Status: Finished.

You Really Aren't Just Last Nights Dream, Are You?

Nine.

I woke up to the warmth of Brendons bed, inhaling his scent that lingered on the sheets. Last nights dream didnt scare me, my whole feeling about it was neutral. If he said yes to biting me, then so be it. But, if he did, then he had to let me do the same to him. I stretched my arms out and moaned tiredly, then smiled to myself. I could feel Brendon beside me on the bed and his hand reached out for me, wrapping his arm around me and pulling my back against his chest. The tip of his nose brushed down the side of my neck, along with his hot breath. He kissed the side of my neck cutely before resting his head against my shoulder, "Will you come live here with me?" He whispered, "Im not asking you to give up everything for me. I just want to keep you safe, and in range..." I smiled and sighed exhaustedly.
"... You actually think I could say no?" I asked through a scratchy voice. I turned over, laying on my back and staring at him, "I mean, look at that face." I smiled, putting my hand on his cheek and caressing it with my thumb. I leaned in and planted a quick kiss on his lips, before pulling back and smiling at his adorable face, "Brendon?" I whispered, and he nodded, telling me to continue, "If you ever bit me..." I started, and his eyebrows furrowed a little like that would never happen, "Would you let me bite you?"
He paused, looking at me like I was speaking a different language, "... Of course." He whispered, "You know Im yours..." He cuddled his face up against the side of my neckcutely, "I'll only ever be yours.."
"Awww." I wrapped my arms around his neck loosely, "I love you."
He smiled, "I love you so much."

We all sat around, "So... you're coming to live with us?" Joe tilted his head, and I nodded, giving him reassurance.
"If I wont be too much of a burden." I said, "I mean, its alright if I cant-"
"No, we want you to be safe." Patrick smiled, "It'd be better if you came and lived with us. We can always use more help. We can teach you how to use the weapons and everything."
"Oh. I dont think she-"
"Brendon. I can fight. I'll be fine." I chuckled, and he didnt object.
"Great, so, we'll get your things packed up either later or tomorrow, and you'll move in here, with us." Joe said.
"Yeah, you can stay in Brendons room." Jon said, "We all know you'd probably spend most nights there anyways."
"Yeah." Spencer agreed, laughing. I rolled my eyes and chuckled. Brendon was holding my hand with his fingers laced with mine, playing around with my fingers, bending
them back and forth. I guess I didnt really mind, he was just acting like a little kid is all. Not that it isnt cute or anything, it was pretty adorable.
"I already have some things here, and I dont have much at my place. The apartment came with the furniture, so, it technically isnt mine." I said, "So, I just have some stuff to bring over. But, you know, we can always do that later." Ryan was smirking at me and Brendon, and I dont even know why. Soon, I realized he wasnt the only one. Him, Pete, Spencer and Andy were all smirking at us. Not gonna lie here, it was kind of creeping me out.
Brendon looked up from my fingers, "Whats the deal?" He spat at them, "Got a problem?"
"Oh, no." Ryan shook his head and smiled, "Kat, can I talk to you?" I winced and shrugged, then nodded and we stood up and went over near the counters so they couldnt hear us.
"Whats the deal with you guys?" I whispered at him harshly and he rolled his eyes back at me.
"Do you not see what Brendons doing?" He asked quietly and I shook my head.
"No, I really dont." I whispered with a little more attitude then intended.
"He's playing with your fingers," He pointed out, "Thats kind of out of the ordinary, dont you think?"
"What are you trying to say?"
"He wants to marry you." He pointed out like it was the most obvious thing in the universe, "Jesus, you're so oblivious." He chuckled quietly.
I was frozen, "What?" I know Brendons said all this stuff about being together forever, and how he's mine, but, marriage?
"He completely adores you, duh." He chuckled, "He wants to marry you, the only thing holding him back is, well, his 'vampirism'."
I laughed, "You're being ridiculous." I wouldnt let myself believe this.
He rolled his eyes again, "No, you're the one whos being ridiculous." He said, "He's completely in love with you. I mean, he hungers for your blood way, way more then any of us." He explained, "I mean, he doesnt want to bite you because he doesnt want to take away your life, so if he cant put that kind of mark on you, then he'll do it the 'human way'." I winced at him, maybe he was right. Maybe Brendon did want to marry me.
"... Well, can you find out?" I asked.
He shook his head, "If he does ask you to marry him, then I wouldnt want the surprise to be ruined. Geeze, get with the program." He laughed, then walked back and took
his place where everyone else was. I walked back as well and took my place beside Brendon, his hand slid into mine and he kissed the side of my face.
"What was all that?" He whispered into my ear before pulling back.
I shrugged, "I dont know. It was nothing."

"Brendon..." I started, he looked over at me, tightening his grip on my hand. We were out for a walk, walking through the forest... again, "I want to tell you... about, well, this dream I had last night." He looked at me curiously, concern filling his expression.
"Whats wrong? It wasnt bad was it?" He asked.
"No... well, Im not really sure." I said, "But, Im going to tell you.. and you have to promise not to freak out."
"I promise, baby." He smiled, leaning over and kissing the side of my face making me bite at the inside of my cheek.
"Well, it was about us." I started, "And... you kind of.. sort of... I told you to..." He looked at me, puzzled, "I told you to bite me... and you did." I could feel the sweat forming on his palm as he held my hand tightly, "And, you loved it... and, I did too." I was stuttering and fumbling with the words, "You let me bite you back, and well, we both loved it... And, I dont know. Maybe if you bit me, it would all go way better then it is now. I wouldnt be in as much danger as I am."
"But, you cant ever go back." He reminded me, "I dont want you to give your life up for me."
I looked over at him, my eyes were tearing up. He stopped and took hold of both of my hands, "Brendon.." I choked, "I want to be with you... I want to marry you, I want
to have a family... and we cant do that with the risk of you wanting to bite me all the time."
He was frozen, "... You want to marry me?" He whispered, my eyes flicked away nervously, "You want to have a family." He slipped his hand onto my cheek, turning my
face back to look at him. He smiled softly, "I want to have everything with you, Kat." He whispered, "I want all of that too, I just dont see why I have to kill you to have all of
those things though."
"Brendon... You're going to bite me someday..." I whispered, staring at his now brown eyes, "You wont be able to take it anymore, and you'll, I dont know, attack me and bite me... I just dont want it to happen that way." He stared at me sadly, "I want you to bite me, and I want all of that... Wouldnt you rather bite me and have me forever then not bite me and have me die someday and never see me again?" I knew he thought I had a point, and I did, "And after I leave, you'll have to go on forever without me... and I dont want it to happen that way." I said, "Brendon, I dont care if Im giving up my life. I'd much rather have you then an empty life."
"Kat..." He said, "... A-Are you sure?" I nodded and blinked slowly. It went silent, and he stared at me, thinking it over for a few minutes, "... If you do this, you cant ever go back." He warned, and I nodded in understanding, "... I will." He whispered and my heart jumped, "... But, I dont want it to be planned... when it happens, it happens."
I jumped at him, wrapping my arms around his neck tightly, "I love you."
His arms wrapped around my waist and held me, "Im going to miss making your heart race."
"My heart will race no matter what." I whispered into his ear and his imbrace tightened.

"RyRy!" I yelled out and heard someone laugh.
"Did you just call me RyRy?" His voice asked out.
"Damn straight I did, get your ass out here!" I yelled out again and he appeared, smiling at me, "Guess what!" I squealed making him laugh, "... Where's everyone else?"
He shrugged, "I think they're outside, they have a fire going. Brendons out there too... just to let you know."
"Well, come on." I grabbed him by the wrist and pulled him outside to where everyone else was. I fell to my knee's behind Brendon and wrapped my arms around his
neck, making him chuckle, "Hi there." I whispered in his ear, "Did you tell them about our little trip?"
"Yeah." He whispered back, "We're leaving tomorrow... Theres a cabin out in the forest we can stay at..." He told me, "Are you sure you want to do this?... I mean, you're only nineteen."
"So? You're only nineteen-"
"Yeah, but, I've been nineteen longer then you have." He reminded me.
"Can you two stop whispering?" Pete laughed, "You're really getting on my nerves."
"Or all of our nerves." Jon added.
"Fine." I sighed, "I was just telling Brendon about all the amazing things we're going to do up at the cabin." I teased. They all looked at us in disgust, and Brendon blushed and chuckled nervously, "Im just joking, geeze."
"Right." Spencer mumbled, "So, guys... I-uh..." He stuttered, "Met someone."
"You did?" I asked, "Who? Whats her name? Is she a vampire?"
"... No." He said, "Her names Alex."
My eyes widened, "... Alex Clark?" He hesitated then nodded. I groaned and buried my face into the back of Brendons shoulder. Brendon laughed.
"What? Do you know her?" Spencer questioned.
I nodded into his shoulder, "She's kind of my best friend." I hissed at him and he winced.
"Im sorry?" He apologized unsurely.