Status: Active-ish

It Can't Be... Can It?

What Really Happened...?

Draco took Aura’s hand in his and she allowed it. She was supposed to be dating him after all. She was starting to warm up to him again. He was a totally different person toward her when he wasn’t around his goons. Draco smirked. Did he even know how to truly smile? Aura wondered. It’d been two days since she had woken up thinking it was the night of the ball. She couldn’t remember anything at all. She was surprised when she arrived at class and an assignment was due. Draco always explained to the teacher what had happened, even though no one was really sure what had actually happened.

Aura and Draco walked down the hallway slowly. Aura was lost in her thoughts; Draco was watching her intently, hoping for a sign of her memory returning. Aura gave a frustrated sigh.

“Draco? Do you think I could be alone for a little bit?”

Draco was unsure but coincided anyway, “Why don’t you go up to the room of requirements?”

Aura smiled and nodded. She hurried to the room and Draco headed back to his and Aura’s dorm. Aura stopped outside the room of requirements and tried to think of a place that made her happy and very few would think of. She smiled when a memory from before Christmas popped into her head. She paced in front of the wall until the door popped into existence. She opened it to reveal the room George had created for her on their first date. She collapsed on the giant bed and stared at the ceiling.

“Why can’t you freaking remember?!” She shouted.

“Remember what?” came a familiar voice.

“George?”

George stepped out of the doorway and shut the door behind him.

“What are you doing here?” Aura asked.

“I could ask you the same thing,” he replied, “I come here a lot.”

“Oh…”

“Yeah. So who can’t remember what?”

“Wait…” Aura said, “Are we… friends… again?”

George shot her a quizzical look, “That’s what you said the night of the ball…”

“Oh,” Aura said, “That night.”

“Why do you say that like it’s a bad thing?”

She proceeded to explain about losing her memory as George joined her on the bed.

Image

Draco looked around Aura’s room for a sign of something that could point him in the right direction. He didn’t believe that Aura had simply forgotten. He was sure someone had wiped her memories. He hoped he was wrong because he feared she would never get them back if someone had used the obliviate charm.

Draco walked to the window to stare outside. That’s when he noticed that the latch was broken. The ledge outside the window was big enough to sit on. Someone could have easily gotten into her room that way. Draco had left the room to go talk to Hermione. That would have been the perfect opportunity. Draco walked out onto the window ledge and slowly walked to the next window. When he looked inside he saw the girls dormitory. Specifically he saw Pansy sitting on the bed right beside the window. Suddenly it clicked in Draco’s head. Pansy’s father was a Death Eater just like Draco’s own. If news had started to spread that Aura knew of her mother being alive then it would have been in the Death Eaters’ best interest to get rid of that memory. Pansy’s father told her to wipe the memory of Aura’s mother, but Pansy, being as bad at magic as she was, erased the last few weeks rather than just the memory of her mother.

Angry, Draco went back into Aura’s room and set off to tell Hermione what happened.

“Granger!” Draco shouted outside of the portrait hole.

Hermione finally emerged and he explained what he thought happened. Hermione stared at Draco.

“I don’t know if we should tell Aura,” Draco said, “I don’t want her to go through that pain all over again.”

Hermione shook her head, “This is something she needs to know.”

Draco nodded, “I think I’ll wait until Easter break to tell her though.”

Hermione agree. That gave them a month to figure out how to tell her and possibly reverse the spell.

Image

George pulled Aura into his arms, “I’m so sorry Aura.”

She nodded and pillowed her head on his shoulder.

“I wish I could fix it,” George whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
New update. ^_^
Comments=love
Thanks to MillytheHillbilly for the ideas implemented in this chapter!!!