Status: Active-ish

It Can't Be... Can It?

Heading Home

The month flew by for Draco and he’d come up with no ideas on how to tell Aura, nor had he found a way to reverse the spell. Though he was beginning to think it was a good thing. He wouldn’t want to remember all the pain Aura had been through, why would she want to? Draco stared at the ceiling above his bed. He’d taken to sleeping in his own bed again. While Aura was starting to warm up to him again, she wasn’t comfortable with him in her bed. He got up and walked down the stairs to the common room. The door opened and Draco shot a glare at the person following Aura into the room. She giggled and hugged the boy.

“Thanks for walking me here!”

He nodded and walked out of the room. Draco sighed, he was not okay with this friendship.

Image

Aura smiled and smacked George playfully. It was nice to have a good friend back. Ever since the day in the room of requirements George and Aura had been good friends again, much to the dismay of Draco and George’s girlfriend Raine. George walked Aura to her and Draco’s dorm.

“I have to go meet up with Raine,” George said as the door opened.

“Thanks for walking me here!” Aura said and hugged him.

Draco sighed.

“Hey Draco!” Aura exclaimed.

He nodded and looked coldly in her direction.

“Would you calm down. We’re just friends.”

“Just friends that had sex,” Draco retorted.

“I’m engaged to you, Draco.”

“You were when you slept with him too.”

Aura threw her hands up in an exaggerated sigh, “But I wanna be with you,” she said and pecked his lips gently.

Draco couldn’t resist pulling her into his arms and resting his chin on the top of her head, “I know. Go pack your things. We go home for the holidays today.”

Aura smiled and dashed to her room and Draco called behind her, “Dress nice. You know how mother and father are.”

Aura searched her closet and decided on the perfect outfit . She pulled out her pink and grey striped shirt and dark skinny jeans and matched it with pink heels. She didn’t want to be too dressy, but she felt her typical mini skirt and low cut shirt was out of the question. She slipped into the outfit and packed the rest of her clothes. She went into the bathroom and strategically placed a pink bow in her red curly hair and added a necklace and bracelet to her outfit. She left her trunk in her room and strolled downstairs to meet Draco. His mouth dropped open at the sight of her.

“I didn’t know you could dress like that,” he said.

“Is that supposed to be a complement?”

He nodded, “I’m only used to seeing you in your miniskirts… not that there’s anything wrong with that but you look… wow.”

Aura giggled at the complement. If he was going to react like this she may break out the skinny jeans more often. With her heels she was almost Draco’s height, she noted as she kissed him and curled her hand around his.

They walked out to the carriages together and Draco helped her inside one. Just as the carriage was about to take off George and Raine stepped inside. Draco sent them an icy glare but Aura’s warm smile welcomed them in. The look on Raine’s face at the sight of Aura was a match for Draco’s. It was a wonder she wasn’t in Slytherin herself; she seemed and ice queen.

When the carriage arrived at the train Draco helped Aura out and started to walk away, but Aura waited for George. After George had helped Raine from the carriage, Aura hugged him and told him goodbye.

Image

Draco and Aura boarded the train together, but Draco left Aura in a carriage by herself while he went to go ‘tend to business’.

Aura had just settled herself into the compartment with a book when the door crashed open. Raine Skye stood in the doorway.

“Uh… hey?” Aura said cautiously.

“Stay the hell away from him.”

“Excuse me?” Aura said and came to her feet.

“Stay away from George.”

“He’s one of my best friends.”

Raine pulled out her wand, “You’ll stay away from him, or there will be nothing left for him to be friends with.”

Aura reached for her own wand, but Raine turned on her heel and left shouting, “Remember that, Bitch.”

Aura jammed her wand back into her pocket and collapsed on the bench as Draco entered the compartment. He took her into his arms and held her as she explained what had happened. Draco kissed her forehead and shushed her.

Image

After Draco left Aura in the compartment, he went in search of Pansy. He found her in a compartment with Crabbe and Goyle.

“Drakie!” she shouted when stood in the doorway.

“Pansy. Now,” Draco said and pointed outside the compartment.

“Oh Draco, I knew you’d come back for me!”

“I’m here to ask you something. Did you obliviate Aura’s memory?”

The red color of Pansy’s face told Draco what he had asked was true.

“Why’d you do it?”

“I- I thought if she couldn’t re-remember being with you th-then you would come back to m-me…”

Draco’s face turned a vibrant red, “You mean to tell me that no one told you to do it?! That you did it for your own selfish reasons and to top it off you did it badly?”

“Badly?” Pansy squeaked.

“Her entire memory of the three weeks after the ball are gone, not just her memories of me,” Draco’s anger was quickly escalating.

Pansy paled, “I didn’t mean to do that.”

“Well you did, and there’s no way to fix it. Get out of my sight.”

Pansy ran back into the compartment and Draco slowly treaded back to his own to find Aura nearly in tears.

Image

When the train arrived at platform 9 ¾, Draco and Aura stepped out of the train hand-in-hand. They were surprised to find three people to greet them instead of two. Lucius and Narcissa were standing beside another woman.
♠ ♠ ♠
One of my besties said that Aura jumps from guy to guy and cries too much. 1. tell me your opinion and 2. she is not going back to George. I just want him back in the story. He is still with his girlfriend Raine, obviously. This story connects with my George story if I can ever get it going again.
Comments=love!