Status: Active!

Double the Trouble

Rants and Lectures

Alyssa’s POV

I had been cooped up inside the house all day, but figured I had to get out, so a walk would do me good. Now, how I ended up walking towards Embry’s house was not my doing, it had to be my subconscious.

Embry and I had been best friends for a long time. We would always joke around and have fun together but as of lately he’s been MIA. I haven’t talked to him for weeks, he had disappeared from my life and I could tell he was avoiding me. I lived close enough to him; it wasn’t like I lived in California or Oregon. Thinking about him made me mad, I just couldn’t believe after all these years of friendship that he would abandon me like that.

I caught a glimpse up ahead of a few huge guys – huge as in tall and muscular – playing around. I had planned on ignoring them but once I got close enough I recognized someone. “Embry.” I said aloud and clenched my fists in anger. I charged up to him and reached up to his shoulder to turn him around. He turned quickly, grabbing my wrist in surprise and once his eyes caught mine he stopped. “Let go.” I hissed, glaring at him. His friends began looking at the two of us.

Embry finally let go and I began my rant, “How dare you abandon me! After everything we’ve been through! We’ve been friends for years and you think you can drop me just like that?! What the heck is going on in that head of yours, Embry?!” I glared at him, only pausing to catch my breath and gave neither him nor his friends any time to butt in. “I can’t believe you! You leave one day and never bother to call or stop by to tell me you’re okay? I came by a week ago and was shooed off by one of your friends over here!” I pointed towards one of the men behind him, recognizing him as the one to tell me to back off and go away. “I was told I wasn’t wanted here! Do you know how that makes me feel?!” I paused to relax myself then continued, “If Emily were here she would kick your butt and you know it! You better be darn glad I’m the one who saw you and not her!” I told him, pushing him a little and growled at him when he laughed. “You’re laughing at me? Are you mental?!” I made a noise of frustration that was soon interrupted when my phone went off. I answered it quickly, still glaring at Embry. “Hello?” I asked.

“Miss Avery? We have your sister here at Forks Hospital.” My facial expression went blank. “She’s fine, but we’d like you to come here and take her home when the doctor permits.”

“I’m on my way.” I said and hung up then glared at Embry again, “This conversation isn’t over.” I said and pushed him back a bit before storming off to get the car from the house.

I heard the guys behind me start talking to Embry. “Dude, you pissed her off.” Thanks captain obvious.

“Fuck Embry, what a way to-…” Another started, but Embry told him to shut up. His voice was like music to my ears but I was mad at him and I wouldn’t let other feelings get in the way of that; not until he apologized. For now, I have a sister to find at the hospital and then lecture until she’s deaf; my problems with Embry Call can wait...for now.

I had long since made it home after sprinting the whole way and jumping hastily in the car. I wasn’t going to waste time getting to the hospital to find out if what the lady on the phone said was true. As bad as it sounds, I don’t really trust the woman at the hospital; she could be lying to me for all I know.

I raced to the hospital, thanking God that I hadn’t been pulled over for speeding. After parking, I ran into the hospital and up to the counter. “I’m here for Emily Avery.” I told her hastily.

The woman looked up at me and raised an eyebrow. “Relation?” She asked. Had she not seen my sister? We may not have been identical but we sure as heck didn’t look like we weren’t family at all.

“I’m her sister.” I told her, trying to speed things along rather than critique her on her etiquette.

“Name?”

I sighed, “Alyssa Avery. Can I go see her now?”

“I’m going to have to go speak with her doctor first.” She told me, standing up and leaving the desk. I looked around and saw a nurse standing in the lobby.

I ran up to her, “Excuse me ma’am. I was called to come here for my sister, Emily Avery, do you know what happened?”

“No sweetie, but that boy right there knows. He called 911.” She informed me, pointing to a bored looking guy sitting in the waiting room.

I nodded to her and smiled, “Thank you.” Sighing, I walked over to the boy and stood in front of him. “Excuse me,” I said, “That nurse said you know what happened to my sister?”

He looked up in surprise. “It’s not my fault I swear!” He told me, his eyes wide. Wow. Am I really that scary?

“Can you just tell me what happened? Please? I’d like to know before I go in there and lecture her ear off.” I said, clearly annoyed that I even had to say it.

“Well, I dared your sister to climb up this tree just across from the park. I figured she would chicken out and I would get the 10 bucks she promised me, but she went and climbed it anyways. I was fishing in my pocket for 10 bucks to give her when she finally got down and stopped gloating. When I looked up she was started to come down and lost her footing and fell from the top. I called 911 right when it happened, I swear!” He told me.

I sighed to myself and waved him off, muttering a thanks before I was taken back to see my sister. I was angry with her for being so stupid but more upset that she was hurt. “Em, are you crazy?” I asked as soon as I walked in and saw the neon green cast clad on her arm.

“Nice to see you too, sis.” She said with a grin.

Emily’s POV

“Em, are you crazy?” Alyssa asked as she walked in. That immediately made me grin.

“Nice to see you too, sis.” I stated.

“Don’t give me that! Are you crazy? What were you even thinking? No, you weren’t thinking! That always seems to be your downfall!” She ranted and I sighed, sitting back and relaxing as she went on. So much for me being the older twin. If she didn’t get it out now, I’d get it worse later. “Climbing a fricking tree….for $10! Goodness, sometimes I wonder if that’s the only motivation you need. You know, you don’t have to follow through when someone dares you! You can always flip them the bird and walk away! I’m surprised you haven’t already.” She sighed and looked at me seriously. “You could have killed yourself! Do I need to get you a 24-hour babysitting…? I can, you know! I would do it if that’s what you-…” She was suddenly cut off by a musical voice; I was mesmerized by it.

“Excuse me ladies. I’m Dr Carlisle Cullen. How are you feeling?” He asked stiffly, seeming uncomfortable.

“I’m fine. It’s been worse.” I told him, tilting my head a little in amusement.

“I – you can leave when you’re ready Miss Avery.” I nodded slowly yet reluctantly. He was beautiful but he had to be about 26 or so. To my disappointment, he also had to be married; no one with his looks could be single. He looked nervous when he looked at me and didn’t look like he was breathing. He quickly signed a paper and handed it to my sister. “This is for a pain medication.” He said curtly and walked away as soon as it had come out.

“Are you ready?” Alyssa asked, suddenly looking upset.

“What happened before you came?” I asked, knowing her all-too-well.

“Embry.” She answered softly, her eyes watering as she walked out. I followed behind her in concern.

“What did he do?” I asked, my voice at a loss for emotion.

“I confronted him today and he laughed at me; so much for being best friends.” She said, walking out to the parking lot after signing a paper at the front desk; I was given a sling as well, one I probably would never wear if I had a say in it.

“He’s a dead man.” I said curly and got in the car with her. We were soon riding toward our home that straddled the border to Forks and La Push; all the while thinking of a certain Dr Carlisle Cullen but pushed those thoughts away and began devising a plan to kick Embry’s ass. He wouldn’t be laughing when I was done with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Emily and Alyssa here again. WELL WE DID IT , THE FIRST CHAPTER IS OUT :D Comments would so awesomely make our day. So if you want more chapters comment comment comment oh and suscribe.
Comments and Subscriptions = LOOOOVE! And Happy Authors! It's really encouraging.
We'd also like to thank those who already have subscribed! It'd be nice to know who you are so we can recognize you for your awesomeness!
We are, however, still waiting for our first commenter! Will you be the one? Haha!
Thanks to all who are reading! :D

Your lovely authors,
Emily and Alyssa