Status: New story idea. Updates may be slow.

Institute for Criminal Youths.

Nineteen.

I can't believe I've just told Victoria everything. I feel a mix of emotions, though it's mainly a mix of relief and guilt. Guilt because now Victoria will be terrified of being anywhere near Austin, which is reasonable, and relief because now I'm not in this on my own. Someone else knows.

Victoria is clinging to my face like she's scared of letting go and I place my hand against hers to comfort her.

"What are we going to do?" She whispers, shaking like a leaf as she meets my eyes.

"Honestly, Victoria? I don't know." I tell her.

She whimpers once and I can feel her nails bite into my cheek. Gently, I drag her hand away from my face and grip it tightly between my own. She looks away nervously to the door that leads to the corridor.

"I'm scared, Jamie."

"So am I. But I'm glad you know now." I say. "I'll make sure you'll be okay."

I mean it. I gave her my word that I would look after her and I'm not letting anything break that word.

"Thank you." She mumbles.

After a moment, Victoria notices we are still pretty much holding hands and she pulls away from me to walk over to the other side of the room. The sun streaks in from the window beside her and it makes her glow faintly. I watch as she nervously tugs the zip on her jumpsuit.

"What is it?" I sigh, standing up myself to join her by the wall.

"It's nothing." She says, avoiding my gaze.

"Sure it is. Come on, spit it out."

Victoria shakes her head and I step closer to her. I hear her breathing hitch up and feel her breath blow across my face.

"Victoria." I say sternly. "I just told you everything. Do you know how many people know what I just shared with you? No one except for the people involved. I trust you and I expect you to at least return the favour."

That seems to have sobered her up. She exhales and nods solemnly, still not looking at me.

"Fine. Fine!" She cries. "I'll tell you."

"Good, now what is it?"

She bites her lip and closes her eyes. "I don't know how to act around you."

What? I thought she'd been doing so well lately.

"Why's that?" I ask in confusion.

"Because..."

"Because?" I prompt, wanting to know the answer.

"Just because!" She hisses, narrowing her eyes at me.

God, I don't get this girl. One minute she's sad, the next she's happy, the next she's mad. She looks ready to punch me too and I'm really not prepared to have a wrestling match with a girl.

I grab her arms and hold her against the wall, just to make sure she won't do anything she'll regret later. Her eyes widen with shock and I shake my head.

"I don't want you to hit me. I know you will. Please, Vic. Just tell me."

Victoria's eyes sparkle with tears and she licks her lips quickly. I watch as she stares at my chest as she speaks.

"Fine. I don't know how to act around you because I think, and this is only think by the way! I think I like you." She admits.

"What the hell, Victoria?" I say quietly.

"I know, I know! I didn't want to tell you because I knew you were going to act like this. I'm sorry!" She tells me quickly, struggling to loosen my grip on her so she can get away from me.

"How could you only think you like me? With this face? Are you kidding!" I laugh, chuckling more when I see the look of confusion on her face.

"You're not mad?"

I stop laughing and turn serious. "No Vic, I would never be mad at you for this."

Carefully, I pull her arms behind my back so we're in an awkward hug. I can feel her heart thumping against my chest.

"So um, do you..." She starts but trails off.

"Do I?"

"Um, do you like, um...like me back?" She says shyly.

I laugh and hold onto Victoria's arms tighter. "What kind of question is that?"

"Well, do you?"

"The fact that I'm here with you and not in the concrete yard smoking a cigarette should tell you everything you need to know." I assure her, resting my chin on the top of her head.

"So you like me?" She asks again uncertainly.

I let go of her arms and she pulls back to look at me. I smile down at her and brush a hair from her face. She blushes a furious red by that and I laugh again at her embarrassment. I don't think I've ever laughed so much when Victoria wasn't here.

My fingers tilt her face up to my own but I stop in the process.

"I like you." I breathe before I kiss her.
♠ ♠ ♠
I honestly don't know why I write stuff straight into here. Lost my whole chapter again, as usual. I'm annoyed with myself. This replacement chapter probably isn't as good as the one I wrote originally.