Captured

Twenty-Three

Image

Image

I struggled against the man holding me, trying to twist around so that I could get a good punch or kick in.

But the guy held me too tightly, and all I managed to do was force him to tighten his hold.

Which effectively cut off my ability to breathe.

Another guy had just taken an unconscious Mark into an empty warehouse.

It seems our plan of showing Kaden what teamwork was wasn’t such a good idea after all.

We were ambush right after we walked out of the house.

So much for Mark’s security.

But I can’t blame him.

No, the one I’m blaming is my father.

How could he put me through all this?

Well, payback’s a bitch and I’m going to get him back for everything.

Right after I figure out a way to get Mark, Kaden, and myself out of here.

Just as I was about to struggle harder- ‘cause who needs to breath?- the man holding me suddenly pushed me forward.

“C’mon love, into the building you go.”

He pushed me harder, still making sure he kept my wrists tightly locked in his.

We entered the building and the first thing I did was sneeze.

Hey, give me a break, this place is dank and dusty and damp.

You try not the sneeze when a whole bunch of dust and mold decided to travel up you nasal canal.

But, with my hands still being held behind my back, I ended up sneezing quite loudly.

Which, of course, caused everyone else in the room to stare at me.

Sending my father’s smirk a glare I look at Kaden.

He stared at me, his eyes wide and fear swirling in them.

Crap, how do I tell him that getting caught was my plan all along and not to worry? That I had this covered?

Oh, right…

I can’t tell him that because it wasn’t part of my plan!

“You see, Agent Adams?” My father chuckled, “I always have the upper hand. This would have been so much harder for me if you hadn’t fallen in love with my daughter. Then I wouldn’t have had any leverage over you and you’d probably have arrested me.”

My father moved closer to Kaden, “But you did fall in love with her, didn’t you? And now your perfect little plan is ruined.”

Dad circled around Kaden, “Since I have foiled your little happy ending, I suggest you give up surrender now-“

I snorted, hoping that my sudden sound would knock Kaden out of whatever trance he’s in.

“You’re kidding, right?” I twisted my wrists, hoping the man would let go.

He didn’t.

So instead I focused on my dad, “What are you going to do, dad? Kaden’s not the only one who knows about The League, are you going to silence everyone?”

My dad smirked and faced me, “I’ll have too. I can’t have horrible little rumors surface, now can I?”

I tried to jerk my arm away, “And what about me, dad? You’re really going to kill your own daughter?”

My dad sighed, “No, sadly I’m too weak to kill you, but that’s okay. I have a better idea.”

I raised my eyebrows, “Oh yeah?”

Dad nodded, his back to Kaden, “Yes, I’ll be devastated, of course, to announce that you’ve turned out to be too much like you’re mother and have developed a mental sickness. All the papers will comment on how much I will grieve after I place you with your mother in St. Mathews.”

My dad smiled, “Everyone will sympathize and my popularity rates will go up.”

I stared at him in shock, “But no one knows my mom’s even alive.”

Dad shrugged, “Naturally, my lie will have to brought out, but everyone will understand that I didn’t want my poor wife to be ridiculed in her time of need.”

God, his lie is so good I almost believe it.

Almost.

I was about to respond when a small bang sounded outside the building.

At the noise the man holding me tensed and my dad’s face hardened.

“Go check it out,” he ordered the two men who brought Mark and I in.

The man immediately released me to join his fellow worker.

Once they were outside my dad smiled again, turning back to Kaden, “You thought you could ambush me?”

Kaden glared at him, “I never said I wouldn’t bring back up.”

I sighed in relief; thank God he’s back to normal.

Kaden raised his gun again, this time pointing it at my dad’s head.

Dad just laughed, “You’re going to kill me? Do it and forever live with the knowledge that the woman you love watched you murder her father.”

Kaden hesitated, his eyes moving to lock with mine.

I stood still, frozen in one spot.

Dad laughed again, “You can’t shoot me, can you? Well, thankfully I don’t have the same dilemma.”

I watched as my dad quickly reached under his suit jacket, his arm coming back out with a gun pointed right at Kaden’s heart.

Someone tackled me from behind, causing me to scream as I felt to the floor.

My head banged against the ground causing my world to go black.

The last thing I heard was shots being fired and the sound of pain filled cries.
♠ ♠ ♠
So...

I've decided to add an extra chapter.

Which means, now there's only two chapters left.

This story is my longest ever, so I'm really happy with the way it all turned out.