Status: New, but I'm not sure about it.

I Have A Secret, This Is My Confession

Three

It’s been three months. Three months since I tore down my defenses and let you in. Well, since I made it official. You snuck your way in before that. I don’t know how you did it, since I could barely stand you a few months before that. And for a while, it was really good. I was happy with you. I thought you might finally be the one. But no, I couldn’t ever really be that lucky, could I? You told me you were leaving in August to go to college with your best friend in another state.

We don’t really talk anymore. Well, we do, just not about anything important. Like, what’s going to happen with us when you leave? Are you going to want to stay together? Or will we break up because you don’t want to deal with a long distance relationship?

Do you think it will be because you’ll be tempted to cheat while you’re there, since I wouldn’t have any way of knowing? Or do you think I will, since I’m more of a slut than you?

If that’s what you’re worried about, I wouldn’t cheat on you. Why would I want to hurt the person I’m in love with? I’d hurt myself in hurting you. We all know I’m more fragile than you. You’ll get over the break up or the cheating long before I would.

I don’t know how to tell you my fears since any way I could phrase them makes it sound like I want to break up with you, but I don’t. That’s the last thing I want. But I don’t want to be strung along either, if you already have your mind made up about us not lasting.

Either way it ends up, I still see myself getting hurt. I don’t get a happy ending. Maybe I never will.

Love just leaves you bruised.

There is so much truth in those words, Ben Folds. So much truth and it sucks. Love shouldn’t hurt, but it does.

Maybe I shouldn’t have let you get this close to me, even though; you didn’t really give me much choice. You were always there. When I’d go visit my friends, you were there; they were your friends, too. When I’d go to work, you were there. At home, you’d ask to come over. You’d beg me to give you a chance and when I finally did, you were different. You didn’t want me as much, you had grown up and gotten over your obsession with me just enough to make me actually like you. Not enough for you to not like me, though. Or maybe I was wrong.

I don’t know how we are going to end, I just know we will. It’s inevitable.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment/subscribe :]

If you want to be a co-author, leave me a comment or send me a message. Or if you have something you would like to get off your chest, but don't want to post on your own, send it to my inbox. There are some things, you just need to get off your chest.