Status: Writingg....

Finding the Forsaken

Chapter Two

I could feel the awkward, chilled feeling moving down my leg as it bled more and more. Dammit, she sliced me deeply, I thought as I tried to pin her to the ground. Just because I have a wounded leg doesn’t mean I could just let her escape, she’s too close to our grounds so she could rat us out. I have to kill her.

I ignored how I sort of mourned for the girl and focused. When I finally tripped her down to the coarse dirt, dry since it hasn’t rained in forever, I held her down with an arm at her neck, the other arm ripping off a piece of her sleeve. Once torn, I let go just for a second to wrap it around my leg as a bandage.

When she stood immediately, I was kind of stunned. She seemed to be shocked before by her jabbing me, so I got to trap her down which explains that, but then I had choked her—almost to her death maybe—yet she managed to spring right back up.

Ignoring the sharp pain in my leg that I soon grown used to, I bounded back up and slipped out my misericorde knife from my side and wielded it in the air.

She was panting a lot, her fair brunette hair tangled in front of her face, and in a crude fighting position; obviously she’s had no training or experience with this sort of weapon. That mourning emotion had shot back, my conscience telling me not to hurt her. You’ve never harmed a girl, it said. why make your first one so that’s so… pathetic? Just stop, now.

I pushed the thought back, but it fought its way back on its own. “I gotta’ hand it to ya, you’re pretty sharp for a girl, but your stance sucks.” I admitted, my voice echoing through the woods around us. “Give up now, there’s no way I’ll let you pass.”

She responded by first shaking her head, then by saying, “I’m not that gullible to think I haven’t a chance in the world.” She had curled her hair behind her ears and out of her face, and then took a step back. Before I knew it, she was charged at me—which it didn’t take long since we were sort of close to begin with—with her dagger in the air.

Without caring much, seeing this action done multiple times before, I let her come towards me up to the last second. That’s when I took a simple side step, crouching under her arm, causing her to prick the tree behind me greatly with her dagger.

“Holy…!” I gasped, glaring at how far the dagger went in. “Damn, you’re strong… for a girl. Who the hell are you?” I questioned as she tried to pull it out of the tree, yet the attempt was unsuccessful.

She shot me an offended look as if I had insulted her, but then shook it off as she left her dagger in the tree and took a few steps back. “That’s none of your business.” She muttered, glancing around, and then sighed. “So now what? Is this the end?” There was a moment of silence. “What will you accomplish by ridding me of my life, hmm?”

I could plainly tell that, because she didn’t have a weapon, she was trying to force guilt on me of some sort to stop me from killing her. It didn’t make me think much, since my conscience had already brought that up and it was still wandering in my mind, but I did ease my stance and lowered my misericorde.
♠ ♠ ♠
The boy's perspective. :)
Comments are loved, you know. :)