Status: DONE.

Young Love Was Such Dumb Love

Curious.

Homecoming was crowded and had stared an hour earlier than the group arrived so people were dancing already. Jared grabbed Benny's hand and pulled her into the mass grinding session. John clenched his jaw looking around for something to drink so he could just calm down. He thought Max would be angrier than him about this, but Max was already making out pretty heavily with his date on the dance floor. John sighed rolling up his light blue sleeves and loosening his striped tie.

"Do you wanna dance?" Megan asked, a little spit dribbling out on her lip from her braces. Her eyes were hopeful, some might even say desperate. She tugged on the bottom of her black cocktail dress looking up hopefully at him.

"Not really, sorry," John said, Megan look destroyed and ran off somewhere to stir drama. John felt guilty for most likely making her cry, but not guilty enough to chase after her. He took a sip of the punch and smiled slightly tasting the vague traces of vodka. Many cups later, John was feeling good and Benny came out from the dance floor, her hair had fallen out slightly and she was sweating a little, but had a giant smile plastered on her face.

"Hey John," She said sighing as she plopped down next to him, looking over at the beverage table then groaning. She was parched beyond believe, but she was also incredibly lazy. She smiled stealing some of his drink, after her giant gulp her throat burned and she coughed a little, she looked at John with a coy smile on her face. "Please don't tell me you did this," She said looking at him in a slightly maternal manner.

"No, but I am enjoying it," John smiled rubbing his forehead sleepily, his cheeks were slightly rosy and his breath reeked. She looked at the empty cups on the table and sighed. Right when she was opening her mouth to whip out some witty comment she felt John pulling her hand back into the dance floor. She stumbled after him and then felt as he turned her around, pulling her back close to his chest. His hips grinding up on her and his breath heavy on her neck, she was shocked in the best way possible. She found his rhythm and moved her hips with him, suddenly she felt his lips on ear. He took a sharp breath but nothing came out.

"John?" She turned around slightly nervous that he was only doing this because he had been drinking. She honestly had feelings for him and she didn't want to get played. He looked taken aback by her, wondering why she had stopped dancing and was now standing staring at him. "Are you okay?" She asked her eyebrows raised. Just then the fast song stopped and a slow song began playing.

"Fine, just dance with me," John said smiling, Benny felt her heart melt and a smile grow on her face. He pulled her close to him and the moved holding each other feeling each other's hearts pounding fast through their chests. "I have to be honest with you though," He said, the liquid courage obviously working.

"Yeah?" She asked her eyes closed and resting on his chest, he tilted her head up and she opened her eyes confused as to what exactly he was going to tell her. His eyes seemed to have the same vulnerability hers did, he remained silent for while before a crooked smile spread across his lips.

"I was so fucking jealous Jared got to take you," John said finally letting out all of his pent up emotions. His shoulders seemed to relax until realizing what he had just said and they tensed back up again awaiting her response.

"Good, because I really wanted to do this," Benny smiled pushing her toes further up than her high heels had been and pressing her lips to his gently. She slipped her arms around his neck and she started to play with the hairs at the back of his neck, driving him crazy. John's arms pulled her in tighter, bringing her closer to her. She moved back down off her toes and John craned his neck to compensate.

They kissed, separating their lips apart and deepening their kiss, he brought a hand to her face and moved it back to cradle her head. HIs tongue traced her bottom lip and she opened her mouth further and he pushed it in massaging hers. His arm brought her closer together until they were suddenly ripped apart, Benny cupped her mouth wondering what had happened. She saw Jared holding John's shoulder, the whole thing had created a whole in the mass of people, now interested in watching.

"What the fuck dude?" John asked bring his hands up and pushing Jared's hand off his shoulder, standing up tall into an aggressive, offensive pose. Benny got scared feeling Melissa come to her side tugging Tim along.

"Dude, you're fucking making out with my date!" Jared yelled, Benny couldn't figure out why he was getting up in arms about it. It's not like they were dating or anything, they came to a dance as friends.

"So, she's not your property dude! I can make out with her if I want!" John yelled back, Benny rolled her eyes and stood between them just as fists were getting raised. Both of them immediately stopping and seeing her annoyance and apathy over both of them. It hurt more than if she was concerned and yelling obscenities.

"Jared, it's my fault I kissed him first and John I'm not your property either so don't get your panties in a bunch. I want to go home, so I'm gonna go get a cab or hitchhike or something," Benny said, her first homecoming slightly ruined by two stupid boys. At the same time one of the stupid boys had made her night. She walked out of the auditorium pissed off, she stared at the sidewalk deciding she just wanted to sit and think alone. It was starting to get cool, the stars above seeming really bright. She heard footsteps coming and turned around expecting to see John, instead she saw Jared rubbing his head awkwardly.

"Benny, John's puking so we're gonna go before the cops smell it," Jared said, Benny's mouth dropped and she ran back inside, going into the boy's bathroom, she brushed past a bunch of boys mocking him. Wondering why they could be mocking him when last week they were partying with him. She shot them a glare as she passed by them. Opened the stall door and saw John crouched over the toilet.

"John, are you okay?" Benny said, her eyes growing sad seeing the pain in his eyes. She brushed some hair out of his face and his tear-filled eyes looked at her. She rubbed his back soothingly. He didn't seem anywhere near this drunk when they were dancing raising her suspicions he had more after the brawl. This arose a guilt in her, as if she had caused his pain and she couldn't bear that burden.

"Benny? I think I'm sick," he slurred before turning his head to vomit some more. She chuckled lowly and nodded in agreement rubbing his back. She whispered small words of comfort to him, telling him that he'd feel better once he got it all out and things of that nature. When John finally flushed the toilet and stood up, still swaying slightly Benny grabbed him and walked him over to the sink to rinse the acidity, rank taste out of his mouth. She cupped some water in her hand, she raised it to his mouth and he swished before spitting it out.

"Did you have anything to eat?" She asked turning to wet a paper towel and wipe of his face, while he stared dumbly at her. In sheer awe of her, honestly there was no one else he would rather had taking care of him right now. Benny didn't mind doing it either, the only regret she had was the suspicion John wouldn't remember this in the morning. He shook his head cutely and she smiled, pulling his arm over her shoulder and they walked out.

"Just come to my house, we can't let your mom see you like this," She said to him after she checked for cops or chaperones, seeing as John wasn't exactly the subtle kind of drunk. Tim was waiting in the car with everyone piled up in the car already, they saw John moving back whispering something in Benny's ear before kissing her cheek, which drew out a curiosity. Wondering when this happened.
♠ ♠ ♠
mhmmm. ;)