Status: Active-ish

It Can't Be... Can It?

I Can't Remember

Aura awoke to pain assaulting her head. The brightness of the window only made it worse. She curled into the warmth beside her.

“Morning, Beautiful,” Draco whispered and kissed her forehead.

Aura shot out of Draco’s arms and across the room.

Draco gave her a quizzical look, “Well okay. That’s a nice good morning.”

“Why the hell are you in my bed?”

“That’s kind of where I’ve taken to sleeping for the past few weeks.”

“No. No, last I checked I wasn’t talking to you. You or George for that matter.”

Something clicked in Draco’s head, “Aura… what is today?”

Aura rolled her eyes, “It’s the day of the masquerade ball.”

“Stay here,” Draco said and left the room.

Draco found Hermione in the library pouring over a pile of books. He grabbed her shoulder roughly.

“Granger come with me.”

“What?”

He explained about Aura.

Image

When they arrived back in Aura’s room, she was leisurely combing her hair. Her eyes brightened when they landed on Hermione and darkened again when they fell on Draco.

“Hermione!” Aura squealed and hugged her, “Do you know where Aimee’s dress has gotten off to? She can’t have seen it yet. Oh I’m so excited for tonight!”

“Aura,” Hermione said and looked into her friend’s eyes, “The ball was three weeks ago.”

Aura’s smile faded from her face, “What do you mean?”

“I’m not quite sure what is going on, but for some reason you’re not remembering the past three weeks. The ball was three weeks ago today. You’ve been dating Draco since the night of the ball…” She stopped at Aura’s blank look, “You don’t remember any of this?”

Aura glanced down at her hand where her engagement ring glinted in the sunlight streaming in from the window and shook her head, “I can’t remember.”

Draco and Hermione exchanged glances as Draco made his way to the bed to sit by Aura. He rested his hand on her cheek as she turned to look at him questioningly. He leaned in and kissed her gently. In the next second he found himself on the floor.

“You say we’ve been together for the past three weeks, well in my head we haven’t so I’d appreciate it if you’d keep your grubby paws to yourself for right now,” Aura spouted.

Draco stood and dusted off his jeans, “I hoped that would help you remember.”

“Arrogant,” Aura said.

“I don’t think your kiss is why she forgot so I doubt seriously it’ll help her remember,” Hermione said, “Come with me.”

Draco and Hermione left the room.

“What’s wrong with her?!”

“I’m not sure, but I think after all that has happened the past few weeks…” Hermione hesitated.

“Yes?”

“I think her brain may have shut down and when it rebooted it took her back to before all the shock and pain happened. It’s the equivalent of amnesia.”

Draco stared at Hermione. He supposed with all the trauma Aura had been through in her life it was possible that he brain couldn’t handle any more.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh so much talking.... Well I don't know where I'm going with this but I'm going.
Comments=Love
I'd also love any ideas lol