My Best Friend Fell in Love with the Boy at the Rockshow

Hopeless...

The band members came a few days ago. Although it was aukward, Gerard and Will managed to get along. I was super happy! Afterall, who doesn't want world peace?

"Hey, Carlee do you have any idea what the answer to this question is?" Will asks. We work on homework together a lot.

"Yeah!"

"Really?"

"Nope, not a clue." I say laughing. Will is super gullible. Sometimes he doens't detect sarcasm as quickly as others, although he doesn't hesitate to use it himself.

"I'm going to work on my art homework now, this is too frustrating!"

"Kay." I say. Will is an excellent artist, so when they adding art to the ciriculum he immeditely signed up. Me on the other hand...well....to put it bluntly I can't draw a straight line.

"Can I see what you're working on?" I ask

"No...I...um...you just can't see it." he says shyly.

" The work you do is always great! Show me, please?"

"Um...I dunno..."

"Okay, I'll come see it for myself!" I say, quickly sliding towards him before he can protest. He's almost finished drawing a beautiful cheetah. He captured the grace and calmness of the creature perfectly.

"Oh my gosh, it's beautiful. I knew it would be, although I thought you mostly drew elephants."

"After I checked it in as homework, I was going to suprise you with it."

"Wow, that's the sweetest thing!" I say, and before I know it, we're kissing. After we break apart, he smiles.

"So, am I any good?" he asks laughing. I laugh too. Just as I'm about to reply, my cell phone rings.

"Hold on a sec, I gotta take this."

"Who is it?"

"Elliot."

"Didn't you already talk to her today?" he says curiously

"Yeah, I wonder what she needs." I say, and open up my phone.

"What's up?"

"Caroline, I'm so sorry but you need to come to the bus right now." she says

"Uh...I know it's Bob's birthday tomorrow but I can't come, I have a final to take." I say. Wow she called me for that?

"This isn't about Bob, it's Gerard." she says urgently. My heart skips a beat. What the heck has he done now?

"Where are you?"

"Just outside the Florida border." she says, quickly giving me some directions.

"I'm coming." I say, and hang up.

"What's going on?" Will asks with a suspicious look in his eye

"I'm sorry, but I have to go."

"We have a final tomorrow!"

"I think a life or death situation is more important than a test." I say bluntly, grabbing my coat. I tell him there's a problem with Gerard, and ask him I can borrow his car.

"You can use it. Call me when you get there" Will says sadly. I know he's still anxious about Gerard.

"You know I will." I say, walking out the door of Will's dorm. After about and hour and a half, I manage to find the bus. I sloppilly park Will's car and run up to the bus door, letting myself in with the key I have. When I walk in, everything seems normal. Hearing me come in, Michelle comes and gets me.

"Follow me, Gerard's in the bathroom..." she says, sounding worried. Why the heck is he in the hall bathroom, of all the places to hide out? When we reach the closet, I see everyone crowded around it. Elliot is red eyed, almost as if she was crying. Bob, Ray, and Frank are standing quietly by the open door. I hear Mikey and Gerard's voices.

"Put it down, everything is okay." Mikey is saying as calmly as possible

"No" is the frim response. I walk into the small bathroom to a frightening scene. Mikey was pale to begin with but right now his skin is chalk white, and his eyes show his fear. Gerard has a kitchen knife and is holding it out to keep Mikey away from him. Gerard has three long cuts on his wrist, one of which was bleeding freely.

"Gerard, what are you doing?" I say quietly. He looks up and stares at me.

"Stay away, or you'll be sorry." he says, scaring the life out of me. But, I know I have to try and help.

"Gerard it's okay, I don't know what's going through your mind but I'll help you."

"You can't help me!" he says angrily. Suddenly, he runs towards me and grabs my arm and holds it behind my back.

"Gerard, let her go!" Mikey says.

"No." he says plainly. As he says this, he lifts the knife to my throat.

"Gerard...why...?" I ask

"Do you know all the pain you've caused me? Of course not, you're too busy living in your fantasy world, having the time of your life." he says, sounding more upset than angry. Before I can say anything, I feel the knife cut into my throat and my world goes black.