Status: May 26 : Updated!

Your Biggest Misconception

Chapter 8

“I’m freezing!” I whispered to Amanda as I shivered beside her.

The fire was still roaring with life as the flames danced, however, my mobility was limited because my body was still very cold. Amanda and I were both on the chilly side and were huddled against eachother tightly.

I hugged my hoodie to myself, willing it to cling to me tighter but I knew this was as warm as I was going to get.

The guys were all still howling with laughter as tales of previous times out at night were told. There seemed to be a lot of stories revolving Johnny and I came to the conclusion that he tended to be picked on a lot. At least more so then the others. In return though he dished it right back out and didn’t seem to mind much when it came to the things his friends were saying about him. Most of the jokes seemed to revolve around his height but he took those fairly well and even admitted he was the “short shit” of the group.

“Me too.” Amanda said quietly as she too shivered.

“Oh just go sit by Brian.” I poked at her causing her to blush against the firelight.

“Well why don’t you go sit by Zack?”

My face scrunched up at the mention of his name. “Why would I want to go sit by him?”

Amanda threw me her usual smirk and I playfully pushed her, making her topple over slightly on her beach towel.

I laughed at her as she scowled at me and slightly beside her I could see Jimmy watching the two of us with amusement flickering in his eyes. “What are you two doooooooing?” He questioned as he dragged out his last word, which held a suggestive tone to it.

“She’s being mean to me.” We both stated at the same time before locking our gaze and laughing.

“Oh wow.” Johnny said as he stared at us, looking kind of creeped out. “Because that wasn’t creepy or anything.”

Amanda finally righted herself back up on the towel and by now all of the guys were watching us in interest. “It happens.” She said with a shrug before wrapping back up in her extra towel.

Brian’s gaze was watching her closely and it was obvious he was trying to determine of she was cold or not. I smirked lightly, realizing he was very easy for me to read when I bet Amanda didn’t have the slightest clue as to how he was feeling.

“Cold?” Brian asked her as he held his arms out and motioned for her to make her way toward him with a gesture of his head.

A blush crept up Manda’s cheeks and I chuckled lightly as she stood up, wobbled slightly out of nerves and then made her way toward where he was seated two people away. Brian patted the spot on his towel between his legs with his hand and Amanda was completely blushing like crazy as she took a seat. His tattooed arms wrapped around her middle as he pulled her back against his chest and she settled into his embrace.

Well now I was left with no other body heat. I sat there shivering and held my hands out cautiously to try and get closer to the fire for some warmth. “Awww come here pumpkin! I’ll keep you warm!” Jimmy yelled as he threw his arms out and stood up abruptly. I blinked a few times in confusion before he pounced over to me and picked me up and held me in his lanky frame. Every laughed at his antics as he returned to his seat with me still in his arms. He positioned us much like Brian and Amanda were situated which made me laugh lightly.

“Thanks Jimmy.” I laughed as I turned to look up at the tall man’s face.

“Well I can’t let you freeze!”

“Sure you could.” I heard Zacky mutter under his breath from beside us.

My head whipped around and I sent him a glare, signaling that I had in fact heard him. His eyes widened slightly once he realized he hadn’t spoken softly enough and he immediately turned to face away from us.

“Just ignore him.” Jimmy said in my ear softly.

“Easier said then done.” I said back with a sigh. I hated that people could get to me so easily. I really tried not to let things, or people like Zack, bother me but they usually did. It sucked to put it simply.

“Hey Matt, where are those damn marshmallows you bought?” Johnny questioned as he dug though Matt’s bag unnoticed until he spoke up.

“What the fuck?” Matt questioned as he spotted his shorter friend and gave him a playful shove. “Get the fuck out of my bag.” He laughed as Johnny fell over but still managed to pull out the bag of marshmallows successfully. As he straightened himself he hoisted the bag into the air with both hands and made a triumphant sound.

“Victory!” He yelled making us all laugh. Matt tossed him a skewer from the bunch that were resting against the cooler and as soon as Johnny caught it he set it down and ripped the bag open.

Matt continued to hold out skewers but found they were short several. “Damn it. Jimmy I think we left the others in your car after the last time we came. Mind running to get them since you were a lucky fucker and got to park close?”

Jimmy cackled maniacally before nodding his head. “Sure time dude. Zack!” He yelled unnecessarily since he was sitting right beside us. “Time to apologize! Keep Kali warm while I’m gone and don’t be a bitch about it Zack.” He informed the guitarist firmly before skipping off
My eyes widened and I yelped as he picked me up and literally dropped me in Zack’s lap. Zack wrapped his arms around me as a reflex but he never fully removed them. He simply let out a grunt but let me readjust myself so I was more comfortable.

Amanda was watching intently along with Brian and both of them had slight smirks on their faces.

I shot them a glare before diverting my gaze to the marshmallow that Johnny had now caught on fire. “Damn it!” He yelled as he frantically blew out the flames that now engulfed his treat.

I laughed as I subconsciously settled back against Zack’s chest and his hands came to rest on the outside of my thighs. It was a comfortable position and while I wasn’t too happy it was with Zacky, I wasn’t going to complain if it meant I was warm.

“Here.” Zack said as he reached over and skewered a marshmallow before handing it to me.

Although shocked slightly by his gesture, I kindly took it from him. “Thank you.”

He nodded his head and wrapped his arms around me once more as I held the metal stick out over the fire. “Wow you really are cold.” He said as his hands ran down my thighs and stopped by my bare knees before moving back up in an attempt to warm me up.

“I know. I didn’t think to bring jeans. They’re back at Brian’s house.”

“It’s not that cold though. The fire is keeping things warm.” He said with a hint of confusion in his tone.

Looking down I realized he was still in his board shorts as were all of the guys. “I get cold easily.” I explained with a shrug as I pulled the skewer from the fire and held it in front of me to inspect my perfectly golden brown marshmallow.

I turned to show Zacky but my smile turned into a frown as he picked the marshmallow from the skewer and popped it into his mouth with a very satisfied smirk on his lips as he chewed.

“I can’t believe you just did that!” I exclaimed as I crossed my arms over my chest after setting the skewer down.

The frown on my face resembled that of a little kid and it only made everyone laugh. “Now you get to make me one.” I informed Zack as I continued to scowl after he had swallowed the marshmallow.

“Says who?” He questioned with a laugh.

“Me! The person whose marshmallow you just inhaled!”

Johnny skewered another marshmallow and handed it to Zack.

He frowned but took the skewer and reached around me to extend it to the fire. “And don’t burn it!” I informed him with a stern tone.

He simply grunted in return as he turned the marshmallow.

“I’m baaaaack!” Jimmy hollered as he came back holding the skewers high as if to show he was proud of his accomplishment.

I laughed lightly as he tossed the skewers to Matt before plopping back down in his spot.

“Damn it!” Zack yelled as he moved me slightly as he pulled his skewer back with the marshmallow now engulfed in flames.

He quickly blew it out and then held it out to me with a very pathetic grin. I simply narrowed my eyes at him and took the marshmallow anyway.

“You are impossible.” I stated as I chewed.

“Impossibly amazing. I know.” He stated cockily, making me roll my eyes.

I looked over to Amanda who was still looking almost too comfortable in Brian’s grasp. She looked like she was trying to stifle a laugh at the interaction taking place between Zack and I. Well at least someone was getting a kick out of it because I sure was not.

Manda turned her attention back to whatever Matt was talking to Brian about.

“You look tired.” Zack commented casually as he replaced his hands on my thighs that I had squeezed together to try and stay warm. I could really go for my pajamas right about now.

“The beach takes a lot out of me.” I simply said as I fought to stifle my yawn.

Zack chuckled at my failed attempt. His chest rumbled as he laughed and I could feel it against my back.

“Either that or you’re a lightweight and are passing out after only two beers.” I turned my head so I could look at him with a glare.

“I’m not a lightweight. I’m just tired.” I insisted firmly only to have him smirk in response.

“If you say so.” He replied airily. “Lightweight.” He added in with a chuckle.

Not knowing anything else to do, I brought my elbow back and elbowed him in the stomach, not super hard but enough to make my point.

He let out a sharp breath as he bent forward into my back. “What the hell?” He asked as he in return playfully pinched the inside of my thigh, making my body jump in reaction to the sharp sting.

I leaned back against him and elbowed him once more.

“What the fuck!” He yelled playfully and this time leant his head down to sink his teeth into the tender skin of my neck. It was a playful bite but it still shocked me he had actually done that.

“Did you just bite me?” I asked with wide eyes.

The glint in his eyes was definitely a mischievous one and it was one he was not going to get away with using.

I turned my body slightly and reached up to grab onto one of his nipples.

Zack let out a yelp and grabbed onto me tightly before rolling backwards and onto the ground.

Sand began flying everywhere as Zack and I fought to hurt the other person. Not greatly injure though. It was more of a play fight.

I let out a high pitched squeal as Zack smirked and reached up to in turn grab onto one of my nipples. “Zachary!” I yelled as I punched him in the arm, making him let go.

We were both laughing slightly and were completely oblivious to anything around us that was going on. I attempted to bring my knee up into his groin but he grabbed onto it and shoved it back into the sand, pinning it there with one of his own legs.

I struggled against Zack’s wright, trying to toss and turn to get his body off of mine. However, me being a girl was having no luck with that. With narrow eyes I looked up into Zack’s eyes to see he was completely covered in sand as I expected I too was. His hands were above my head, pinning my wrists together. Both of his legs had my own legs held still and his torso was straddling my waist.

My breathing was ragged as I tried to calm myself down a bit. Zack was also breathing just as heavily. He was looking rather triumphant while I on the other hand was not happy about the position I was in currently.

“Get off me.” I growled.

He cocked his head to the side and smirked. “Only if you admit something to me.”

I kept my eyes narrowed and was determined to ignore his request no matter what it was. He bent down and I could feel his breath against the side of my face. “Admit I win.” He whispered huskily into my ear, sending shivers down my spine.

“I’m not gonna admit that!” I hissed up at him hoping to intimidate him as I continued to struggle beneath his weight. Intimidation was a failure however, and my retort really only succeeded in making his smirk increase in size.

“Alright have it your way then.” He casually informed me as he raised his hand and acted like he was going to reach down and grab my boob once more.

“Don’t you even!” I yelled out as he continued to smirk down at me.

“Last chance.” He warned as he brought his hand closer and moved his index finger and thumb together in a pinching motion, tauntingly.

“Alright! You win.” I muttered softly.

“What was that?” Zack asked as his smirk turned into a sadistic looking grin.

“You win.” I stated a little louder this time.

My body jumped a mile as Zack reached out and grabbed my right boob with his entire hand. I let out a yell as he just smirked down at me. “Zack!!! You win! Now let the fuck go!”

He stopped his grabbing but didn’t fully remove his hand. “Everyone hear that?” He turned his head and questioned to everyone whom I now realized was watching the scene, all looking extremely amused at the interaction that was taking place.

They must have all nodded or something because Zack seemed satisfied enough to let go of me. He rolled sideways so his body weight was no longer trapping me.

“Nice to know you’re done groping me.” I grumbled as I stood up, with no help from him, and began to try and brush some of the sand off of me.

“I can continue if you’d like.” He informed me smugly as he too tried to brush the sand from himself.

You see, the problem with sand is that it doesn’t necessarily just brush off. The grains stick to you and while you might get most of it off there is always some left until you can take a shower and really scrub it off. Needless to say I was feeling extremely sandy still and it was all Zack’s fault.

When I finally turned to look at everyone they were looking at Zack and myself with scrunched up faces. “You two look like you need a shower.” Brian stated with a chuckle.

Zack narrowed his eyes playfully at his fellow guitarist and best friend. “No shit Sherlock.”

“And it’s all his fault.” I glared at Zack who was rolling his eyes at me now. “But yes Brian. A shower would really be appreciated right now.” I gave him an over the top grin which made them all laugh.

“Well since you two are playing so nicely together why don’t you guys take my car back to my place to shower and we will all clean up then one of the guys can drop us off.” Brian suggested with a smirk as he tossed his car keys to Zack once more.

“Are you trying to torture me here?” I asked Brian with a frown. He just continued to grin and then when I turned to Amanda for help she only shrugged her shoulders. Well, nice to see her allegiance lies somewhere else now.

“You all are terrible.” I mumbled as I grabbed my things and waited for Zack to do the same.

He quickly snagged everything he brought and then turned to walk with me toward the cars once more. I saw him raise his hand and give the middle finger salute to the rest of the group as they called their goodbyes tauntingly.

“This is ridiculous.” I finally said after a silent walk to Brian’s car.

“Tell me about it.” He grumbled back as he unlocked the car and we climbed in.

The ride to Brian’s house was once again silent. I was still pissed at Zack for what he had done, and then ultimately getting me all sandy to the point that I was stuck in the car with him yet again.

Once we got to Brian’s and Zack opened the garage I didn’t even give him time to shut the engine off before I climbed from the car and hurried into the house.

I was carrying my flip flops as I hurried through the house, trying to be careful not to get sand all over Brian’s house since it was so nice. When I reached the stairs to go up I hesitated because they were carpeted and I seriously worried about getting sand everywhere.

“Just go.” Zack grumbled from behind me. “Brian has a cleaning service come in once a week. He won’t care if you get any damn sand on anything.”

I turned my head to see Zack was approaching me to go upstairs too. “I don’t know where the bathroom is.” I told Zack softly. He nudged past me and motioned for me to follow him with a wave of his hand.

Trudging behind him I made the mistake of looking up and was greeted with a view of his backside. I blinked a few times before I realized I was actually admiring one of Zack’s assets that I didn’t really want to admire.

Or did I?

“This is the guest bathroom. You can use this one. I’ll use Brian’s.” He informed me in a monotone voice as he pointed to a door down a hallway on the left.

“Ok thanks.” I whispered before I disappeared into the bathroom, shedding my clothes as I went.

My mind was a fog. Actually it was probably filled with sand at the moment. How is it that one moment I can be completely and utterly agitated and annoyed at Zack Baker and the next I find myself checking him out?

Zack was not a guy I should be interested. He’s just coming out of a relationship, he’s a cocky, arrogant rockstar with more money than he knows what to do with, he’s mean, he’s perverted…

My thoughts trailed off as I let out a heavy sigh as I stepped into the standing shower and closed the glass door behind me.

Standing under the stream of hot water seemed to melt my worries away for the time being. Zack may be a pain in my ass but he was tolerable when I didn’t let him rile me up completely.

Opening my eyes I glanced around before my eyes widened in size as realization suddenly hit me hard. I didn’t being anything in here with me. No soap, no shampoo, and most importantly, no clean clothes.

“Damn it!” I mumbled, completely frustrated with myself for not thinking about that before I climbed into the shower. I had been so set on rinsing off and getting clean that I completely forgot about everything I would need once I was out of the shower.

Thankfully, there was some liquid soap along with shampoo and conditioner in here. It seems Brian was prepared for guests after all.

The clothes however, would still be a problem.

I opened the shower door slightly and poked my head out hesitantly. With hopeful eyes I scanned the room and let out a sigh of relief when I spotted a rack standing alone across the room with a bunch of spare black and blue towels folded on it.

Well at least something had gone right.

Bringing my head back into the shower, I closed the glass door once more and started to really scrub the sand off of my body with the soap. Once I had done that and had declared myself sand free I then washed my hair.

It felt so nice to be clean for once. I loved the sand but there is only so much sand one can handle on one’s body honestly.

Once I felt clean enough I shut the water off and tried to shake off as much of the water as was possible so I wouldn’t get the floor soaked.

I made a mad dash for the towels and grabbed a black one before returning to the shower where I dried off completely.

With a large sigh I wrapped the towel around my body and stepped from the shower once more. I moved closer to the door and took another deep breath.

“Alright Kali, what are the chances you’re going to run into Zack in the hallway?” I tried to reason with myself. “Your bedroom is just down the hall. You can make it.” My head nodded to agree with what I was saying.

Clutching the towel tightly to myself I grabbed the door handle and took a deep breath before I twisted it open and high tailed out.

After I threw the door open I expected to run down the hallway and into the safety of my bedroom. However, that wasn’t quite how it panned out.

Exiting the bathroom I hung a sharp left and instantly collided with a solid figure. The unexpected collision made me lose my footing and if it wasn’t for a set of strong arms I would have ended up on the floor in a heaping pile of limbs and towel.

I looked up with mortified eyes into Zack’s face that looked just as surprised. He steadied me with his arms and helped me stand back upright but he never fully removed his arms from around me. My eyes kept blinking as we both continued to stand there in shock. Glancing down I realized that Zack too was only wearing a towel, except his was a dark green, which complimented his eyes rather nicely.

His hands gently rested on the small of my back, putting a tiny bit of pressure on it. I felt comfortable in his arms, much like I did earlier. He brought one hand up and pushed a wet piece of hair out of the way that was hanging in front of my eyes.

“Uh…” Zack stated as his eyes finally roamed my towel-clad body. His mouth was parted slightly and his eyes were still wide as they came to rest on the top of my breasts where the towel ended. His hair was wet and was sticking to his face. The towel he had on clung to him loosely and hung dangerously low across his hips.

He finally brought his eyes up to meet mine and we stared at eachother for a moment before we both seemed to be brought back to reality at the exact same moment.

“What the fuck!”

“Ahhh! Go away! Get out!”

“Stop looking at me you pervert!” I yelled before I pushed past Zack and ran the rest of the way to my bedroom before slamming the door shut behind me. Moments later I heard Zack do the same to the room I presumed he was staying in as well.

I backed up against the wall and slid down to the floor in a heap as I tried to contemplate what had just happened.

We did not just have a moment. We did not just have a moment. The thoughts I was trying to convince myself to think were slowly disappearing as I brought my hands up to my face and tried to fan the heat from it.

With a groan I bit my lip and looked up at the ceiling.

“We totally just had a moment.”
♠ ♠ ♠
The inspiration fairy finally hit!!!!!! I know it took forever, I'm sorry! I seem to say that every time I know. However, school is completely kicking my butt this semester! Unfortunately for me I'm taking all the SUPER hard classes. Better to get them out of the way right?

Anyway..... things are heating up it seems. A little tension here and there is always a good thing hehe.

As you all know, I love reading your awesome comments! I know this isn't the best story I've written. That seems to be my super popular Matt one haha. What is it with Matt? Poor Zacky needs some love too!!!!!

Hugs to all my commenters! (and all you silent readers get one too!)

Ultraviolet Light
Zackylicious
hotfish13
New Romantic.
violeteyes
perfectionist326
youcannotdestroyme
Slinky
Every..Single..Beat
Fallin_For_You
punkstar102
Je te plumerai
Miss.CorrCorr
JarasicJade
moviemaniac888
GEEgoesRAWR6661
A7X-Gc-luver
avenging angel
Just.Listen
dofyorkpub

<3 to you all!