Status: Active!

Double the Trouble

Fight

Alyssa’s POV

Emily urged me home, telling me to park the car in the driveway. I wasn’t sure what she was planning but she had that mischievous glint in her eyes that she always had before she did something horrible. I don’t particularly enjoy her endeavors but I have to admit they kept me on my toes.

As soon as we got home, I parked in the driveway like she told me to. As soon as my keys were out of the ignition, Emily bolted from the car. I quickly got out and caught up to her since I knew her all-too-well and saw that she was up to no good.

“Em, where are you going?” I asked abruptly, noticing the familiar path; I just hoped she wasn’t going to do what I thought she was since she only had one good arm.
I was given no proper response to my question and had to jog to keep up with her long strides. Although we were the same height, her legs seemed to carry her much farther than mine. I was not happy with where I saw her going. “Emily!” I called.

She strode right up toward Embry’s house and knocked on the door. Embry’s mother answered with a smile when she saw me behind my sister on the steps. “Hello Alyssa, Emily. What brings you here? Embry isn’t home.” I sighed in relief. “He’s at Sam and Emily’s house for dinner.” She informed us and I tensed up, knowing Em wouldn’t hesitate to make a scene over there.

“Thank you Mrs. Call. We’re going over to see him now.” Emily said curly and went angrily down the stairs, ready to rampage.

I gave Mrs. Call a quick hug and waved to her, “Sorry.” I called to her and ran after Emily, grabbing her hand. “Come on Em, there’s no need for this. Let’s just go home!” I stated as we came up on the humble abode of Sam and, his wife, Emily. She shook her head, not giving in and knocked heavily on the door. My face drained of all color, paling drastically, as Emily Uley opened the door.

She smiled brightly, “Hello. You must be Alyssa and Emily. It’s nice to meet you.” I felt sick as soon as she ushered us into her home, seeing the large men huddled in the living room just waiting for dinner to be complete. All eyes came to us as we came in and I hid behind Emily, holding onto her and whispered pleads for us to leave and never come back. She ignored all that I had said and pushed me off her arm. I stumbled backward and caught myself on the wall with the help of Mrs. Uley.

“Embry!” My sister’s voice boomed, showing her anger. “You’re a dead man.” Her voice switched to a dark tone when she said this. I felt my eyes go wide, knowing this wouldn’t turn out well for either of them.

Emily’s POV

“You bastard!” I started. “Who the hell do you think you are?!” I continued, walking towards him with clenched fists, “Alyssa is your best friend! She has been for years! How the fuck can you just drop a friend like that?!” I began pushing him back with my good hand, glaring hard at him.

“Emily… Stop.” Alyssa pleaded feebly. “Please.”

I shook my head and pushed Embry again, “You’re such a fucking asshole! Look at all she’s done for you; if it weren’t for Alyssa where would you be right now?!” I pried, “Huh?!” I paused, waiting for his answer; he and everyone else was silent, beside Alyssa who I could tell was crying by the door where I had left her. “Give me one good reason as to why you dropped her as a friend! One good reason, is that too much to fucking as for?!” I growled, pulling my fist back to punch his face but someone grabbed my waist and pulled me back. I struggled and reached for Embry, hoping to catch his neck so I could attempt to strangle him. “Let me go! He deserves to get beaten to a pulp! He deserves to physically feel what Alyssa feels emotionally!!!” I yelled, my eyes blazing with anger as I clawed at my assailant’s arm to get him off so I could get back to Embry.

Whoever it was had dragged me outside and set me on the porch; by then I stopped struggling and began to regain my composure but I wished that I had at least put a scratch on Embry… He deserved all the abuse that was coming to him. I heard Sam’s voice right after I had made it outside, “That was wrong of you to jump at him like that.” He stated.

I shook my head. “You’re defending that asshole after he hurt my sister… She’s my twin, I can feel her pain.” I argued. “No way in hell will I let him get away with that!”

Suddenly I heard the door open and out came Emily Uley and one of the guys with my crying sister in their arms. She was crying hysterically and immediately my anger subsided and I went to her. I took her into a sisterly embrace, feeling bad that it was me who scared her into crying this much. “I’m sorry.” I murmured to her and she nodded in response. “Let’s go home.” I told her and she nodded once again.

I looked at Sam seriously, “Tell Embry he has to fix this. I will be back if he doesn’t.” I stated before slowly taking a crying Alyssa down the path and away from the Uley household; away from the one person I wanted to hurt the most right now. Embry Call was at the top of my hit list and if I had my way, my sister would no longer have to cry over him – whether he was alive because he fixed the problem or dead because he did nothing to change it.

During the slow walk home Alyssa had calmed down and reduced her crying to small sniffles. My mind wandered back to the doctor at the hospital; Dr Carlisle Cullen. I looked over at Alyssa and sighed, “Lyss… Can I talk to you about something?”

She looked over and met my eyes, nodding. “Of course, you can talk to me about anything.”

I paused and thought for a moment on how to word my thoughts; I never did that well with words, when I talk my thoughts come out in a jumble. Sometimes not in the order I plan. “You remember the doctor; from the hospital?” I asked.

“Yes, of course; Dr Cullen.” She answered in a confident tone. “He was a nice man.”

“Well I,” I paused and thought about it, afraid to hear her reaction. “I think I have a crush on him… I saw him and poof; it was like I was hit by a truck with these feelings. It was really odd… I just… I’m not sure if this is a normal crush. What should I do Lyss? What if he has a wife? I’d be crushing on a married man!” I ranted, surprised at myself for the thought. Alyssa was silent as we walked; she was probably trying to process what I had said. “Alias,” I started, using the nickname I had come up with a while back, “say something…”

Alyssa stopped beside me and I followed her actions. Her head turned to look at me. “A crush on Dr Cullen?” She asked curiously, “Danger, I think he might be a little old for you… Are you sure about this?” She asked, using her nickname she had for me.

Positive.” I stated and we continued on our way home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone! Alyssa and Emily here!

WHEW! This one was filled with DRAMA!

Haha! Anyways, we wanted to thank our very first commenter; DemonicAngelOnEarth! :D
Thanks so much to her! We thank all our commenters personally and we'll probably thank you in the author's note like we did for Simran. :]

Okie dokie, so please, please, please let us know what you think! Even with a simple comment saying you like it or commenting on a part of it or constructive criticism (which is welcome; I'm an amateur here people) or anything you can think of! :D

We'll be working on more for all of you to read! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and the others before it!
Comments and Subscriptions = Love, Happy Authors, Personal Thank-Yous, and maybe even MORE UPDATES!!!!

Your Happy Authors,
Alyssa and Emily