Status: Active-ish

It Can't Be... Can It?

After A Night Like That, How Could I Say No?

Draco woke up the next morning feeling like he hadn’t slept at all, which, now that he thought about it, he really hadn’t. He had tried his hardest to fall asleep, but his mind wouldn’t let him doze off until he heard Aura come in downstairs, thankfully she was alone. He had spent most of the night thinking about Aura. How did he feel for her?

“Could I possibly… like her?” He had whispered into the air.

Now, in the morning, he was sure he knew how he felt.
When he went downstairs, Aura was in the bathroom that they were to share. He ran up to Aura’s room and frantically searched for her diary. He flipped to her new entry and read out loud.

“Dear Diary,
I’m sorry. I had to stop writing earlier cause Draco walked up. I broke up with Blaise in the carriage on the way to the castle tonight. I just can’t keep up with our on and off relationship.”

Draco slammed the book shut without reading the rest of the entry. Aura was single and that was all he cared about. She was wrapped in a towel when he walked down stairs, and her wet hair hung down her back in ringlets. It was all Draco could do to not grab her and kiss her right there. Instead he turned his head and looked at the floor.

“Good morning, Draco!”

“Why are you so happy?” he muttered.

“No reason.”

Draco ran a hand through his hair and took a deep breath, “Aura… Listen... I… damn it.”

He turned and walked toward the door.

“Draco? Draco, what is it?”

“I… We’ve lived together for so long and I… well I was wondering if…”

In his mind he finished the sentence perfectly, ‘I was wondering if maybe you had some kind of feelings for me, because I definitely feel something for you.’

Out loud he said, “…if you had been with someone else? Aimee said you haven’t but I wanna hear it from you.”

Aura’s cheeks flushed a bright red and she twirled around and headed up the stairs. Draco followed behind her.

“Aura, answer me.”

“How is that any of your business?” she yelled back as she slammed the door in his face and got dressed.

Draco gently pushed open the door, “Aura, I just want to know…”

“What if I haven’t? Does that make you hate me any less?”

Draco didn’t respond.

“No? I didn’t think so. No, Draco, I haven’t been with anyone else! Does that make you happy? Do you feel manly now that you know you’re the only person I ever cared about enough to have sex with? Does it?” She yelled the last question at him only to inches from his face, then turned and exited the room.

As she stomped out of the doorway to the dorm, she ran smack into George. Tears rolled down her cheeks as she collapsed into his arms.

“Aura? Aura what’s wrong?” George asked.

She only shook her head and pulled him away from her and Draco’s dorm, not wanting Draco to see them together. She finally spoke when they were in an empty classroom.

“Draco…”

“What did the bastard do? I’ll kill him.”

Aura shook her head, “No. He… well apparently my friend Aimee told him that he was the only person I’d ever had sex with and-”

“You had sex with him? I can’t believe you would ha-”He stopped midsentence when he saw the tears start to fall again.

“It was a few years ago, George. During the summer before fourth year. Anyway, he confronted me and, I don’t know, I got upset. I yelled at him.”

George held her close and whispered, “I’m sorry baby. How about we spend the day
together? It’s Saturday, so no classes.”

“No one can see us…”

“Don’t worry, I know the perfect place,” he said and pulled her towards the room of requirements.

Image

Draco walked slowly down to breakfast, thinking over what Aura had said. One the last things she had said was “you’re the only person I ever cared about enough to have sex with.” She cared about him? Or at least she had… Draco beat himself up over the fact that he hadn’t said what he had wanted to say. At least he had gotten some good, yet puzzling, information out of what he had said.

Aura found herself in the most beautiful room she had ever seen in her life. George explained to her about the room of requirements. The room was done in shades of green; there was a huge fireplace with a black leather couch in front of it. An enormous bed was in the corner or the room and a wall sized window filled one side of the room. Aura eyed the bed with disdain and looked at George.

“No, Aura. Nothing like that. I thought maybe you’d like to nap or something. Or maybe
just lay there… I don’t know,” he blushed.

Aura smiled and grabbed George’s hand and pulled him towards the bed. She climbed onto it and patted the bed beside her. George climbed onto the bed beside her and pulled her into his arms. She pillowed her head on his chest and listened to his heartbeat.

“This is incredibly sweet, George.”

He smiled and kissed the top of her head. After about twenty minutes, Aura sat up.

“Surprise!” She yelled and jumped on top of him. They wrestled around for a few minutes before George ended up straddling Aura and pinning her hands above her head.

“Give up?” George whispered and leaned down to kiss her.

She kissed him back gently, “Let’s go walk around the lake.”

They spent the rest of the day sitting by the lake, and when it started getting dark he walked Aura to her dorm. Aura dragged him inside and quickly glanced around for Draco. She pulled George into her room. She changed and got into the bed, “Stay the night?”

George stripped down to his boxers and pulled Aura to his bare chest, “So… will you be my girlfriend?”

“George, after a night like that, how could I say no?!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay! I fought with my Microsoft Word for and hour to get this out. Love me!
comment=love