Status: Complete

The Beast and The Harlot = ?

Part 52

Another month has passed by and life was good.

I loved my job.

Being a bartender is a lot more fun then I thought it would be.

Beside the fact that I get hit on constantly, I love the atmosphere a bar has.

I've met so many interesting people and the pay is great.

Brian and the guys come and visit me often.

Brian gets so jealous when he sees me with Mike and I'm starting to notice why he gets so
upset.

It was just another night at the bar and me and Mike were working side by side as usual.

It was a busy, busy night and we were throwing out drinks like crazy.

I reached down to grab the vodka bottle from the bottom shelf when I felt a hand swipe over my
ass.

I jumped up in surprise and looked to see Mike trying not to smile.

"Tell me that was an accident." I said, hoping yo hear the answer I wanted.

"If that's what you want to hear, then I'll say it." He replied with a smile.

"Mike, we're friends. Don't fuck that up." I said firmly.

"Come on Cynthia. I know you. I know about your past with Brian. I know that you are better off with me. You just need to figure that out too." Mike said, stepping closer.

"Be careful, Mike. Even though you are being extremely stupid, I don't want you to get hurt if
someone sees you. Take a step back, and I'll forget about everything you just said." I told him.

"I'm not going to take it back. You belong with me. I could treat you so much better than that
asshole." Mike said, putting his hand on my hip, pulling me closer.

I immediately put space between us and threw my little waist apron down.

"I'm going home for the night. Hope you kill this crowd before they eat you alive." I said, turning
my back to him and walking out the door.

I drove home and tried to think of what I was going to say Brian.

Or if I was going to tell him at all.

I was practically shaking as I walked up the drive and opened the door.

Brian was laying on the couch watching tv when I walked in the living room.

"Hey baby." I said softly, leaning against the door frame.

"Hey Cynthia. How was work?" He asked softly.

I didn't answer immediately, just watched him.

"Babe?" He asked.

I looked up from the ground and into his eyes.

He opened his arms for me to climb into.

I smiled and went over to him, laying on top of him.

"So how was work?" Brian asked again.

I stayed quiet again.

"Did something happen that you dont want me to know about?" He asked.

Again I stayed quiet.

His whole body went rigid.

"Did someone hurt you?" Brian asked, his voice hard.

"No one hurt me. It was just Mike." I said in an aggrivated tone.

He sat straight up.

"What did he do to you?" Brian asked, standing up and moving across the room.

"He told me that I should be with him. That he could treat me so much better and I wouldn't have to worry about anything with him. He told me that right after he grabbed my ass." I said softly at the end.

The room went quiet and the only sound I could hear was my own heartbeat.

I looked up at Brian and his face was completely red, his eyes narrowed to slits.

"Babe?" I said softly.

There was no answer.

"Brian?" I said again.

"He. Put. His. Hands. On. You?" Brian asked in between gritted teeth.

"It was just for a second, Brian. I pushed him away and then I left after. I told him to never touch
me again and to forget everything he just said to me." I said quickly.

"That, piece of shit, put his hands on you?" Brian asked again a little quieter.

I jumped up and ran over to him.

"Babe, it didn't mean anything. Please don't be upset." I said pleading with him.

He brought my hands off his face.

"He put his hands on you, that's never okay." Brian said, walking towards the door.

"Brian, please. Stay with me." I cried, tears spilling down my cheeks.

Brian cupped my face gently and gave me a kiss.

"You know I love you Cynthia. And I would do anything for you. But I've stood by long enough while he's tried to make the moves on you. He's gone too far this time. Don't ask me to let him get away with this." Brian said.

"I'm not asking you. I'm begging you not to go. Stay with me. I'll handle Mike." I said, holding his arms tightly.

"Some guy, touched my girlfriend, I don't let that shit slide." Brian said.

"If you love me, you'll stay here. Stay with me." I begged, more tears spilling down my cheeks.

Brian didn't say anything.

He wiped my tears from cheeks and kissed me again.

He brought me over to the couch and sat me on his lap.

"Did he hurt you?" Brian asked softly.

"No. He just, made me uncomfortable. I did not like what he said about you either." I told him
honestly.

"I don't care what he says about me. He made you feel uncomfortable and that I don't
like. That's all I care about." He said firmly.

"I'll take care of it." I said firmly, not willing to let this tear me and Brian apart.

I thought of what I was going to do when I saw Mike.

My eyes narrowed with new determination.