Status: Slow

The Only Exception

Love and Deception

I felt cheated and stupid.

Everyone in the car was doing nothing but stare. Our mother lied to us. The woman whom never lied nor cheat before just lied to not only me but to all of our siblings. I’m guessing dad put her up to it. He was the one always plotting some evil stuff behind our back. That’s not the only thing that shocked me, the twins fell for her lies and they didn’t suspect a thing. Not even a glimpse of doubt.

Jonathan and Joshua facial expression was priceless and I would laughed if I, myself wasn’t completely taken off guard. Gabe who was sitting in the driver seat’s was somewhat smiling at our misfortunes of being lied to. There were three things that were bothering me.

One is that the weather was supposed to be nice as my mother told us. Second the house was supposed to be bigger and it did look different than the house Jonathan and Joshua had imagined. Even though they tend to over-imagine but this is too far off our
imaginations.

Thirdly, I was deceived by my mother and I fell for it. The woman, who doesn’t even know the basics of lying, deceived her children and they never suspect her of doing anything. I was somewhat proud of her achievements but the feeling of lied at was unbearable, especially by a mother our mother. If I wasn’t in the group of the lied victims I would congratulate her and tell her how proud I am of her but like I said. I was definitely mad.

“I am not moving even an inch from my seat, even if Emily shall be sacrifice in a sacrificial ceremony.” Jonathan said as he crossed his hands and put on a determined look. Joshua agreed and even added his own vow. “I shall not move from my seat even if Emily was being kidnapped.” Truth be told they couldn’t care less about Emily and not even once have them helped her in any way but their main target in life was to make her life a miserable hell, so their vows was pretty much stupid and meaningless, but either way both of them were very determined about staying in the car while the rest of the siblings were already out of the car complaining. The thought of going out for a protest like the twins was very tempting but the outcome would be disastrous. At least, all of their protest always ends up with them being grounded or being lectured, and both are not my favorite things.

**

After sitting in the car for about 25 minutes, we were threatened by our father. He was counting to ten and the three of us protested and by the time he reached six we were all running for our lives. So in the end, we were all stuck in the house together all staring at my mum, annoyed.

“Now kids, I didn’t lie” my mother said trying to fend for herself from the crime she did.

“Yeah, and the weather is so nice I can’t even see a cloud” Jonathan said as he gave her a mocking smile.

“Well practically, I didn’t lie. I said it was nice weather here. I never said it was full of sun or something like that and anyway I thought you like the rain Ellie.”

“I’m not the one complaining.”

“Yet you are in their rebellious group.”

“Yes and that is because our house is bigger than our old ones” I said giving her a sickly sweet smile. We are definitely sarcastic if you were wondering. My mom just looked at me and then to the rest of the siblings looking, hoping one of us will help her, but as I said we are not the kind of people who enjoy being lied to. She was only counting stars if she was hoping for one of us to budge and forgives her. No way. Not until we come to an understanding and both sides will be satisfied or at least our side will.

“Ugh. There’s no use arguing with you guys.” My mom said looking annoyed at all of us. The rest of us didn’t do anything but just sat there doing our own thing, or doing nothing.

Natalie was just sitting her hazel brown eyes looking bored and her wavy brown hair fall to her shoulder gracefully. She looks beautiful as usual with her smooth complexion, pink lips and her long legs crossing. She’s the angel; she’s the one with the greatest heart and the calmest one among our siblings. The opposite of her, Emily with her long black hair and black eyes that can make drown you every time you gaze into them, matched with her white skin. Her skin was as beautiful as snow white’s, flawless and soft. She was pulling a black jacket around herself as she sat next to Gabriel on a two-seated sofa feeling safer next to our older brother rather than the twins.

Gabe was resting on the sofa from the tiring drive and was closing his blue eyes and running his hand through his blonde silky hair that falls around messily. His squared-jaw and perfectly aligned teeth in display as he smiled remembering something and his freckles around his nose’s bridge area gave him a boyish look that can captivate almost any girls. The twins who were looking as mischievous as they always are were sitting there looking bored. Their crop brunette hair falls dashingly with their white red skin, their mesmerizing green eyes that were always plotting and always have a certain evil glint lose the mischief look; they just looked aimlessly around the house, waiting for something interesting to happen. They are like walking mirrors; you can’t recognize who is who if you don’t know them well. Even mom and dad would messed them up sometimes, the only different that can differentiate Jonathan from Joshua are their eyes, Jonathan have a darker green pair of eyes than Joshua who have light green eyes and plus Joshua have a softer look in his eyes at certain times when you looked at them when they were not planning on something evil.

William who was sitting next to me laid his legs on my lap for his better comfort and to my inconvenience. He has brunette spiky hair that’s spiked with a little help from some gel, or normally would be comb to his left that makes him look like a surfer dude if only he has blonde hair he could be a Californian surfer dude. His grey eyes were closed and his head was on the sofa’s arm to make as a pillow. His squared-jaw make’s him looked a bit mature and more masculine and his perfectly pink shaped mouth, matched his skin complexion.

Lucas who was the youngest of all of us was sitting on the piano bench playing the piano or should I say randomly punching some keys. His long fingers and perfect nails touch the keys and he would push his naturally black silky hair that would cover his eyes from time to time. He has cerulean blue eyes that can captivate you in a glance, and his ridiculously long eyelashes matched perfectly with his white skin.

**

After the ‘family meeting’ consisting of my parents reasoning with us while we just kept on throwing sarcastic comments. We stopped when my dad clearly annoyed threaten to ground us if we brought any kind of disturbance to his house. Jonathan clearly was tempted and can’t shut his mouth with the words that left my father’s mouth and added “It’s your big house. I wonder why we are here?” and that was the last straw. All of us was somehow blamed for the comment and got in trouble. No cash for two whole months. That seemed to shut all of us and all of our eyes were set on Jonathan with an angry glare and that satisfy dad since he left the room alongside mum who from the look of it felt guilty.

“You and your big mouth” Gabe said as he raised from his seat and went out of the room not without sending a deathly glare towards Jonathan who had a look of remorse.

“Good work dumbass” William added and threw a cushion towards Jonathan on his way to out. Lucas who was the youngest also threw a cushion towards Jonathan following his brother and went out. Natalie the nicest of us sighed and mumbled something I didn’t catch and went outside. Emily took this chance to plan her revenge and threw a magazine towards Jonathan but she had a bad aim and the magazine when straight towards Joshua who was pissed off at Emily and at Jonathan and went storming off. Emily looked at the both of us and sighed and went out.

I was the only one sitting there as the others left. “You should shut up went told” I said as I lay my head on the sofa’s arm and closed my eyes. “It just slipped out of my mouth” he said raising his arms in defense. I was thinking of also storming off but I didn’t even know where to ‘storm off’ to and it was his fault that everyone’s mad so he should be the one leaving. “You’re not running away from me like the others?” he said lazily. “I’m tired.”

“Hey I heard about Thomas.”

“What about Thomas?”

“You know.”

“Yes and that’s why I’m asking.”

“Tch and sarcasms brought you everywhere. You totally broke his heart.”

“No I didn’t.”

“Everyone knows you’re in love with him and he’s in love with you since the 1st grade.”

“Firstly, I’m not in love it’s something called a crush. Secondly I didn’t break his heart” I said as I sat up straightly looking at Jonathan.

“So you knew he was in love with you?”

“That’s what he said, but believe me. He’s not.”

“And you know his feelings better than himself. He complained to me about it almost every day." That’s when I cut him off.

“Seriously, Nate you don’t actually believe he was in love with me? That was a crush and merely a crush. He clearly mixed everything up and that’s going to hurt him. It was better for him anyway. I’m not good for him.” I said glaring at him.

“How would you know? You need to let other people come close to you Liz. You can’t always push people away. You won’t be able to live not trusting what anyone said.”

“So what, they can throw me away like dirt? Lie to me? So they can tell me to wait for them in the playground and never came back? I’m tired of people playing me Nate. I have a family that loved me. Parents that give me shelter. I think I’m able to live just fine” I said as I went off storming with anger.

I knew it wasn’t his fault but somehow all the incidents in the past that happen to me taught me a lesson, and that loves hardly exist. I knew my parents love me till these days and that my family love me but how can someone who doesn’t even know me love me? Who doesn’t live with me? Someone who doesn’t know me enough tell me they love me. It’s like telling a complete stranger you knew their deepest heart desire. Who would believe it? Who in their right minds would believe you and won’t think that you are utterly out of your mind?
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited:

June 24, 2010 6:08PM