Status: Hiatus until I get my laptop back >.<

I'm Not Your Toy

Chapter Four

I slept and dreamed in silence as the hours ticked by. Planes flew over the hotel bed I was sleeping in. One of those planes was mine. I was supposed to be on a seat, in that airplane, flying back to the US. But I was not. I was here.

Julia was here as well. She was standing over the night stand next to me, examining the bag of powdery gray-ish substance. She didn’t know what it was or how it got there. I did, but I was sleeping. She took the bag into the bathroom. There wasn’t much left, but whatever was left she poured into the toilet and flushed away. She threw the bag out in the trash can.

The sound of the water being flushed woke me up. She came out of the bathroom wiping her hands. “Good morning.” She said as she saw I was awake.

“Good morning.” I said. It was all I could manage considering the strange situation at hand. I looked that the clock. It was nearing two in the afternoon. Christ, I was really late for my flight. I jumped out of bed and reached for my clothes, all of which were scattered across the floor. I cursed as I jumped into them. Then I remembered, I’m not even in my own hotel room. I’d have to go all the way across town, pack my clothes, and then go all the way back across town to catch my flight. Yeah, I’m not going to possibly get on a plane today.

Then I remembered something else. I flung my head in the direction of the nightstand that was next to me last night. It was gone. It was all gone. I’d taken a hit before I fell asleep last night. I’d been itching all night, so I took a hit. And now, all of the heroin I had was gone. Unless I was dreaming that I took some. No, I couldn’t have been, I remember it clearly. “Did you…touch something of mine when I was asleep?” It was an accusation. She stole my drugs.

“What? Oh! Yeah, you mean that package of heroin that you blatantly left on the nightstand? Down the toilet.” She was insane. Absolutely mad. I barely know this woman and she takes it upon herself to dump my drugs down the toilet. What the fucking hell.

“What…I can’t even fathom…WHY?! You know what – never mind. I’m late for my plane. I have to call my agent. I gotta leave.” I had nowhere to go though. I took the phone on the nightstand and called my agent. Maybe he could book a later flight. She got up and pressed the disconnect button.

“You don’t need to. You’ll come back on my flight.” What was she talking about?

“I can’t just go with you. Where am I going to sit, in your suitcase? I’m calling my agent. Leave me alone.” I turned around and dialed his number again.

Yet again, she pressed the disconnect button. She took the phone and hung it up. “No, you’ll seat in a seat. Prime minister lent me one of the jets for Parliament. It leaves in four hours. You just can’t have any drugs on the plane.”

“Oh, ha-ha-ha!” I said with an excess of sarcasm. “Gimme the damn phone, I’m calling my agent.” I snatched the phone out of her hands and dialed the number.
It rang a few times before my agent, Jim, finally picked up. “Jim, hey, how’s it going. I don’t know if you noticed but I’m not on the plane right now.”

“If I’ve noticed. I’ve been freaking out for the last fucking hour Robert. They had to leave. Where the hell are you? I’ve been trying to reach you all fucking morning! You’re not at the hotel, you’re not at the airport, you’re not anywhere. Now where the hell are you?”

“Don’t worry mommy, I’m safe and sound. I didn’t take any candy from strangers last night. It’s okay.” Christ, sometimes this guy acts like I can’t take care of myself. I’m actually glad I’m not on the plane right now.

“Har-har, now where are you?!” I didn’t know how to sum up the events that just happened since last night.

“Well, you’re never going to believe this but, I’ve met someone.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment. Rate. Appreciate.

Please and thanks?