Status: I'm really excited for this story and my friend Alyssa is so awesome!!!!!!!!! XD

Lift Off Into My Heart

First Flight

I arrive on Mount Olympus with Daydreamer. I am greeted by the brooding faces of the gods awaiting for my arrival. I new this must be urgent, because all the gods were in attendance, except for Ares, who on occasion, likes to miss meetings. We all know now, after centuries of him doing this, that he does it only to aggravate us.

"Welcome my darling!" my mother Aphrodite called from her chair.

Zeus seemed to be watching my movements along with Poseidon. It was as if they were trying to calculate the odds of my success. I just wish that I had an idea before I came here what I was getting myself into.

"Mother," I smiled, "I'm very glad to see you this morning. Do you know why I have been called here, because it seems that I'm still, sadly, uninformed."

She looked at me and then at the two of the big three that were at the meeting. It seemed like she was waiting for them to inform me of why I was called to Mount Olympus. Zeus, as always, was the first to speak, "We have called you here to ask a favor of you."He looked at me. "Of course you may always say no." But judging by his expression I would be punished if no was my answer.

"Zeus, I highly doubt that I would refuse the chance to do something for the gods. Please, just tell me what you wish me to do." I answered easily.

I wasn't new at this. I know that you don't refuse Zeus, unless you have a very good reason, and even then punishment was expected.

He nodded as if excepting my answer as truth, Poseidon on the other hand had a slight smirk. He was well aware of why I agreed without even hearing the mission first. Saying no to Zeus is worse than any mission you could possibly get. Zeus looked pleased with my answer. "We the Council of Mount Olympus have decided to ask you, Antheia daughter of Aphrodite, to go to into the mortal world of course as a mortal yourself, but you would have to specifically go into the U.S Air Force and get into the minds of the mortals and see how they think and if anybody still believes in us gods anymore."

All the Gods were looking at me. I look directly at my mother. She had a straight face. I was completely on my own. I already agreed before I knew the conditions of what I was agreeing to. "May I have a second choice?" Zeus's eyes glow with electricity. Wrong question. "Um, that was a joke my Lord. My apologies for having a humorous attitude this morning." Zeus's eyes slowly dim back into their normal electric blue.

"Then its settled. You will leave immediately WITHOUT any discussion. Council Adjourned." Zeus taps his master bolt to make it official.

I wait for the Council room to clear. My mother elegantly glides over to me. My eyes must have been giving me away. "My dear Antheia, please listen to me. This will benefit you in more ways than you think." She cradles my face in her hands.

I gently push them away. "Mother, I can't do such an outlandish thing as pretending to be someone that I am simply not. I can not mother. I simply can not. It is too difficult. Male mortals are incompetent and will be fawning over me and I can not have them interfering with my..........mission or what ever you shall call it." I cross my arms letting her know that I was serious about this.

My mother smiles. "My Theia, do this is for me. For your dear mother. Please. It will only be for a short period. Besides it might actually be...............fun." I knew my face let her know that I didn't agree because she changed her argument, "Different at least, and maybe you'll learn something honey. Enjoy yourself. Embrace a side of yourself that hasn't been seen yet. I love you my dear Antheia. Always remember that."

My anger slowly starts to dissolve. I will only be doing this stupid assignment for my mother. No one else could make me go to that horrid planet, not even Zeus. Mortals are bad, but mortal men are the reincarnation of evil.