Sequel: Hidden in the Shadows
Status: Completed :) Onto the sequel!!

Playing the Game of Love

Chapter Twenty-Four

November 5th, 2010
Friday
Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
8:00 A.M.

Milan walked into the hospital at 8:00 that morning, anxious to see Raina. He walked up to the desk and said

“I’m here to see Raina Julien.” The woman checked her computer and said

“Her parents and a couple of friends are visiting her right now, there’s only four people allowed in at a time.” Milan sat in the waiting room he’d been in last night.

Raina had just finished eating breakfast when her door opened and her parents, Tuukka, and Jasmiina walked in. She smiled and said

“Hi guys,” her mother and father hugged and kissed her. Then came Tuukka, giving her that lopsided smile he always did.

“Thank you sooo much for getting me here Tuuk, I know you hate blood. You’re one of my best friends!” He came forward and she tightly wrapped her arms around his waist in a hug.

“It was no problem; I wouldn’t of let you lay there a bleed out.” He hugged her back and then said, “What happened to Milan?” Tuukka quietly stood up and gave her a warning glare and mouthed ‘tell you later.’

Jasmiina came and hugged her and then her parents and Tuukka gave her the gift they had bought her together, a set of necklace and earrings from her parents, and flowers with a big teddy bear with the letters ‘Get Better’ on the belly from Tuukka and Jasmiina.

“I really do owe my life to you,” said Raina to Tuukka.

“It’s fine, although I do have to get my back seat cushion replaced because of all the blood that soaked into it.”

“I’ll pay for it,” said Raina.

“No, definitely not,” said Tuukka. The five talked some more and then they told her they’d be back at 3:00 to pick her up and left. Raina was about to turn on the TV when the nurse came in.

“You have one more visitor,” confused Raina sat up again. Who could it be? Maybe it was Vlad. When the door opened and Milan walked in. All she could see in her head was him screaming at her and shoving her into the ice. She felt a rush of fear come over her. She backed further up onto her bed and said

“Don’t come near me,”

“Raina I-”

“Get out;” she said in fearful voice, “You could have killed me!” Looking hurt and distraught Milan said

“I’m so sorry Raina, I never meant for any of this to happen, I love you,” and then he left. Raina slumped back down in her bed. She felt like a jerk for telling him to leave. But he had seriously hurt her. She decided to call Tuukka and ask him why he had told her not to mention Milan in front of her parents. He picked up and she said

“Hey how come you didn’t want me to mention Milan?”

“Because your parents don’t know what really happened.”

“What? Why!”

“We told them you and Looch were just playing around and you fell accidentally.”

“Why?”

“Because Milan could get in some really serious trouble if your dad and mom got as mad at him as I am. I want you two to get a chance to work things out.”

“Tuukka!!”

“Just try and-”

“He put me in the hospital!”

“I know but I’m sure there’s still a part of you that really feels for him, and I don’t want to permanently rip you two apart.” Raina wanted to argue but knew there was truth in his words.

“Alright” she said.

“Just trust me I would never do anything that I thought would cause you any trouble.”

“Ok,” she said. A nurse then walked in and said

“It’s time to change your bandages,”

“I gotta go, they’re changing my bandages,” said Raina.

“Alright, I’ll see you later, feel better,” said Tuukka.

Later that day her parents picked her up and brought her home. She slept the rest of the rest of the day and woke up the next morning. She was allowed to remove her bandages. She was thankful they hadn’t had to cut off all of her hair but she could pull back her hair and clearly see the long vertical line of stitches running along her head. The doctor had told her to lay low for the next few days and rest her head. She thought it would be a boring next few days but she was very wrong. Raina lay in bed the third day of being home. She was watching TV in her dark room. It was around 6:00 and pouring outside. Her father and mother had gone overnight to Florida to meet with the Bruin’s owner, Jeremy Jacobs. When she heard heavy footsteps coming up the stairs she felt stricken with fear. She shut off her TV and listened quietly as the footsteps began to come down the hallway towards her room. When the door pushed open she saw Milan standing in the doorway holding flowers and looking miserable.

“What are you doing here?” she said in a low voice.

“I can’t stop thinking about you; I don’t want to leave things the way it is between us. A few months ago I tried to deny that I had feelings for you because I was afraid of loosing the friendly relationship we had if you rejected me.” Raina sat up off her pillow. “I hate myself for pushing you like that, I could have killed you. I don’t even deserve to see or talk to you anymore. I’ve been so horrible to you.” He was getting more uptight as he began to pace as he talked. “I brought you these,” he said handing her the flowers. She took them and swallowed unsure of what to say. She thought back to their fight and him calling her a whore. She said

“You still think I’m a whore?” The look of misery deepened on his face and he said

“Absolutely not, I just got so jealous and frustrated that I couldn’t get my feelings for you out and other guys were going after you and taking the opportunity. I hated it.” He sat down onto the edge of her bed. She had her hair up in a messy bun. It gave hi a good look at her stitches. He didn’t want to look at them, or think about how any stitches she had to have put into her head, he had done that damage. It made him feel sick. She noticed him looking and pulled the bun down, releasing her long brown hair, hiding the stitches from sight. They sat in her dark room in the silence of the house. He quietly turned to her and said “Please don’t be afraid of me.” He leaned closer to her, partially lying down onto the bed. Raina got lost in his deep dark brown eyes as they grew closer and closer. She felt drawn to him and leaned forward to meet his lips. Raina had kissed boys. Three times before. The first time at ten years old with a boy back in Hamilton, Ontario that she’d been friends with. The second time with another boy who she’s invited to a dance with in Montreal at the age of twelve. The third time at the age of thirteen in New Jersey with a brief boyfriend. But Milan’s lips and kiss were like nothing she’d ever felt before. He was so soft and gentle, erasing the fearful memories that had been planted in her mind of him yelling at her.

She felt connected to him as his kisses stayed soft but became more urgent. His touch was foreign but comforting. She let out a low moan as she felt an electric current go through her as he ran his hands down her waist to her hips. She grabbed him by the shoulders with the cloth of his shirt and pulled him closer. She wanted more of him.

“I want you,” he laughed and said

“I want you too,” she pulled him on top of her. People had told her all the time to keep her virginity until marriage and in the back of her mind she had always promised herself she’d save it for her wedding night but she couldn’t hold back. She grabbed the top of his shirt and ripped downward. The shirt was long sleeved and a button-up and all the buttons broke off as she exposed his muscled chest. Milan was getting her message and felt a heat wave roll over his body, arousing him and speeding up his heart rate. She lay underneath him, looking irresistible. She began pushing off his ruined shirt, and he let her slid it off of him and toss it to the floor next to her bed. “Raina think about what you’re doing,” he said as she pulled at his thick brown leather belt strapped around his waist. She didn’t answer him and instead slipped his belt off and found the zipper on his jeans. “Are you sure you want this?” he said on the edge of losing all control over himself.

“I’ve never wanted anything more in my life,” she said trying to pull off his jeans. He felt a little afraid to try and pull her shirt off. He desperately wanted to, he’d done it a million times with Brittany, but this was Raina. He knew she was a virgin, she would have told him if she wasn’t. He didn’t want to take something from her she’d regret losing later. He realized that she’d gotten his jeans off and had thrown them aside, leaving him just in his dark blue boxers. She giggled and teased “I’m not taking anything else off unless you take something off of me,” he felt like he did when he had first had sex back in high school with his first girlfriend Caitlyn. He had been nervous and afraid he’d do something wrong. She had been laying there just like Raina was, underneath him, waiting on him to make the next move. He asked Raina again

“Are you absolutely sure?”

“YES, take me,” he still stayed above her not moving. She rolled her eyes at him and said “I’ve fantasized about you before; you don’t think I think about you when I see you half naked in the locker room flexing.” What kick started him into action was when she began to play with him through the thin cloth of his boxers, running her hand up and down in a slow motion. “You’re so big,” she teased. Feeling adrenaline course through him, he grabbed the hem of her shirt and pulled it over her head.
__________________________________________________
Thanks for reading :) I'll be posting everyday now.