake!" I hear a voice say. I think it's Elliot, or maybe it's Michelle. Or maybe I'm just hearing things, who knows.

"Carlee, it's Will. I'm over here, right next to you." he says softly.

"Hi...why are you here?"

"I had to come." he said

"Why?"

"You got hurt, don't you remember?" Will asks. It all comes back to me, like a forgotten nightmare. "Gerard...he made a huge gash on your throat with the knife...he cut your cheek too."

"I...I never knew he would get that way."

"Well he does." he said bluntly, as if he expected it out of him.

"In his defense, I was kind of harsh. I wish he could have taken my words differently. I thought he was OK but I guess not..."

"That's apparent."

"What happened to him...and everyone?"

"Elliot is here with Mikey. Everyone else went to the cafeteria for lunch."

"Hi Caroline." Elliot says.

"Hi." I say softly. After losing a lot of blood, I'm weak.

"Back to my question, what happened to Gerard?" I ask. A long silence follows, then Mikey answers my question.

"He's in the room next door, because after he hurt you, he hurt himself. They're going to put him in a rehab center, to help him with his anger."

"Is he alright?" I ask.

"Yeah...but he's so upset." Elliot says sadly.

"Can I see him?"

"Um...no?" Mikey says as if it's obvious. "We don't know how he'll act, and besdides that you're not well enough to move much."

"Fine, ask him. If he wants to, bring him here. You all can stay while we talk."

"Are you a looney?" Mikey says. He and Elliot look at me and see a confused girl who seems to be asking for a death sentence or something like it. But Will sees otherwise.

"I'll go ask him." Will says, seeing my concern and knowing how sensitive I am. Elliot and Mikey are skeptical, but they don't protest. Soon I hear footsteps and I know Gerard is coming.

"Caroline?" Gerard asks. I look up and see his face, filled with dismay. His arm has one long cut, extending from the elbow to the wrist, that I don't remember.

"Glad you came. I just wanted to tell you something. I never meant to hurt you so much, and I guess I didn't realize what I put you through. But, you need to try and move on...be as strong as I remember you before I left." I say.

"Is that it?" he asks

"Yeah, you can leave if you want." I say, dissapointed. I had high hopes he'd atleast look happier, but his expression hadn't changed. He walked out the door. Then he turned around.

"I'm sorry, I truly am. I'll try harder." And with that, he walked back to his room. I felt a piece of me walk away with him, a piece of me I wouldn't get back.

"You okay?" Will asks

"Yeah, thanks for helping me out with that."

"Anytime." he says smiling. Then I remember something.

"Didn't we have a test today?"

"A life or death situation is more important than a test." he says, recalling what I told him yesterday. I smile at him and he smiles back. It's comforting to have him here, Elliot and Mikey too. I just hope Gerard sorts himself out.
♠ ♠ ♠
I just wanted to let all you guys who read know that anytime you want to make a suggestion too add to the story, feel free! Thanks for reading, I'm up to two stars now...YAY!