Everyone Learns Faster On Fire

Chapter 12: 1st August 2004

The flashes of hundreds of cameras capturing a significant moment in the owner’s life exploded within an instant. Hundreds of high pitched squeals belonging to teenage girls escalated, filling the entire building with an atmosphere that no one could describe. The cheers fuelled the adrenaline pumping through his veins and made his heart beat twice its natural speed. Something magical was about to begin. He could feel it within the very depths of his soul.
Suddenly, the opening bars of the song begun and his body seemed to be floating toward centre stage of it’s own accord. The spotlight was on him. The brightness of the lights dazzled him, but did not put him off what he was here to do. It only made him more determined to deliver the best performance of his life.
The screaming got louder. He could see awe and excitement glinting in the crowd’s eyes. Their emotions were being reflected in him. He had never felt so alive.
He launched into the opening lyrics of the song, singing them with his utmost passion. The haunting words reminded him of darker times, but at this moment in time they could only make him feel pure bliss. His eyes scanned across the fans crammed against the barrier, all he could see was the look of sheer admiration on their faces. It was at times like this when he was proud to be Gerard Arthur Way.
He continued through the song, letting his band’s music take him to higher places. At times, he forgot that he was playing to thousands of people. He closed his eyes and could see his grandmother staring back at him, smiling. She would be so proud if she were here right now.

‘This one’s for you, grandma.’ he thought to himself as he launched into the song’s powerful chorus. He could hear the fans screaming the lyrics back to him with just as much enthusiasm as he put into them.

As the opening song was nearing it’s climax, Gerard glanced over at the rhythm guitarist to his right. It looked like Frank was using every ounce of his energy to give the best performance he had ever had. Gerard felt honoured to be sharing a stage with that man.
He was suddenly hit with a flashback of a time not so long ago, when he was singing these exact same lyrics. Gerard had sung ‘Helena’ when he was trapped in the fire, because he believed that he was going to join his grandmother in heaven. If it wasn’t for the brave man standing to his right saving him, that would have been the last song to ever escape his lips.

Gerard sung the final note and the venue erupted with screams and applause. He glanced around at his band mates. They all had similar looks of elation on their faces. Pretty good for the first night of the tour.

They blasted through a few more songs from the album that had barely been out for a couple of days. Gerard could not believe that he was hearing the fans sing back word perfect. It gave him an immense feeling of joy.
As the introduction of ‘Headfirst For Halos’ came thundering from the stage, Frank moved closer to him. Maybe it was an act of pride or happiness, or maybe it was something deeper, but Gerard felt an enormous urge to press his lips against Frank’s. The guitarist was staring out into the crowd when Gerard moved in for the kill. He cupped the other man’s cheeks within his sweaty palms and tilted his head back. Their lips collided and instantly the fans went wild. Fireworks seemed to go off within Gerard’s brain. This was perfect. This was the magic he knew was going to make this a night to remember.
That night, onstage ‘Frerard’ was born.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah...sorry for the shortness.
Comments? <3