Status: Not sure.

Wake Up

Chapter One.

"You need to stop this, Adam," Neil sighed, "I'm not so sure I even know you anymore."

Adam didn't even respond, he stared at his shoes through his hair, playing with his fingers nervously. "I can't do it, Neil," he grunted, his voice hoarse. "I'm not so sure I even know myself."

He stood up, and stalked out of the room, tears glistening in his eyes that he refused to let fall. The truth of his own words killed him even more than the words from his best friend.

Now he was in Neil's living room, and he almost was unable to hold back a flood of tears as he glanced at pictures of them together in high school hanging on the walls. That Adam Gontier seemed to have disappeared, along with his smile. Everyone who knew him missed it, including himself.

Adam grabbed his jacket from the back of a chair, and threw it on. Neil had quietly followed him, and was now right beside him. "I know you miss him," Neil whispered to his friend, "in fact, I miss the old Adam myself."

"Yeah, well, he's gone," Adam stated, "and so is Naomi. She kicked me out, Neil. I'm living in an apartment not far from here."

"Adam... I'm sorry."

"Don't be, I've done this to myself."

With that, he opened the front door and left without looking back at his best friend wearing a hurt expression because of him. He sighed; this was his fault.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmm, well, yesterday was Adam Gontier's birthday. I wrote this about him and it was originally gonna be a oneshot, but I decided to make it a story.
Comments would be appreciated, and subscribers.