Sequel: Ruthless blood
Status: I dont take that long to update.

Running on Adrenaline

Chapter 23: Vingt-trois

I groaned, Hannah sighed and suggested something “Why don’t yeh come with us today Oli?” Hannah asked.

“Hannah-“

“Look, i don’t like him, and you don’t either, but I’m pretty sure yeh feel bad about it” Hannah was right; i looked at Oli who looked like he really didn’t care.

“C’mon Oli” I sat next to him “Let me make it up to you”

He shrugged “Just take meh out before i set her bed on fire”

At that I took his arm and Hannah followed us out, closing the door behind her. With Oli in my hand people stared, questioning me. I let go of him quickly to avoid any further rumours about me.

We walked freely out of the school, being allowed to leave during the weekend. Oli led us towards his car and I sat next to him on the front seat. When he started the car he slammed on the accelerator, at every turn he hooked it tightly and my body slammed against the side door.

“Oli” I said tensely.

He gripped the steering wheel tightly, his knuckles were white and when he came to a stop i pulled on the handbrake.

“I’m driving”

“No” he simply answered.

“That wasn’t a suggestion”

“She drives or we walk” Hannah was ready to leave.

He dropped his head and let go of the steering wheel, I climbed the middle console, and he got out to enter the car on the passenger side. When I got to the driver side, I drove the car with greater caution than he did. Hannah pointed to the roads I needed to run on. We finally reached a town of some sort, there were shops everywhere and it was larger than i imagined it would be. I parked the car close, and we all got out. I threw the keys to Oli and he locked the car.

We walked side by side through the busy streets full of shops and people.

“Wanna check in here?” Hannah ushered towards a shop. I would have happily followed, but I glanced back at Oli to see a bored look on his face.

“I think I’ll stay outside with Oli” Hannah shrugged and entered the store.

Oli slouched and sat on a nearby ledge.

“How’re you feeling?”

He took a few moments to gather his thoughts “Angry, Ame, I’m angry”

“I’m sorry about it but-“

“You sayin’ sorry isn’t gonna fix shit, I gotta talk to Heidi”

I scoffed and rolled my eyes “You’re gonna give her another chance, seriously?”

“Don’t fucking start” he groaned putting his head in his hands.

“No, I’m starting. She’s done nothing but fuck with your mind-“

“But I like her” he rolled his eyes.

“Well then stop liking her” I tried to make it simple.

“Stop trying to make it so simple”

Hannah then reappeared with a bag in hand; she looked from me to Oli.

“How are we gonna take yeh mind off this?”

Oli shrugged and I stood up, lifting him with me.

“Let’s get ice cream” i proposed, Hannah i nodded and Oli cracked a smile.

I sarcastically looked surprised “Did i make Oli smile?” Hannah chuckled and i did too.

“It’s just funneh how you try to make everything simple” he went back to frowning.

“Well everything is always so complex, let’s just keep it simple today”

“Flavour?” I asked Oli, Hannah interrupted “Strawberry for me” she yelled.

I rolled my eyes “Vanilla” Oli stated.

“No problem” i went and bought the ice cream, handing them to Oli and Hannah when i got back. Hannah ate hers happily, while Oli ended up waiting until it melted into his hand.
“Want it?” he offered it to me, i made a face.

“No thanks” i smiled, i took it from him and threw it out “You don’t need to eat if you don’t want to”

He shrugged and looked at my ice cream cone.

“Can I ‘ave a lick?”

“Why is mine different to yours?”

“Cause its butterscotch”

I didn’t ask any further questions, i just handed it to him, still feeling the guilt for what happened earlier.

“I should make yeh feel sorry for meh more often” Oli mentioned.

I glared at him and I heard Hannah laugh from behind me.

The day went by fast, Hannah and I tried our hardest to give Oli reasons to ignore Heidi when he got back to school but he refused to harbour our advice instead planning how he would make her explain it.

I was frustrated as i tried to convince him “Oli you don’t understand what message that gives, it screams ‘walk all over me’ “

“Agreed” Hannah was just as frustrated as I was.

“You don’t understand”

“We don’t understand what oli? Huh?”

I waited for an answer.

“Everyone told me this, everyone said she was gonna fuck me over and they all fucking expected it” he shouted “I don’t wanna give them the satisfaction”

“Is that why you asked me to spy on her?” I said after moments of shocked silence.

“Yes a\Ame, Yes, okay? Happy? You finally know the answer”

“Sorry” i said simply.

“I need a party” he stated just as simply.

“Jeremy just texted meh, hang a left here, and follow the road, there should be a bonfire along it” Hannah reported.

Oli then turned up the radio and we all just sat quietly for the rest of the drive.

I did as Hannah said and we finally arrived at a huge bonfire, the light was so strong i could almost see everything on this pitch black night. I parked the car and we all walked towards the large burning fire.

Brian came out of nowhere and snagged my sleeve, pulling me towards him, until i bumped against his chest. I smiled trying to push away. But he hugged me tightly.

“I was waiting for yeh” he then led me towards Jeremy and Tom who were sitting comfortably next to a box full of any sort of alcohol they desired. I smiled at the sight. But the smile dropped from my lips when i saw Oli walking towards Heidi.

“Oli” i called, he turned and i ushered him to come over to us. But unfortunately, Oli caught sight of Heidi sucking on some guys face, this brought him over to her, separating them and throwing a strong punch in the guys face. Heidi looked surprised and Oli looked at her while shaking his hand from the pain. He shook his head at her and walked in our direction.

He looked at us and looked away, walking towards his car to bail.

“At least he didn’t talk to Heidi” I shrugged.
♠ ♠ ♠
OHHHHH
hope youre enjoying this so far
never short on the drama lately :)
SO TELL MEH, do you like it ?
yes? no?

anywayyy, im gonna go back to listening to M83.