Can't Stand It

If I Only Had the Heart

Image

After the intense conversation with my Dad, I ran as fast I could without knowing where to go. I wiped my tears ferociously and tried to stay calm and collected. A lot of campers started looking at me in confusion, probably wondering a girl like me, crying on the first day of Camp. They probably thought that I'm a marshmallow freshman, afraid to leave the house for the first time.

The truth is, I'm really afraid. Afraid that if I leave the house, my Dad and that bitch would take over and completely forget Mom. I just can't believe that Dad is too harsh to abolish Mom in his memory and heart. My dad's an official home wrecker. I hate him. I wish I had a different Dad.

I decided to sail a canoe when I realized that I'm in the shore of the lake. I went inside the canoe and began to sail all by myself. This is the first time I ever rode a boat so this experience surprised and amused me.

After a few minutes of "boating", I realized that I went too far from the Camp. I began to worry and thought of Anaconda. They were stuck in a lake as well and suddenly a big snake appears. I got extremely overwhelmed by this thought and started to sail as fast as I could. When I saw that I'm already approaching the camp, I sighed in happiness and started to sail slower.

"Boo." I heard someone say.

I was so surprised by this sudden outburst so I almost jumped inside the canoe and guess what, fell.

I am so wet and I feel cold. Ugh, who was that anyway? I think I'm drowning. Or not.

"Sorry. Here, let me take your hand." I heard someone say.

I grabbed the hand that I saw and pulled her/his hand as well. The person got soaked as well. And I can see that this person is a he. Payback time, bitch!

He resurfaced the water and I noticed that he's the guy whom I saw earlier. Curly hair, my age. And he has the hugest scowl on his face. I smiled. He seems adorable. People tend to be adorable when they're fuming.

"What was that?" he glared.

"Karma." I smirked.

"Ugh!" he screamed and tried to get inside my canoe. Woah. What is he doing?

"Hey, that's my boat!" I said in defense.

"And I don't care. C'mon, take my hand. Don't pull me again, I'm begging you." he said, gasping for air.

I took his hand and got inside the canoe. I realized that he's wearing boots. Sucks for him.

He shook his head, in attempt to get his fluffy hair dry but failed. That doesn't work, kiddo.

He glared at me.

Oops, that was suppose to be my thought bubble! Peace!

"Look, I'm sorry for scaring you." he looked at me, his brown eyes smoldering mine,

I smiled at him. Hey, this could the Hollywood star that Matt is talking about. Maybe I could be nice to him.

"Yeah sure. Sorry for pulling you, though. I think it was kinda funny." I chuckled.

"It wasn't, but I think I need a little refresher." he smiled.

Hey, he could be a friend! A Hollywood friend! Just kidding.

"Hey we should probably go back to the camp. You don't want to be late." he said, grabbing one of the boat thingy they use when your trying to make the boat move.

"Trust me, I do." I spat back, smirking.

I grabbed another thingamajig (the stuff that you use for rowing) and began to move. I felt that he's staring at me so I began to stare back. It was all awkward but it's fun because he blushed.

"So, I'm guessing, you don't want to be here?" he finally spoke.

I smiled, sensing the comfortable wind that's blowing us.

"What made you say that? I am so excited for this camp! I love singing and dancing and yeah know, boating." I said enthusiastically.

He rolled his eyes and smirked at me. He rowed slowly and realized that my arms are kinda sore for rowing. I stopped for a while and he smiled as if he's telling me that it's okay to rest for a while.

"So, what made you row as fast as like that?" he thought, giving his arms a rest too.

"I don't know, boggling mind. Frustration. All the works." I sighed. Why am I even opening up to him? I don't even know his name!

"I know the feeling. Though pulling an innocent person from another canoe can be quite stressful as well." he joked.

"Well, surprising someone can be stressful too." I smiled back.

After a few minutes of silent rowing, we finally reached the shore. The guy walked out the boat first, offering his hand when he reached the ground. I shook my head as if telling him that I do it all by myself. He shrugged and watched as I helped myself out of the boat.

We started walking toward the cabins, I heard him sigh, stopped and faced me.

"I'm sorry I forgot to tell my name. I'm-" he slowly shoved his left hand to mine.

"Nate!" someone spoke up. I saw the another guy, taller than 'Nate' I'm guessing that is this guy's name, a Blackberry in his hand. He was the same guy I saw a while ago, the happy, cheery one.

"Jason, what's up?" he replied, his gaze still fixed on me.

"We're looking for you for hours now, dude. Where have you been?" he asked, not aware that I'm here.

"Got a little sidetracked." he replied.

"Well, we have to go, they are all waiting for us," Jason huffed.

'Nate' motioned his head directly to mine, as if he's telling this 'Jason' guy that there is someone present in their conversation. 'Jason' finally put his gaze on me and smiled too wide.

"Oh hello there, I'm sorry I didn't notice you. I'm Jason. Nate, is she a camper?" Jason too eagerly asked.

"Yeah, found her drowning in the lake." 'Nate' laughed.

I guess this Jason guy didn't cope with Nate's joke and began to put his hand on my forehead. I stared at him dumbfounded. What is he doing?

"Is he okay? Oh my god, you drowned? Are you fine? Nate, why didn't you-" he began to worry.

Awww. This Jason guy is sweet, too bad I don't appreciate it. I'm done caring anyway.

"Chill. She's okay. Besides it was my fault anyway. I almost got drowned too." he quipped.

"Yeah right. Well, it was nice meeting you, um, Did you introduce yourself already? I'm sorry, I tend to forget things all the time." he asked.

I shrugged after forcing a smile.

"I haven't." because you can't shut your freaking gob for a second! I thought.

"Well..." Jason looked at me in confusion.

"I'm Riley." I finally said.

Both of them still gawked at me. Why? Is there shit on my face?

"Connect Three's next!" someone yelled and both of them woke up from their gawking. They both looked at me weirdly and smiled right after.

"Well, it's nice to meet you, Riley. If you have any concerns don't hesitate to approach us. Right Nate?" Jason offered.

He is too sweet.

"Yeah. I'm sorry I didn't get to properly introduce myself but I guess you already heard him. My name's Nate." he finally introduced himself! So much for being mysterious, jerk.

"You haven't told her your name yet? I'm not surprised." Jason quipped, elbowing Nate.

Nate glared at Jason then stared at me again.

"It's nice to row with you, Riley. I'm sorry but we really have to get going. You should too. See you around, alright?" he offered.

"Yeah, bye." I waved, showing him that I don't give a shit if I cross path with them again. Honestly, I really wanted to see them again. I mean, I never thought I'd made a decent talk with anyone at this camp. I thought that people in this camp would all be shiny like Barbie. But I guess I judged them too quick.

"Riley!" I heard someone screamed and saw it was Matt. He ran up to me while gasping for breath. I looked at him skeptically and realized that I totally left him with Dad.

I began to open my mouth to speak but he stopped me.

"They're gone. Your luggage is at Cabin 403." he said, smiling weakly.

I smiled back and ruffled his hair. I know Matt and I aren't that close anymore but I'm working on it.

"C'mon let's go Riles. You don't want to miss Dee's first announcement." he said while he grabs my wrist.

"Dee who?" I asked before my brother completely drag me to the front row stage.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry I didn't get to proofread that much, I am so anxious to post this one that I failed to edit this. I'm sorry if my grammar or lack of editing skills annoy you. I promise I'm trying to improve.

Anyway, to the story. YAY CONNECT THREE'S already here! And Riley already met them. And she even Canoe-d with Nick, how cute. And she met Jason-Kevin haha, I think it's pretty how I made Jason corny and a bit humorous, that's just the way he is! ;)

I'm sure you guys are wondering WHO THE RILEY'S LEADING MAN IS? Hahaha I'm keeping my mouth shut. I want you guys to guess.

Please please DO COMMENT. I need your reviews, opinions on this story, I'm begging you. :)