Status: Active, may take a little while to get going as I have exams.

I Know That We Still Got Time, but I Do Not Think We're Invincible.

Sixth.

Freya’s POV:

I was sat in front of the TV with a few comforters over me. It was about 2am and all the shitty programs were being shown, but I couldn’t sleep and didn’t feel like watching a DVD, as I was would probably fall asleep half way through and be really pissed off in the morning when I’d missed half of it.
My cell phone buzzed and I picked it up.
NEW MESSAGE: Gareth.
Trouble sleeping?
Yes. I hate being an insomniac. Why can’t you sleep?

We couldn’t quite see each other from our apartment windows, but we knew which window was which, so could see if the light was on or not.

A lot on my mind. Nothing in particular, but there’s a lot there. I would come over but it’s tipping down with rain.
It’s not raining at all, what are you on about?
Hahah! It’s the TV, my bad. See you in a few, then.

Truth be told, I couldn’t sleep because I was worried sick about Brendon. I’d been dating Gareth for a little over 3 weeks, and during that time he’d returned none of my calls or texts. I’d visited once but Spencer said he was out. I didn’t know if I had done that to him, but I hoped not.

There was a faint tap on the door and I jumped up, opening the door. There stood Gareth in his pajamas and boots, clutching the Muse HAARP live DVD.
“You look like such a fool.” I laughed.
“Yes. You look like a fool too, but I’m the one with the Muse DVD, so who’s the fool now?”
“Still you.” I nodded. “Come in, join the party.”
He scurried in to my apartment and I shut the door. He flicked on a light and I blinked a few times so my eyes could adjust, as prior to this the only light was the one coming from the TV.
“Do you wanna watch the DVD or shall we just have a really long talk? We always seem to fall asleep after one of those.”
“Sure.” I nodded and turned off the TV. I locked the door and switched off all the lights, then held his hand and pulled him into my bedroom. I put my bedside lamp on the lowest setting and he shut the door. We sat on the bed.
“So what’s on your mind that’s keeping you from sleeping?” I asked.
He blushed. “Honestly?”
“Yeah, sure.”
“I’ve been thinking about you a lot lately. You’re taking up all my thoughts.”
“Oh.” I mumbled. “Any reason in particular?”
“You’re my girlfriend, it’s like relationship law that you cloud my mind at all times.” he smiled and kissed my nose, making me scrunch it up. He then kissed my lips several times softly. It became more passionate and he lay down, pulling me on top of him. Gareth slowly pulled one leg around his waist and parted his mouth, so our tongues battled for dominance. He didn’t taste like gum for once, but still minty, like toothpaste.
His hands slid up the bottom of my camisole, tracing the clasp of my bra. Goosebumps spread across my arms as his soft fingers ran along my spine. His lips broke away from mine and I kissed along his neck and collar bone, licking and sucking. He moaned and I blushed slightly, after all, this was my best friend moaning my name. I brought my lips back to his after I was sure I’d left a mark. He kissed my cheek then slowly pushed me off of him so I was laying down next to him.
“I should sleep like a baby now.” he smiled, yawning.
“Same.” I said and kissed his cheek, then pulled the covers over us.
-X-
There was a loud banging on the door. I looked at the time and it read 7:32 AM.
I sighed, kissed Gareth’s cheek then got out of bed. I scraped back my hair and tried to make myself at least a little bit presentable, then ran to the door and opened it.
“Brendon? Oh my goodness! Where have you been?” I said, pulling him into a warm embrace. He didn’t hug back. I let go of him after a few seconds.
“You promised me.” he choked out. “You said you’d be with me, you promise. You lied to me.”
“I didn’t I s-”
“You lied to me.”
I took a closer look at him. He obviously hadn’t shaven in days, probably weeks. His eyes were blood shot from lack of sleep and his hair was limp. The only thing in a decent condition was his clothes.
“What do you want me to do?” I asked, quietly.
“I want you to be with me. I want to wake up and you’ll be there, right next to me. I want to lounge about, watching crappy movies with you and occasionally kissing your cheek. I want you and me to be us. But most importantly, I want you to want me and you to be us. You obviously don’t want me like that, and that’s fine. I just had to tell you.” he said, almost whispering.
“Brendon, please, you have to understand-”
“Oh, I understand. We can’t date because I lied to you time and time again. You’re right, I’m not William Beckett. But you told me time and time again that we would be together. Which was a lie. So really, we’re both in the wrong, but I get nothing, and you get everything. Strange how these things work, huh?” he said, his tone becoming more and more bitter with each syllable.
My eyes glazed over as Brendon put everything into perspective for me. He was right. And even though I hate to admit it, I did prefer the way Brendon treated me. He treated me like a girlfriend; a lover. With Gareth, it was a thing where we kissed for the most part, but it was usually him trying to initiate sex. I wasn’t ready for that with him, and it would take me longer to be ready with him than most people, as he was my best friend.
I held Brendon’s hand in mine. “Can we sort this out?”
He shrugged, no emotions showing.
“Can you give me another chance, Brendon? I want to make you and me an us. I do, honestly.”
“You’re saying that because I made you feel guilty. If he made you feel guilty, you’d go running back to him. It’d be this constant cycle, of you running back and forth, being a little slut.”
Something inside me snapped, crushing my emotions.
“What if I only want to be with you?”
“I’m not going to say no to that, but if you go running back to him that’s it. That’s fucking it, completely over.”
“Can I have time to think about it?”
“No. Make a choice now, Freya.”
I bit my lip and nodded. I’d really hurt him so he was only being fair.
“Hang on.” I said and ran into my room, taking a big breath. I gently rocked him awake.
Gareth’s eyes fluttered open and he smiled. “Morning Freya.”
“This is a horrible awakening, I’m sorry.”
“No, it’s alright.”
“You’ve…” I paused. “You’ve got to go, now.”
“Why?” he pouted.
“Because I don’t want this to be awkward. Gareth, I’m so sorry, but we’ve got to break up.” I said, the last few words coming out as squeaks.
He sat up quickly. “Why? What did I do wrong?”
“Nothing, nothing, it’s me, honestly. Please just go quickly. It’s urgent.”
“I… okay. I’ll talk to you later, I guess.” he said, looking a bit tearful and gathering all of his things, muttering, “I just don’t understand.” over and over again.
He pressed his lips to mine once, letting a tear fall then walking out solemnly.
I scanned the hall way to see if Brendon was there, but I couldn’t see anybody. Had he walked away just like that? What the hell was happening?
I sighed and shut the door of my apartment. I hope Gareth doesn’t hate me.
I screamed when I saw Brendon sitting on my couch. “Where did you come from?”
“My mother’s lady parts.” he said, smirking.
“That’s not what I meant, and just no. Are you happy now? Gareth just moped off all upset because of you.”
“Me? I didn’t do anything. You’re the one that crushed his heart.”
“Can you quit being a jerk and tell me what happens now?”
“You decide.” he shrugged, being very casual.
“BRENDON!” I screamed at him. “You saw what just happened and you sit there being a complete ass! Either continue being the same way as you are now and fuck off or come over here and shove your tongue down my throat!”
He smiled and leapt over the couch, pushing me against the wall, kissing me forcefully and passionately. His stubble scratched against my skin but I didn’t care. I didn’t care anymore. He was in complete control and we both knew it. Before, he needed me. Now the roles had reversed and he was loving it.
Our tongues were pretty much beating the shit out of each other, our hands roaming each other’s bodies. I broke away, both of us breathing very heavily.
“Now that’s what I’m talking about.” I said, my chest going up and down with my breaths.
“Do you need me?”
I nodded quickly. “I need you so much.”
“Do you want me?”
“I want you more than anything, Bren.”
He smiled and kissed my cheek. “Then my work here is done.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry everything is taking so long. I've really deprived mibba lately; my bad.

feedback?(: