Sequel: Ruthless blood
Status: I dont take that long to update.

Running on Adrenaline

Chapter 16: Seize

Waking up was the worst feeling I had experienced in a few days. My head throbbed and it felt like someone was holding my whole body down, I sat up with great difficulty and slowly moved my arms and legs. I blinked a couple of times and opened my eyes to my roommates, fast asleep.

I was thankful I didn’t have to deal with the wrath of Heidi right now. I couldn’t do classes today, and that was for sure, but I still got dressed, tied my messy hair up in a neat bun and wiped my face clear of the remnants of last night. I realized when I was getting dressed that someone must have showered and changed me, without my sober knowledge.

I stepped outside with my books ready for first period, to be completely honest I wasn’t in the mood for whatever I had. But I dealt with it anyway. My head was connected to the desk most of the time and it was only when the teacher called my name, I lifted it.

“Amelia, your needed at front desk” he then carried on with his lesson and I walked reluctantly out, just glad I didn’t have to listen to whatever he was talking about.

When I arrived the Lady there gave me a glance and reached for a package under her desk.
“Something from your mother” she announced happily.

My forehead crinkled in confusion, but I just shrugged and returned the smile.

I dropped my package off in my room and headed for the classroom I was just in. luckily I missed the rest of the lesson in my adventure to the other side of the school and I walked to my next class. The fact that my books were heavy didn’t really help my cranky state, and when someone bumped me, my books fell to the ground. I groaned and looked up to see Heidi.

She genuinely looked sorry, until she saw it was me. Why did she have a problem with me, when it was so obviously clear that I was the only girl in the school not interested in Oli?

“Can you not?” I mumbled under my breath.

“A little hung over dear? We all saw yeh last night, yeh were a hot mess” she winked and continued walking.

I waited until she fully past “Skank” I breathed. Our little argument in the hallway gained listeners and they all looked at me remembering last night, and whispering about how trashy I was.

When it was finally time for lunch I was disappointed that food still made me feel nauseous, my stomach growled and yelled, but I couldn’t bear the thought of swallowing a bite.
We all sat there in the same manner, leaning on the table in front of us and occasionally sipping water.

“Never. Again.” I finally said.

“I say that all the time” Hannah confessed “but it doesn’t stop meh” she chuckled.

“That’s true” Jeremy agreed, his voice muffled while he lay his head on the table.
Brian then sat next to me and smiled widely.

“Bet yeh wished yeh didn’t drink last night” he guessed, and we all nodded rolling our eyes at him.

The end of lunch bell rang and Jeremy and Hannah were the first to make their moves, I was left sitting next to Brian who sat there rubbing his hands together.

I lay my hands on his to steady him.

“What’s wrong?” I asked curiously, immediately taking my hands off his as he flinched.

“I’ve been wanted to ask yeh” he readied himself “Did yeh wanna do something sometime?”

I smiled and faced him “Really?”

He breathed out “Yeah”

“Yeah, yeah that sounds good” I nodded.

“Good, cause I was scared yeh migh’ say yeh didn’t want to”

I was gonna ask why, but I knew better not to.

“Come by the basement and hang with me and the band?” I proposed.

“hhmm” he thought “I’ve got something better in mind, ill come get yeh after practice” I nodded as he left not turning around.

. . .

I was thankful class was over; all I needed was practice with the band now. I needed this stored energy to go somewhere. I walked hastily down the hall and stopped by my room to quickly change; while I was there Heidi was talking to her little minions and stopped when I entered the room. I grabbed some sweat pants and a shirt, then remembered Brian’s plans, so I grabbed my jeans instead and a singlet, as well as an oversized cardigan and some oxfords.

“I get it, it’s not my business” I mumbled, and heard them continue talking when I left. I quickly changed and bailed down to the basement with my uniform stuffed into a bag.
I walked a little slower and my cardigan was grabbed by the sleeve, and I was pulled into a door in the hallway yet again.

“Oli, I don’t know if anyone has ever told you. But pulling people into random little rooms isn’t really a way to make friends”

“Quit yeh sarcastic comments” he ordered “Got anythin’ to report?”

I huffed “Seriously? Couldn’t you have asked me in the hall?”

“I do things meh own way” he explained stepping back and sitting on a box.

“I dunno” I shrugged “she was talking about something and stopped when I got in the room, looked suspicious” I trailed off.

“aight thank yeh anyway” he seemed disappointed.

“Do you want a reason to break up with her or something?” I confronted him.
“No” he shook his head “doesn’t matter”

“Fine, bye” I waved at him.

“Wait; can yeh do me a favour?”

“You do ask for a lot you realize?” I informed him.

“I just need some help in maths” he rolled his eyes “but if yeh too busy” he then yanked at the door and swung it open to leave.

“FINE” I huffed “library now, 1 hour. That’s it”

He smirked, and I gave him a look that made him wipe it right off. Though he was quick to replace it with a smile.

He sat, bored and blankly looked at every question I placed in front of him.
“Look if you’re not gonna cooperate-“ I started.

“ ‘S not my fault, I don’t get it” he snapped, and then fidgeted with the pen in his hands.
I took it slowly, explaining everything and making sure he understood everything before I went on. It was like talking to a wall for half the time, but I guessed he was slowly getting there. And I don’t think my frustrated state was helping. I rolled up the sleeves to my cardigan and continued writing.

He poked at my upper forearm, where an array of scars lay. I hated when people pointed them out, but I froze, not knowing whether I should cover them or just leave them out for the world to see.

“I guessing yeh had a rough time” he said quietly.

I shook my head and pulled my sleeve up to cover the scars “I’m not sure if that’s your business” I blinked and went back to writing some notes.

“I mean for all you know, someone could have attacked me. What makes you think I did it?”

“Wow” he grabbed my arm and pulled the sleeve up “that person had the precision of a surgeon” he referenced to the horizontal lines; he was one of three who didn’t buy that story. Erin, my mum and now him.

I snatched my arm away from him and started to gather my books.

“Is this because of yeh brother? Tom was tellin’ me about it” he said casually, leaning back in his seat.

“If you really do wanna know oli, then yes. I had suicidal tendencies. Tell me, who hasn’t?” I stormed away, pushing my chair in.

“I haven’t” he calmly answered not even watching me leave.

“It was a rhetorical question oli” when I finally exited the library I realized I waster 2 hours trying to explain something to some thick guy who didn’t even care what I was saying.
♠ ♠ ♠
welllll just as things were getting comfortable.
sooo what am i doing wrong ?
what am i doing right ?

THANKYOU for the amazing comments and subs.

i'm gonna go back to chillin' like a villain