Status: Active-ish

It Can't Be... Can It?

Oh No She Didn't...

Aura woke up the next morning curled into Draco's side. She sat up, kissed his cheek, and headed to the bathroom. She'd been in the shower about ten minutes when she heard the bathroom door open and close. The curtain opened and Draco poked his head in.

"Draco?!" Aura gasped and tried to cover herself, "Shut the curtain."

A sly smile danced across Draco's mouth as he shut the curtain, "Not like I haven't seen it before."

"Not like that! Not since like before fourth year!" Aura exclaimed and washed the shampoo from her hair.

"I've still seen it."

"I've matured since then!"

"I know," Draco said and Aura could almost hear the smirk in his voice.

Aura turned off the water and her hand shot out to grab her towel. When she opened the curtain, she was fully wrapped in the fluffy purple towel, hiding her body from Draco’s view. He pouted.

“Can we do something today, Draco? Please, please, pretty please!!”

“Like what?”

“I don’t know. Go somewhere! Anywhere!!”

“Alright, fine,” he muttered, “We’ll go to Diagon Alley.”

Aura smiled triumphantly and waltzed from the room. Back in her own room she donned a purple ruffled tank top and a thigh length skirt. She twirled in front of the mirror before finding her purple sandals to wear with her outfit. When she emerged from her room, Draco was waiting for her. She smiled at him as he took her hand.

When they arrived in Diagon Alley, Aura rushed to the bookstore. Draco rolled his eyes but allowed himself to be dragged along. He watched her as she scanned the shelf for just the right book. He couldn’t help but feel a smile creeping onto his face. He watched the way she concentrated on the book she was reading. He smiled as a stray piece of her bangs fell in front of her eyes. He watched her secure the curly red piece behind her ear with her porcelain colored hand. He admired the way her kohl rimmed eyes lit up as she read the summary on the back of the book in her hand. He’d never really noticed before just how stunningly beautiful she was. He wanted her to know just how in love with her he truly was. He didn’t just want in her pants. He wasn’t just marrying her because his father had told him to. He wanted to be with her forever.

He wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her neck. She smiled.

“I’ll be back in a minute, okay?” He said.

She nodded and Draco left the store. He wandered around Diagon Alley until he found a jewelry store. The store specialized in enchanted jewelry. He slowly walked around the store until a pretty blonde witch came to help him.

“May I help you sir?”

“Yes, I’m looking for something to show my fiancée how much I love her and how much she is always on my mind.”

“I know just the thing.”

The girl led Draco to a case with a beautiful necklace inside. The necklace was a black ribbon entwined with a silver chain. The pendant was black and covered in small crystal clear diamonds. A silver bow covered in more diamonds was across the heart. The witch explained that the necklace was enchanted so that whenever Draco thought about how much he loves Aura, the stones on the heart would glow bright red. Draco knew instantly that Aura would love it. He bought it and rushed back to the bookstore to find Aura in the middle of a screaming match.

Image

Aura continued to search the shelf when Draco left.

“Aura?”

Aura turned around to find George standing behind her.

“George!” She exclaimed and flew into his arms.

He laughed and hugged her back. Then Raine came around the corner, blonde hair falling in her eyes. Her baby blues narrowed when she saw her boyfriend and Aura hugging. She stomped over to the couple and jerked Aura back by her vibrant red curls.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing you skank?” Raine asked as she shoved Aura to the ground.

Dressed in a skirt and heels, Aura had no hope of maintaining her balance. She also knew that compared to Raine dressed in jeans and t-shirt she had no hope of winning a real fight. It didn’t stop her from aiming a kick from her position on the floor into Raine’s shin though.

“You bitch,” Raine spat as Aura gained her footing.

“What is your problem?” Aura growled.

“My problem? My problem is you having your skanky hands all over my boyfriend!” Raine yelled.

“Raine…” George warned.

“Shut up!” she snapped.

“I was not all over him! He’s my friend!” Aura shouted and took a step toward Raine, “And don’t you ever speak to him like that.”

This was when Draco walked in. Aura’s back was to the door. An evil smile came across Raine’s face and she strode over to Draco. As Aura turned around, Raine planted her lips on Draco’s. Aura’s mouth dropped open and George made a pained noise. Aura was behind Raine in a second flat and returned her earlier action of snatching her by her blonde hair.

“Listen here, bitch. If I ever catch you with your hands on my man again, it will be the last thing you ever do,” Aura snarled and used all her strength to push Raine to the floor.

Aura walked back over to where her book had landed when Raine had pushed her down. She picked it up and waved good bye to George before grabbing Draco’s hand and walking to the register.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is a pretty long chapter to make up for not updating in so long!
Thank you to bewareofdogs, Vulnerable., and EvilMonique for their wonderful comments. I love comments that tell me their opinion of the specific things that happened in the chapter and not just sing my praises. Though the praise is nice lol. Tell me what you think. Oh and thanks to bewareofdogs for reminding me about Raine, I'd forgotten about her, so this chapter is dedicated to you!
comments=love