Always

Eleven

It was now July and they guys had an amazing win. I was now five months along and not expecting this baby to come any sooner. Adam was having a guy’s day while Jess and I went around the city for a bit picking up a few more maternity clothes. “So how are you and Pat doing?” I asked knowing he was going to propose to her tonight at dinner.

“We are so great! He is taking me out to a nice restaurant tonight and he says he has a surprise for me.” She yelled through the dressing room door.
“Alright right I’m done. Lets go home cause your feet look like they hurt.” She said, she had no idea how much they hurt.

The rest of the day was spent with me lying with my feet up and boss lying beside me. Soon after of just lying there I fell asleep with no warning of Adam coming over in a few hours. Adam unlocked the door to her apartment letting him in. He knew he had to tell her the news now or never. If he put it off any longer she would just be even more pissed off. He saw her sleeping on the couch and he lightly woke her up. “Hey babe, I have something to tell you.” He said right off the bat.

“Hey Adam, what is it.” I said pushing myself up to a seated position. I looked at him concerned because he looked even more worried than he was probably feeling.

“I have to move to Texas I got traded to the stars.” He said scratching the back of his neck. I knew he was free agent this year and there was a great chance he would be moving. I never wanted to leave Chicago, it was my home. However, I could never keep this baby away from his father. “When do we move then?” I asked him.

“Babe I’m sorry I know Chicago is your home, wait what?” he asked rambling away.

I laughed at him a bit, “I said, when do we move?” He didn’t even give me an answer all he did was grab my face and kissed me hard. I smiled into the kiss knowing he wanted nothing more than for us to be with him while he is doing what he loves. He was supporting me and this baby; I needed to support him through his career. I knew that the day we got together. “Oh and Adam…”

“Yeah?” he asked quizzically

“I went to the doctors the other day. I told them to call me today to tell me everything and I didn’t want to know right then. They called today and we are having a boy.” I said.

“I’m having a son.” He said looking straight at me. I nodded my head with a huge grin on my face. “I love you so much Bri.” He whispered while leaning closer to my face and kissing me sweetly. What a perfect night.

We moved after the Blackhawks convention. It was pretty hectic moving a pregnant lady to another state but we would deal. I was now moving boxes into their rightful place, well more like sliding them. Adam was at an off-season practice to get to know his knew teammates and all that. I was actually really happy with the apartment we got. It had three bedrooms and a nice kitchen along with a beautiful dining area and living space. I decided to unpack and organize the closet before Adam would get home. It was difficult only knowing another couple. Adam knew Sean Avery and they had been friends for awhile. I met his fiancé and she was so nice. She reminded me of a redheaded jess.

I still call jess no worries; they are the godparents of our son. As I was putting Adams’ suits in the back of the closet I felt something unusual. “Ow.” I held onto my stomach a bit. Then I felt it again but worse. The baby couldn’t come now; I was only six months. I started to cry even though I knew it wouldn’t be good to cry. Then I felt the wetness of my water break. “Holy shit, oh my god oh my god oh my fucking god!” I was totally freaking out. Adam wasn’t here and I needed to get to my phone which was in the living room. I couldn’t go into hysterics now; it would just make the baby come sooner. “Holy shit, Ethan stay in there right now or I’m gonna be so pissed off.” I said yelling at my baby. I started the breathing that I learned in the Lamaze classes. Thank god I did because he calmed down for a few minuets. I needed Adam here now.

As if right on cue Adam walked through the front door with Sean. “ADAM BURISH GET THE FUCK IN HERE!” I screamed my head off as I felt another contraction.

“Holy shit! Bri you aren’t due for another three months.” He explained what I already knew.

“You think I don’t know that. Your son wants to come fucking early now get me to the damn hospital.”
One hour and thirty-six minuets later Ethan Levi Burish was born. But I haven’t seen him at all yet. They told me his lungs were under developed and he was having a hard time breathing. Although being born three months early everything else seemed to be okay. I couldn’t stop crying wondering if he was going to be okay. “Bri, babe he is going to be fine alright. He is the son of a fighter. He will fight this.” Adam cooed as he kissed my head.

I wrapped my arms tight around him not wanting to let go. “Adam, I love you.”

“I love you too Bri.” There was silence for a moment. “Bri,”

“Yeah… Adam?” I asked looking up at him.

“Marry me?” he asked. I just stared a moment unsure of what to say. I mean I loved the way our family is now. Why do I have to get married to make it legal, to me it was legal and I already have everything I wanted.

I looked at Adam, “No Adam, I love what we have already and we don’t need to get married to make legal to anything. I love you with all my heart and I love our son. I already have what I want.” Adam was shocked at what came out of Brianna’s mouth. He expected she would want to be married and to be a family. He did want to be married to her and have her have his name. But would it make any difference of how they feel about each other. “Brianna, I understand that and I’m kind of glad you see it that way. For me however, I only want to be married to you and I want you to have my last name. I want papers and our mail says Mr. and Mrs. Burish. I don’t want anything else.”

I smiled at this; I loved how he never stopped to fight to get what he wants. “I would love to marry you.” I smiled and kissed him with so much passion.
“Come on lets go see Ethan.”

Six months later

Ethan was home with us and doing amazingly well. Adam and I had a court wedding, nothing big but I was happy just being married to him. I was now feeding Ethan and had dinner already prepared for when Adam would be getting home. “Ow, Ethan don’t bite down that hurts.” I said pulling him away from my breast a bit. Ethan didn’t want any more so I tried to burp him. It was always trouble for me.

Adam came home just as I finished with Ethan. He was now sleeping in the little baby safe rocking chair. “Hey momma.” Adam said as he kissed my cheek snuggling next to me on the couch. “Hey daddy,” I smiled. “How was practice?”

“Good but I missed you and Ethan. How about we put him in his crib and have our own little sexy time.” He said wiggling his brow. I laughed and pushed him off me. Standing up, I grabbed Ethan and walked to his room. Laying him down in his crib I then started to run to our room already finding Adam in his boxers. I laughed; I walked up to him and straddled him wrapping my arms around his neck. “I love you Mr. Burish.”

“I love you Mrs. Burish.” Our lips crashed and our sexy time had begun.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys liked this! The last chapter!

Comment?